Outlook Sales Extension

CJCART
Participant

Why does the Outlook Extension log users out?

I'm the admin for my company and we have set all our users up with the Outlook extension for tracking and logging their sales emails in the Free CRM. Some users stay logged into this extension and their emails log and track, while others are logged out at random intervals after a few days or weeks, and have to duplicate their work by forwarding sales emails to the Forward Email that were sent during their down time. Is this normal? Or should the extension, theoretically, be ALWAYS logged in? Can anyone here explain why the Outlook Extension app is not staying logged on for all users? Does the extension log a user out when a certain event takes place, such as an Outlook update, computer restart, closing of the Outlook app, etc.?  Knowing the reasoning behind when the app logs out would help our training process tremendously. 

10 Replies 10
Pedrodelamigo
Contributor

@CJCART Did you found a solution for this? We are having the same problem with a customer of ours

0 Upvotes
CMcRae-Thompson
Participant

@Pedrodelamigo @VVasserman My users are having this same issue. I came across these troubleshooting articles and will try them tomorrow. Thought I'd share here - HubSpot Sales prompts login every time Outlook on desktop is opened and Troubleshoot the HubSpot Sales Office 365 add-in (section tittled: Stuck in a login loop).

PamCotton
Community Manager
Community Manager

Thank you for sharing this troubleshooting steps @CMcRae-Thompson.

Kindly,

Pam

Você sabia que a Comunidade está disponível em outros idiomas?
Participe de conversas regionais, alterando suas configurações de idioma !

Did you know that the Community is available in other languages?
Join regional conversations by changing your language settings !

0 Upvotes
VVasserman
Participant

That's great. Let us know how you go with the troubleshooting. Thank you. 
I was informed also today, that as a security feature Hubspot can boot you out to re log in every 30 days.

0 Upvotes
VVasserman
Participant

This is also happening to us @CJCART . Any luck with a solution that keeps everyone logged on all the time?

0 Upvotes
CJCART
Participant

We are using the Office 365 add-in. 

The troubleshooting article did not answer my question. My question is more about what is normal behavior vs what is a malfunction that needs troubleshooting. We are not having trouble logging in, nor is the add-in malfunctioning once logged in. Simply, why does the app not stay logged in? And is this a malfunction or is this normal, expected behavior that we need to adjust to? Is it normal have to check regularly to make sure you are logged into the add-in? Do other users find that this disrupts their workflow? Does the log out happen after any particular events, like an outlook update, computer restart, closing of the app, etc. in a predictable way?

Thank you!

0 Upvotes
TiphaineCuisset
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi @CJCART 

Thank you for reaching out! 

Is your team using the VSTO Outlook desktop add-in or the 365 add-in

According to the version they're using, I'd recommend following the troubleshooting steps detailed in these articles 
Troubleshoot the HubSpot Sales Outlook desktop add-in

Troubleshoot the HubSpot Sales Office 365 add-in

Hope that helps.
Have a lovely day,
Tiphaine.

Saviez vous que la Communauté est disponible en français?
Rejoignez les discussions francophones en changeant votre langue dans les paramètres !

CJCART
Participant

Apologies, I misspoke - we are using the Outlook Desktop Add-in. 

0 Upvotes
CJCART
Participant

We are using the Office 365 add-in. 

The troubleshooting article did not answer my question. My question is more about what is normal behavior vs what is a malfunction that needs troubleshooting. We are not having trouble logging in, nor is the add-in malfunctioning once logged in. Simply, why does the app not stay logged in? And is this a malfunction or is this normal, expected behavior that we need to adjust to? Is it normal have to check regularly to make sure you are logged into the add-in? Do other users find that this disrupts their workflow? Does the log out happen after any particular events, like an outlook update, computer restart, closing of the app, etc. in a predictable way?

Thank you!

0 Upvotes
TiphaineCuisset
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi @CJCART 

Thank you for your reply, and apologies if that was not clear. You should not get logged out continuously, and for that reason, I'd invite your colleagues experiencing this following the steps from the Outlook VSTO Desktop article, and more particularly the Login or loading issues as this could be related to their Internet Explorer settings. 

If this still does not work, would you mind giving specific examples as well as screenshots of where exactly this is happening and the exact steps leading to this? The more information, screenshots, and details you can provide the better we can assist!

Best, 

Tiphaine

Saviez vous que la Communauté est disponible en français?
Rejoignez les discussions francophones en changeant votre langue dans les paramètres !