Outlook Sales Extension

prozakis
Top Contributor

email tracking plugin ruins performance of outlook 2016 (for desktop PC)

SOLVE

After we installed the email tracking plugin in Outlook 2016, the outlook app for desktop takes ages to load a new mail screen, or even worse to load the reply or forward screen.

We uninstalled plugin and office and and re-installed. No difference in behaviour.

It is totally unproductive to click reply and wait for like 10-15 seconds for the mail to load.

Please advise

1 Accepted solution
AdamLPW
Solution
Key Advisor

SOLVE

Hi @miles267,

This worked for me - 

Here's some more instruction on how to uninstall the O365 add-in ( Link ) and how to install the Outlook desktop add-in ( Link )"

Agree - the Office 365 plugin really needs fixing.  HS tell me it's something about tracking and Internet Explorer running in the background.  TBH the old plugin works PERFECTLY for me... in fact, it's actually more functional as it has right-click context menus that allow you to drop meeting links and snippets into the body of an email (which the new add-in doesn't).  

Hope this helps.

Did my post help answer your query? Help the Community by marking it as a solution
"The rest of my advice has no basis more reliable than my own meandering experience. I will dispense this experience... now!"

View solution in original post

63 Replies 63
BrendanSmall

SOLVE

@BrettLanguirand

This is causing a huge amount of email performance for my sales team. 

Your Add-on seems to be the cause of:

1. Extremely slow starts of outlooks (despite disabled HW acceleration, email caching and clearing nickname registry)
  2. Excessive delays in replying to emails, creating new emails and forwarding emailsHubSpot Addin Performance.PNG

Can your engineers please address this ASAP. 

0 Upvotes
prozakis
Top Contributor

SOLVE

I reported this 6 months ago.

There is no official feedback. Not even a response.

We had to drop the use of the outlook plugin all together

0 Upvotes
st3ve

SOLVE

One of our users is experiencing this same problem

0 Upvotes
BrendanSmall

SOLVE

Thats a shame because email tracking is a core function these days!

at least with MS Dynamics CRM you had an option to do server side email syncing with O365 and smart-token matching - it seems with Hubspot you need the client installed and there are no alternative options - bad performance with email tracking or a blind spot with reasonable email performance. 

0 Upvotes
prozakis
Top Contributor

SOLVE

There are email tracking CRM alternatives like Zoho, Bitrix24 and a lot more.

But when we spend 100 of hours to setup a system and teach the system to our people, then it is crazy to have to drop it fro a detail like this

0 Upvotes
jennysowyrda
Community Manager
Community Manager

SOLVE

Hi @st3ve @prozakis @BrendanSmall @Paul1975 @PaulDHauck

I appreciate your frustrations regarding Outlook slowing down with the HubSpot extension enabled. I wanted to share a link to the new Outlook extension that is in beta. If you would like to have access to this new extension, click here.

This extension is working towards improving the overall functionality and ease of the Outlook extension, so it will be a good first step towards improving this tool for you.

Cheers,

Jenny

0 Upvotes
Nwclark85
Contributor

SOLVE

@jennysowyrda

I have signed up for the new extension but do you have any idea how long this might take. I am having the same issue and want to upgrade my whole team to Sales Pro but I do not think they will be willing to do so at the current speeds.

Can you confirm the development timetable?

0 Upvotes
jennysowyrda
Community Manager
Community Manager

SOLVE

@Nwclark85 if you have filled out the form and not heard back, you may not have a compatible inbox. Is your email provider Office 365? That is a requirement for the beta version, along with having a connected inbox. 

0 Upvotes
prozakis
Top Contributor

SOLVE

@jennysowyrda I am confused now.

My email provider is gmail (G-Suite) and my email client is MS-Outlook 2016.

Now I use the "Hubspot sales" plugin v. 3.0.1.111 for outlook 2016. 

Am I in compatible version for the new application ?

0 Upvotes
jennysowyrda
Community Manager
Community Manager

SOLVE

@BrendanSmall @Nwclark85 the beta version will be released to users over time. As the tool is still in beta, it cannot handle the capacity of all users and will be released to users on a testing basis as the developers see fit. 

@prozakis if your inbox is not hosted by Outlook 365 than it will not be compatible with the beta version per the specifications on the sign up page. 

0 Upvotes
prozakis
Top Contributor

SOLVE

@jennysowyrda Please clarify. You mean that my host Gmail is NOT compatible. We use Ms-outlook 2016 desktop client with the Hubspot sales plugin.

0 Upvotes
PaulDHauck
Participant

SOLVE

@jennysowyrda- is the new version of the plugin intended to be just for O365-hosted email users as well, or is that just some limitation of the beta version? And have you got any timeframe on a more general roll-out?

0 Upvotes
jennysowyrda
Community Manager
Community Manager

SOLVE

Hi @PaulDHauck

At the moment the extension is, and will continue to be, intended for Office 365 hosted emails. 

There is no timeline at the moment, but please know that the information will be shared when it becomes available. 

Thank you,

Jenny

0 Upvotes
Nwclark85
Contributor

SOLVE

Hi

Has the timeframe on the new version of the Outlook Sales extension got any clearer?

Thanks

Nwclark85
Contributor

SOLVE

@jennysowyrda

My mistake, i thought that the link was to sign up for notification of the beta system once it was ready. The account I gave is not provided by office 365 but i have re-entered the form with one that is and got no reply so far. Should it be instant?

0 Upvotes
BrendanSmall

SOLVE

@jennysowyrda

Thats a possibility, however I am a full Microsoft 365, Outlook + Exchange Online user and we still have not recieved any further action on this.

I have followed up 3-4 weeks ago with no ETA on release of the Beta Version.

In Lieu of a stable outlook client, Hubspot should at least provide advice on fixing performance for this. It KILLS sales teams' productivity when an email takes between 15-30 seconds just to open a reply. I'd recommend a local caches reference within the application data so that it doesnt need to constantly query the HS instance.

0 Upvotes
prozakis
Top Contributor

SOLVE

Hello @BrettLanguirand

The only active add-ins are sidekick and Google apps sync. I tried all these you suggest. When we remove sidekick outlook flies, even if ALL other add-ins are active

activeaddins.JPG

0 Upvotes
prozakis
Top Contributor

SOLVE

Hello @BrettLanguirand

any development on this issue ?

0 Upvotes
prozakis
Top Contributor

SOLVE

Hello @BrettLanguirand

ongoing problem, no solution. Decided to drop the app. will look for alternatives

sidekick.JPG

0 Upvotes
Philpatmatt

SOLVE

I am having the very same issue. Sidekick is the only add in. At times outlook tries to disable it or close down outlook. Outlook 365 is the program.

0 Upvotes
prozakis
Top Contributor

SOLVE

Hi @BrettLanguirand

Thank you for replying. The only add in in outlook is the Hubspot sales and as you can see from the attached photo it causes delays to outlook.

All other suggestions I tried without change in speed.

This issue with the plugin is very common in our company

I just replaced my old HDD with a SDD. My computer flies, apart from this issue which remains exactly the same as with the previous setup

Thanks for your efforts

Panos

outlookplugin.JPG

0 Upvotes