Outlook Sales Extension

Nion

Trigger an automatic email when I update activity/notes on a company

SOLVE

Hi, all. Thank you for your help. I use Hubspot along with 3 other people on my team. We'd like it to send an automated email to the rest of us when one updates the activity log on a company - i.e. if I insert some notes on a company, I'd like the rest of my team to receive an email with those notes instead of having them log in and search the company for updates. Is that possible? Thank you!

0 Upvotes
1 Accepted solution
MFrankJohnson
Solution
Thought Leader

SOLVE

_hubspot-button-accept-as-solution-gif-v00.gif

Q: I use Hubspot along with 3 other people on my team. We'd like it to send an automated email to the rest of us when one updates the activity log on a company - i.e. if I insert some notes on a company, I'd like the rest of my team to receive an email with those notes instead of having them log in and search the company for updates. Is that possible? ?

Short A: Not in an 'automatic' way. But there's an easy workaround.

Longer A:

HubSpot notes will allow you to tag other HubSpot users using the '@' symbol. Just add the '@' symbol and start typing the user name for each team member you like to ping and HubSpot will notify them of your update (e.g., @Nion).

Haven't tried using HubSpot snippets to tag multiple people, but that may optimize your use case as well.

Can't wait to see what we can help you build on HubSpot today.

Best,
Frank

Remote  B2B Digital Marketing Manager

hubspot-solutions-signature-mfrankjohnson-v05.png

MFrankJohnson.com | Connect on LinkedIn

Find posts quickly ... accept this solution now.

Note: Please search for recent posts as HubSpot evolves to be the #1 CRM platform of choice world-wide.

Hope that helps.

Be well,
Frank

www.mfrankjohnson.com

View solution in original post

0 Upvotes
5 Replies 5
MFrankJohnson
Solution
Thought Leader

SOLVE

_hubspot-button-accept-as-solution-gif-v00.gif

Q: I use Hubspot along with 3 other people on my team. We'd like it to send an automated email to the rest of us when one updates the activity log on a company - i.e. if I insert some notes on a company, I'd like the rest of my team to receive an email with those notes instead of having them log in and search the company for updates. Is that possible? ?

Short A: Not in an 'automatic' way. But there's an easy workaround.

Longer A:

HubSpot notes will allow you to tag other HubSpot users using the '@' symbol. Just add the '@' symbol and start typing the user name for each team member you like to ping and HubSpot will notify them of your update (e.g., @Nion).

Haven't tried using HubSpot snippets to tag multiple people, but that may optimize your use case as well.

Can't wait to see what we can help you build on HubSpot today.

Best,
Frank

Remote  B2B Digital Marketing Manager

hubspot-solutions-signature-mfrankjohnson-v05.png

MFrankJohnson.com | Connect on LinkedIn

Find posts quickly ... accept this solution now.

Note: Please search for recent posts as HubSpot evolves to be the #1 CRM platform of choice world-wide.

Hope that helps.

Be well,
Frank

www.mfrankjohnson.com
0 Upvotes
opendorz
Contributor

SOLVE

My question is very similar, so I'm asking it here.  Can adding a Note on a Contact timeline by the Contact Owner be used as a Workflow trigger determinant?  If not, is there an alternate solution?  

0 Upvotes
Nion

SOLVE

Or could I have my activity log updates automatically tag my 3 teammates each they or I update a company? 

0 Upvotes
Nion

SOLVE

Hey, thanks so much! Is another possible solution to send an email from Outlook to my team about a company and have Hubspot automatically update the activity log for the company in question? The use case is that I'd like to update my team on a specific company but also for Hubspot to track the update that I send. 

0 Upvotes
MFrankJohnson
Thought Leader

SOLVE

>>Is another possible solution to send an email from Outlook to my team about a company and have Hubspot automatically update the activity log for the company in question? The use case is that I'd like to update my team on a specific company but also for Hubspot to track the update that I send. 

No. HubSpot doesn't work like that.

Remember, HubSpot is a contact-centric CRM.

The only way to have an email show in the HubSpot activity timeline for a specific company is to send that email to a contact associated with that company in HubSpot. HubSpot doesn't natively track email sent between users and which aren't also sent to new or existing HubSpot contacts.

>>Or could I have my activity log updates automatically tag my 3 teammates each they or I update a company? 

No. There is no 'automatic tagging' when editing notes in HubSpot contacts or companies.

Hope that helps.

Be well,
Frank

www.mfrankjohnson.com
0 Upvotes