Outlook Sales Extension

jayne78
Miembro

desktop email add on working but has stopped mail function on iPhone?

resolver

Hi,

have successfully installed add on for email tracking and logging to desktop, however since completing I am not receiving any email at all to the same work email account on my iphone?

work email is running on a pop 3 server,

thanks

0 Me gusta
1 Soluciones aceptada
sharonlicari
Solución
Administrador de la comunidad

resolver

Hey @jayne78 

HubSpot only provides the ability for users to connect their inboxes to HubSpot through IMAPPOP3 and IMAP are both methods used to access your email from a server. The differences are outlined below.

POP3 downloads the email to your machine. When an email is sent to your email address, it's stored on your email server. When you open your email client, the email client will actually download the email to your device. Once it's downloaded to your device, it is removed from the email server and only stored locally on your machine.

So, for example, if you have your email set up via POP3 and open your email on your mobile device, it would download the emails there. If you were to go to a computer and check your emails, there wouldn't be any emails to show you since they were already downloaded to your mobile phone.

IMAP allows you to access their emails across devices. When you access your email via IMAP, it keeps the original email on the email server and simply downloads a local copy of the email to your device. This way, you can access all of your emails on any device, at any time.

HubSpot needs to be able to access your email at all times. For this reason, your email needs to always be available on your email server so that HubSpot can see it. Connecting via IMAP allows for this, POP3 doesn't.

If you're looking at your email client settings and notice that you're set up via POP3, you'll need to work with your IT team to change this to IMAP. Once that's done, you should see the IMAP/SMTP servers and ports in your email client settings to input into HubSpot to connect.

I hope this information helps,

Sharon

Did you know that the Community is available in other languages?
Join regional conversations by changing your language settings !

Ver la solución en mensaje original publicado

0 Me gusta
1 Respuesta 1
sharonlicari
Solución

resolver

Hey @jayne78 

HubSpot only provides the ability for users to connect their inboxes to HubSpot through IMAPPOP3 and IMAP are both methods used to access your email from a server. The differences are outlined below.

POP3 downloads the email to your machine. When an email is sent to your email address, it's stored on your email server. When you open your email client, the email client will actually download the email to your device. Once it's downloaded to your device, it is removed from the email server and only stored locally on your machine.

So, for example, if you have your email set up via POP3 and open your email on your mobile device, it would download the emails there. If you were to go to a computer and check your emails, there wouldn't be any emails to show you since they were already downloaded to your mobile phone.

IMAP allows you to access their emails across devices. When you access your email via IMAP, it keeps the original email on the email server and simply downloads a local copy of the email to your device. This way, you can access all of your emails on any device, at any time.

HubSpot needs to be able to access your email at all times. For this reason, your email needs to always be available on your email server so that HubSpot can see it. Connecting via IMAP allows for this, POP3 doesn't.

If you're looking at your email client settings and notice that you're set up via POP3, you'll need to work with your IT team to change this to IMAP. Once that's done, you should see the IMAP/SMTP servers and ports in your email client settings to input into HubSpot to connect.

I hope this information helps,

Sharon

Did you know that the Community is available in other languages?
Join regional conversations by changing your language settings !

0 Me gusta