Outlook Sales Extension

NOliver

Stop auto creation of contacts for every email in Outlook

Hello all,

Our company recently purchased HubSpot with the hopes of managing our important conversations within Outlook. We thought Hubspot was the solution. However, now that we've connected Outlook to Hubspot, every single email that comes in Outlook creates a contact in HubSpot. I've tried to "disconnect it" to no avail.  I assumed that you could manually select a particular email conversation within Outlook and have HubSpot create a contact for that conversation. Is it ALL OR NOTHING? 

I reached out to our sales rep and was told to file a Support Ticket. Hoping somebody can give me a little guidance. 

5 Replies 5
NOliver

Hi Karsten, 

Every email that comes in 😞 New ones too. 

0 Upvotes
karstenkoehler
Hall of Famer | Partner
Hall of Famer | Partner

Hi @NOliver,

When you're sending an email from Outlook, you can check or uncheck the Log to CRM checkbox:

karstenkoehler_1-1629137006612.png

Any email that you're logging to the CRM will also create a contact – but by checking or unchecking the box you can be selective. It's not all or nothing.

Hope this helps!

Karsten Köhler
HubSpot Freelancer | RevOps & CRM Consultant | Community Hall of Famer

Beratungstermin mit Karsten vereinbaren

Did my post help answer your query? Help the community by marking it as a solution.

0 Upvotes
NOliver

Thank you for this. I remember seeing this and unchecked it to try and get the auto add to stop. Unfortunately, this did not stop it. I've since uninstalled the plug in and it is still creating a contact for every single email coming into our outlook. 

0 Upvotes
karstenkoehler
Hall of Famer | Partner
Hall of Famer | Partner

Hi @NOliver,

Is this happening for new emails or for email thread started earlier only? Once HubSpot has added the tracking pixel to the email, it will stay in the thread.

Best regards!

Karsten Köhler
HubSpot Freelancer | RevOps & CRM Consultant | Community Hall of Famer

Beratungstermin mit Karsten vereinbaren

Did my post help answer your query? Help the community by marking it as a solution.

NOliver

I discovered a setting somwhere. Sorry for not remembering, but it's solved .

0 Upvotes