Outlook Sales Extension

CorePipe
Participant

Will HubSpot CRM track emails generated by ERP software sent through Outlook if connected?

I recently joined a company that is using Global Shop ERP software. The CRM built in isn't particularly robust or user friendly, so I want to get us switched over to HubSpot CRM. I'm  currently getting some info put in so I can demonstrate its capabilities, but needed to figure this out before pitching the switch.

If our ERP software is connected to Outlook and uses it to send things like quotes from within the ERP software ('email quote' button), and if I have HubSpot connected to Outlook, will HubSpot track and log those quote emails from our ERP automatically?

0 Upvotes
4 Replies 4
kimnguyen
Contributor | Diamond Partner
Contributor | Diamond Partner

Will HubSpot CRM track emails generated by ERP software sent through Outlook if connected?

Hi there, 

Difficult to say without an access to the ERP, but I would suggest adding the HubSpot BCC (https://knowledge.hubspot.com/settings/log-email-in-your-crm-with-the-bcc-or-forwarding-address)  to emails sent from the ERP. Is that possible.

Kr,

Kim
Elixir Solutions
kim.nguyen@elixir-solutions.net

CorePipe
Participant

Morning Kim,

Thanks for the reply! I hadn't considered that, it's an excellent idea that I think would lock in email tracking through our ERP and, more than likely, give sales and marketing even deeper insight through the use of HubSpot, helping me make the case for a full switch.

I don't have the necessary permissions in our ERP to determine this on my own at the moment, but i'll reach out to our business systems person and see what we can do.

Thanks again!

Bobby

0 Upvotes
JessicaH
HubSpot Alumni
HubSpot Alumni

Hi @CorePipe,

Thanks for reaching out. 
I want to tag in some thought leaders to see if they can assist with this.

Hi @Mike_Eastwood @willsmith @kimnguyen, would you be able to share your thoughts with @CorePipe?

Thanks!

Jess   

Wusstest du, dass es auch eine DACH-Community gibt?
Nimm an regionalen Unterhaltungen teil, in dem du deine Spracheinstellungen änderst !

Did you know that the Community is available in other languages?
Join regional conversations by changing your language settings !

0 Upvotes
CorePipe
Participant

Morning Jess,

Thanks for the visibility! The first reply has already provided a potential answer/solution to  this for me.

Have a great day and thanks again,

Bobby

0 Upvotes