Templates says I am using old version of Internet Explorer and won't load

afitzgerald
Participant

I am trying to attache a template to a new email in Outlook. The popup loads at states "It looks like you're using Internet Explorer 7.0, which is no longer supported by HubSpot. Please install a freshly updated version of your browser. It's easy, and free." 

I am currently using Internet explorer 11 and run HubSpot on Firefox and send the emails from Outlook 2013. Not sure why it won't let me access my templates.

Please assist. Thank you. 

38 Replies 38
thedonsolo
Participant

I have the same problem on Outlook 2016. I have Chrome as Windows 10 preferred browser (http/https)

2017-08-18 11_37_50-.png

EcommSG
Participant

Same here.  Any updates to this?

cbart

Same issue.  Very frustrating.  Anxious to get this corrected if anyone has any answers.

kurtdh

I've been using sidekick for Outlook 2016 for months now with no issues.  But today, when I opened up Outlook and I clicked the "templates" button, it says I'm using Internet Explorer 7 and gives me a button that says gets the latest install, and this button just redirects me to the HubSpot help page.

I'm confused because A) I have Internet Explorer 11 and the latest versions of Chrome and Microsoft Edge, and B) I'm not sure why it's saying I need an updated browser since I'm using this plugin for Outlook.  Please see the error message below and tell me how I can get this working agian please.  Thanks.

hubspoterror.PNG

0 Upvotes
nicolebrenner
HubSpot Employee

Hi All, @cbart @afitzgerald @EcommSG @thedonsolo @kurtdh

Thanks for your patience here. I just wanted to provide and upate and let you all know that our team is working on the issue right now and as soon as I have any update about a resolution, I'll let you know here. 

Thank you all! 

0 Upvotes
thedonsolo
Participant

Is there any work around? 

0 Upvotes
cbart

I've just created a quickstep in Outlook with the details of my email template and it seems to work pretty well.  I can still use Sidekick to track my messages.  I just lose the ability to add fields in the message.

https://support.office.com/en-us/article/Automate-common-or-repetitive-tasks-with-Quick-Steps-a9caf5...

0 Upvotes
lhmpdx

Any update on this?

0 Upvotes
afitzgerald
Participant

Hi, @nicolebrenner

I was curious if there is any update on this since it has been almost 2 weeks and is crippling my productivity? Thank you!

0 Upvotes
nicolebrenner
HubSpot Employee

Hi @afitzgerald @lhmpdx @cbart @thedonsolo @kurtdh 

Thanks for your patience. This issue should be resolved now. If you continue to experience trouble, please upload a screenshot here. 

Thank you! 

Nicole 

0 Upvotes
PHellios

Hi,

I have just started to receive the same error.  I am using Outlook version 1707 and the latest version of Chrome.Hubspot error.PNG

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

0 Upvotes
nicolebrenner
HubSpot Employee

@PHellios can you upload a screenshot that verifies that you are running a current version of internet explorer? 

0 Upvotes
afitzgerald
Participant

@nicolebrenner

Hi,

Thanks for looking into this. I noticed that it started working yesterday afternoon and through most of today. At about 3:50pm today I started getting the error again and have restarted Outlook several times and it still isn't working. 

Thanks! 

0 Upvotes
nicolebrenner
HubSpot Employee

Hi @afitzgerald would you also be able to upload a current screenshot for me to pass along to the team? Thanks! 

0 Upvotes
afitzgerald
Participant

@nicolebrenner It started working for me again, but I have attached a screenshot of my IE version. Capture1.PNG

0 Upvotes
nicolebrenner
HubSpot Employee

Our developers pushed an update to resolve this issue on Friday (9/1) - If you're still seeing this error message please let me know. 

c.c. @afitzgerald @PHellios

0 Upvotes
BryanCoughlin
Participant

Still doesn't work...

0 Upvotes
kurtdh

Nicole,

It did fix the issue for me when you posted this 2 weeks ago.  However, as of today, I am seeing the same error.  It is saying it looks like I'm using Internet Explorer 7.0 which is no longer supported..

Please advise.  Thanks.

0 Upvotes
hughrheinsohn
Participant

This problem appeared today for me for the first time. 

I am not using any version of IE at all. I use Chrome with Hubspot.

Windows 10 64 bit Pro

Outlook 2016 32 bit

Chrome Version 61.0.3163.100 (Official Build) (64-bit)

Please advise. Very annoying and frustrating problem. Thanks.

0 Upvotes
nicolebrenner
HubSpot Employee

Hi @hughrheinsohn

In order to use Templates in Outlook, IE actually is running in the back, so you may not realize that it's being used. Can you confirm that you're using the most up to date version of that browser?

0 Upvotes
kurtdh

Nicole,

This is once again working for me.  I don't use IE, but I have IE 11 installed.  

0 Upvotes
hughrheinsohn
Participant

The problem cleared itself up over the weekend. (Or a better way to put it is something changed and now it's working OK.)

This is the installed version of IE:

screencap004.png

0 Upvotes
GoSmitty

Hi @nicolebrenner,

First time I've tried to use templates in a while, but I got it today, too. 

Google Chrome is up to date
Version 61.0.3163.100 (Official Build) (64-bit)
Snip-Edge.PNG

snip-FF.PNG

Really quite frustrating to see this has been going on for some time now, and has been "fixed" more than once. Worked fine before... And I have faith in you. Thanks for your help, Nicole!
0 Upvotes
nicolebrenner
HubSpot Employee

@GoSmitty can you confirm your version of IE? 

0 Upvotes
GoSmitty

@nicolebrenner

Snip-IE.PNG

Thanks!

0 Upvotes
GoSmitty

@nicolebrenner,

FYI, mine also appears to have fixed itself over the weekend. Whatever y'all did, let's hope it sticks this time. 🙂

0 Upvotes
JEHudgins

I have never been able to successfully use/integrate Sidekick to use in Outlook.  It's there on the tool bar, but if I try to track email, I am asked to sign on, and once I do, I get the following screeen.  HELP!!!Sidekick Problem.png

0 Upvotes
nicolebrenner
HubSpot Employee

Hi @JEHudgins thanks for your post. Our developers pushed update just a few hours ago that should resolve this issue. Can you please restart your outlook and try to connect again? Please let me know if the issue is not resolved. 

0 Upvotes
justinrutley

I am getting the same issue, this is brutal.  I am using Windows 10 with microsoft edge, and chrome. I noticed that the plugin was not saving my emails to the CRM anymore so I tryed logging out. When I tried to log back in I got this error. I have tryed disabling edge and still not getting anything. Please fix this 

0 Upvotes