Unread / Non Opened E-Mail Filter?

I'm using your CRM, there anyway to filter contacts which have not yet opened or read any e-mails? I'd like to follow up with anyone that has not read any e-mails, but not sure if there's a way to filter only those people. 

Thanks!

6 Replies 6
HubSpot Employee

Hi @jeffp678,

Since you are using the CRM I am assuming you are referring to Sales emails sent via the contact record or from Gmail/Outlook using our HubSpot Sales plugin, is that correct?

If so, you can take advantage of the contact properties: 

Recent Sales Email Clicked Date

Recent Sales Email Opened Date

Recent Sales Email Replied Date

You can use these properties to create a filter in your CRM to find out which contacts were emailed, but did not engage with the email.

For example, you could use the following:

Recent Sales Email Opened Date is Unknown

AND

Last Contacted is Known

This filter should display all contacts who have ever been contacted but have not opened a Sales email.

This article lists out all of HubSpot's default contact properties, all of which you can use to segment contacts and create views in your CRM. In particular, at the bottom of the page you'll find all of our Sales specific properties with descriptions 

Rami 

Regular Contributor

You have to be careful. I did this filter and someone was on the list who've I've exchanged about 10 emails with and we are close to closing. Is this something their server could be filtering out? He has responded to my emails so I know he has opened my emails.

0 Upvotes
Community Manager

Hi @sberry11,

What filters did you use? Did the contact have values for the properties you were filtering on? 

The more screenshots, details and information . you can share, the better the Community can assist!

Thank you,
Jenny

Did my post help answer your query? Help the Community by marking it as a solution
0 Upvotes
Regular Contributor

Sure thing. I put the filters you say above to find people who haven't opened my emails:

Recent Sales Email Opened Date is Unknown

AND

Last Contacted is Known

I've attached two screenshots. You can see the filters and Erik on the list in one and at least an 8 email chain from within his contact. Am I missing something? When it comes to filtering by sales email contacts Hubspot seems to be a bit iffy? I hope it's me not understanding something and I can get it to work more consistently.

Screen Shot 2019-08-21 at 1.16.28 PM.png

Screen Shot 2019-08-21 at 1.17.05 PM.png

0 Upvotes
Community Manager

Hi @sberry11,

From what I can see the issue with the contact is that there is no recent sales email open date for that contact even though they opened the email.

Have you reached out to HubSpot technical support regarding this? I would recommend connecting with them regarding this matter.

Thank you,
Jenny

Did my post help answer your query? Help the Community by marking it as a solution
0 Upvotes
Regular Contributor

I haven't. Any sales email filter has always been like that for us so I figured it was something I didn't know about. I'll try.

0 Upvotes