Outlook Sales Extension

MrHommel22

Using two different emails (one outlook, one gmail) under one Hubspot account. Outlook not tracking

Hello! 

I'm running two businesses, I have an outlook email, and a gmail. Both are hooked up/integrated to my hubspot in my "integrations settings" in my profile. I also have the Chrome extension, and primarily utilize outlook in web browser (Chrome), though sometimes I use the actual outlook program. However, whenever I send an email from my gmail, everything is great, my emails, opens, etc. are all tracked. However, when I send an email in my outlook, it's not doing this. 

I always make sure to click the checkbox in outlook both in the browser, and on the outlook program (whichever I am using) to tell hubspot to track the email. But when I go into my "sent emails" through outlook, and pull up the hubspot extension it tells me that the email is not tracked, though I can clearly see in the sent adress that their is still the hubspot tracker image BCC'd on that email. 

I'm not sure, if there is something I should be doing differently, or if I should just set up an additional hubspot account with my Outlook email to fix this. I am currently using the Hubspot Free platform 

0 Upvotes
5 Replies 5
natsumimori
Community Manager
Community Manager

Using two different emails (one outlook, one gmail) under one Hubspot account. Outlook not tracking

Hi @MrHommel22 ,

Thank you for posting your query in the Community.

Would you mind providing us some more information so that we can dig in further?

1. Could you confirm if you're using the HubSpot Sales Outlook desktop add-in?
  2. The add-in doesn't track every emails you send or does it occasionaly track?
  3. Could you share a screenshot of the error message "the email is not tracked"?

Thank you!

0 Upvotes
MrHommel22

Hi! 
Here is a screen shot of what is going onScreen Shot 2020-07-09 at 12.48.10 PM.png

As you can see in the BCC location it is showing that the hubspot tracker is on there and was sent with the email... however on the side icon, it shows "This email is not tracked".. and is not showing up in my activity feed or contact records in hubspot. 

For clarity, this is the WEB version for outlook, (meaning I am logging into outlook email through google chrome not the actual Outlook windows extension) I believe this is the office 365 integration. However I am having this difficulty using the desktop application as well. 

For reference, I am using a Macbook Pro laptop for this. 

Best,
0 Upvotes
natsumimori
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi @MrHommel22,

Thank you the information, seems like you're using Office 365 add-in and it's not tracking and logging your emails. I looked at some resouces and noticed that you will need to customize some of the settings when you are using Office 365 add-in.

1. See "Customize your log and track preference" in this article(Customize your HubSpot Sales Office 365 add-in settings) and enable both settings to track + log every email you send.

2. See "Pin the task pane open" in the same article and make sure to open the task pane to be open at the time of send.

Could you try these and test?

0 Upvotes
MrHommel22

Hi, yes I was doing those previously.

As it appears on my end, the address that I am sending an email to has to already be added as a contact record before sending out the email. If I click in the sidebar/task pane to add the contact, usually that solves as I've noticed recently. (I'm not sure if this is something Hubspot has noticed before, or if it is a well known thing). 

0 Upvotes
natsumimori
Community Manager
Community Manager

When sending emails to someone who doesn't exist in your contact records, you will need to create one at the time you send out the emails as you mentioned. If the logging option is enalbed at this moment and the HubSpot Sales sidebar pane is open in the inbox, the add-in will automatically create a contact record and log email in there.

This is another article around Office 365 add-in for your reference!