Tried connecting imap account to Hubspot - failed to validate

New Contributor

I just created a Hubspot account so that I could track e-mail opens with Outlook.  I installed the appropriate extension, then went through the process of trying to connect my e-mail account to Hubspot.  As with many other users, that process was ubsuccessful (imap validation error).

I tried the various solutions suggested, but none worked.

I do have the Outllok extension installed, and that seems to be working.  But I don't think my e-mail account is connected (how would I know if it is?).

Craig

0 Upvotes
6 Replies 6
Highlighted
HubSpot Moderator

Hi @Craiger ,

Let's see what we can do here! To start, you can confirm whether or not your email is properly connected to HubSpot by navigating to:

Settings > Integrations > Email Integrations

Once there, you will see any/all of your connected inboxes listed. Feel free to take a look and let me know if you still need a hand getting up and running with the tool!

All the best,
Kevin Campbell
HubSpot Community Team

0 Upvotes
Highlighted
New Contributor

Thanks for the response, Kevin.

Where do I find, "Settings > Integrations > Email Integrations"?

Keep in mind that I do not use Hubspot CRM.

Craig

0 Upvotes
Highlighted
HubSpot Moderator

Hi @Craiger ,

These "Settings" will be within your HubSpot account, so you will need to log in to confirm that your inbox is properly connected. If you have any trouble accessing your account though please let me know!

Kevin Campbell
HubSpot Support

0 Upvotes
Highlighted
New Contributor

My inbox is not properly connected, Kevin.  That's why I submitted this.  The system won't let me connect.  It's giving me a "validation error."

I have no idea what it's trying to "validate", nor what I need to do so.

I

0 Upvotes
Highlighted
New Contributor

Here is the exact error message I'm getting:

IMAP authentication error

HubSpot cannot validate the connection with the corresponding IMAP server on the given port.

HTH
0 Upvotes
Highlighted
New Contributor

FYI I do have another inbox that ap  Apparently is enabled (G-mail) but it's not the one I prefer to connect (are "enabled" and "connected" the same thing?

Hubspot enabled inboxes.PNG

0 Upvotes