Outlook Sales Extension

CMacDonald

Using Outlook for Mac with HubSpot

Hello,

I'm using Outlook for Mac but my email is G Suite or Google Work space but using Outlook as the email client. I was wondering how I get all the integrations in outlook with Hubspot?

12 Replies 12
dpriddysr
Participant

@hubspot I am experiencing the exact same issue. Further compounding the problem is no way to install the Outlook .exe plugin with Apple silicone. Please provide a solution for Outlook Mac using GSuite hosted gmail account. If a user selects the Office365 login/connect option, HubSpot creates an alias email account that does not sync. So, major solutions needed please. Thank you!

CMacDonald

Is there a workaround or something that will be coming out to make it compatible?

Thanks,

Cole

0 Upvotes
MiaSrebrnjak
Community Manager
Community Manager

The workaround woud be to manually log emails in your CRM with the help of HubSpot FWD or BCC address, as described in this article. Another option is to use a 3rd party integration like Threads to automatically log emails. If you would, however, like to use the email tracking feature as well, I recommend sending emails directly from your CRM. 

While our product team currently isn't actively working on a Sales add-in solution for Outlook for Mac users whose email isn't hosted with Office 365, you can follow the post in the HubSpot Community Ideas forum for updates on the status of the product idea. 

Thank you!

Mia, Community Team 

Wusstest du, dass es auch eine DACH-Community gibt?
Nimm an regionalen Unterhaltungen teil, indem du deine Spracheinstellungen änderst

Did you know that the Community is available in other languages?
Join regional conversations by
changing your language settings

CMacDonald

When will it have that functionality?

MiaSrebrnjak
Community Manager
Community Manager

There's no timeline available yet, but if you interact with that Ideas post, you will get notified if there are any changes to the status of the idea. 

Cheers
Mia, Community Team

Nimm an regionalen Unterhaltungen teil, indem du deine Spracheinstellungen änderst

0 Upvotes
TSwainson

WOW. Imagine alienating your clients, well don Hubspot. Off to Salesforce it is then. 

CMacDonald

How do I do this above? 

0 Upvotes
MiaSrebrnjak
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi @CMacDonald,

the HubSpot Sales add-in is unfortunately not compatible with your current setup: Outlook for Mac, email hosted with Gmail: 

Screenshot 2021-09-22 at 18.11.18.png

You cannot use the HubSpot Sales Add-In, but you could use the HubSpot FWD or BCC address to manually log emails in your CRM, as described in this article.

Another option is to use a 3rd party integration like Threads to automatically log emails. 

I also found this post in the HubSpot Community Ideas forum where users are requesting a solution for Outlook for Mac users without Office 365. I would like to encourage you to participate in the idea thread by upvoting and commenting on the post to bring it to our Product team's attention. Doing so will also auto-notify you if/when this functionality becomes available within HubSpot. You can read more about how that review process works here

Cheers
Mia, Community Team

0 Upvotes
MiaSrebrnjak
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi @CMacDonald,

Thank you for reaching out to the Community! This article gives a great overview of the technical requirements for our HubSpot Sales add-in and Chrome extension.

Screenshot 2021-09-21 at 14.27.56.png

If you're using Outlook for Mac, the only available option is to use the HubSpot Sales Office 365 add-in, which can unfortunately only be installed on an Office 365 hosted email account. 

Could you maybe consider using the Chrome extension instead? 

If this is not an option, I recommend logging emails in your CRM with the help of the HubSpot BCC or the FWD address. 

Cheers
Mia, Community Team

DKF20
Participant

Has there been any update on this or is it even being prioritised. love using hubspot but not having the g suite email is becoming a problem. 

0 Upvotes
kvlschaefer
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi @DKF20,

Thank you for the feedback.

Currently there isn't a timeline available, I would encourage you to upvote this related feature request in the Ideas Forum and comment in the thread so you're automatically subscribed to any updates our product team makes to the idea. 

Thank you,
Kristen

Join regional conversations by changing your language settings !
CMacDonald

I have O365 personal and then I have my G suite email in Outlook so is there a workaround?

Much appreciated,

Cole