Outlook Sales Extension

LNeilssen
Miembro

Still getting notified/tracked for "self-opens after trying anything I found in knowledge center

I have been using HubSpot for about 6 months now and this issue randomly came about for me a couple days ago. 

I'm using the sales add-in for Outlook on an up-to-date PC with Windows Edge as my browser. I noticed that I had both the Outlook and 365 add-ins which is advised against though it was causing me no issue until now anyway. I have since:

- Cleared my cookies/data

- Uninstalled everything and redownloaded only the Sales add-in for Outlook

- Turned on/off tracking/logging

I have tried doing these in a variety of orders. Do you think the fact that I at one point had both add-ins is somehow still affecting me even though it is no longer the case?

0 Me gusta
8 Respuestas 8
LloydGP
Miembro

Still getting notified/tracked for "self-opens after trying anything I found in knowledge center

Hi,
           I have been using Hubspot and Outlook Desktop Add-in  for 6 months - and its been working beautifully until today.  Since this morning every email I send, I get notified when I look at the email.  So I am having this same  Self Opening problem as the person as Lnielsson. 

One month ago, I upgraded to Windows 11 and Microsoft Edge.  I also use Chrome.  But as I said the Self Opening only started today.

I have tried  everything documented in the Forum as the Fix to this problem, but this is still happening. 

Is there a workaround to this problem?

Thanks
Lloyd

0 Me gusta
PamCotton
Administrador de la comunidad

Hello, @LloydGP I wanted to share this knowledge base here with more details on how to prevent self-opening. Please let us know if this works on your end.

Kindly,

Pam

Você sabia que a Comunidade está disponível em outros idiomas?
Participe de conversas regionais, alterando suas configurações de idioma !

Did you know that the Community is available in other languages?
Join regional conversations by changing your language settings !

LloydGP
Miembro

Hi, none of these instructions work. My laptop was already configured the way it is described in the Help pages. As I mentioned this happened all of a sudden 10 days ago. Everything was fine until around 8 November, when Self Opening started to happen.

Any other suggestions? I really need to fix this, as it is screwing up our email campaign records.

Thanks,

Lloyd
0 Me gusta
PamCotton

Hello @LNeilssen Thank you for reaching out and for your patience while the team looked into this. In recent months, email providers and security systems have gotten stricter with security checks to ensure inboxes stay safe. When email providers scan incoming emails for any malicious content, they often load the HubSpot tracking pixel, which can trigger an email open notification (see more about how tracking works here). For you, that means that a routine check from an email provider can appear as an instant open notification.
Our Product Team is always working to improve email tracking functionality so that you get a few notifications as possible from automated inbox checks and as many notifications as possible from real email engagements by your customers.

Thank you,

Pam

0 Me gusta
LNeilssen
Miembro

I did read into that a little -- thanks for the additional info.

I will add, I was barely (if ever) having this problem and then all the sudden it became an issue with every email I sent regardless of who the recipient was. This leads me to believe the issue is on HubSpot's end, though I of course do not have enough knowledge to confirm.

I look forward to hearing back.

LNeilssen
Miembro

Thanks for the response, Pam!

I use the Outlook desktop app, though it is through my company's 365 enterprise suite. I am currently solely using the Outlook desktop add-in. Do I need to be using the 365 add-in instead given my Microsoft suite setup? Everything about the regular Outlook desktop add-in that I am currently using works perfectly fine EXCEPT the self-opening notification issue.

Bottomline, I am simply trying to stop the self-open notifying from occuring and I have already tried everything I have found on the community pages. Therefore, I'm looking for new workarounds and am curious if any other users are exeperiencing this issue.

0 Me gusta
PamCotton

Hello @LNeilssen looks like are currently investigating this unexpected behavior, could you please send me via DM the following information :

• Link to CRM record from the example email (e.g. contact record)
  • Datetime of the specific email.

Thank you,

Pam

0 Me gusta
PamCotton

Hello @LNeilssen, I would like to share this knowledge base here with more information :

• The HubSpot Sales Office 365 add-in can only be installed on an Office 365 hosted email account (Office 365 Business Premium, Office 365 Business Essentials, or Office 365 Personal). If your inbox is hosted with a different email provider, you cannot install the Office 365 add-in. If you don't have an Office 365 account but use Outlook for Desktop on Windows, install the HubSpot Sales Outlook desktop add-in instead.
  • Do not install both the HubSpot Sales Office 365 add-in and the HubSpot Sales Outlook desktop add-in on the same device. These add-ins will conflict.

Even if you had no issues in the past, having both add's will conflict.
    Currently, I was not able to find a workaround for this matter. You will need to choose one of the accounts you would like to use.

I would highly recommend you to please post this idea at our ideas forum (here).

Our product team, who monitors the forum regularly, can read your specific use case and understand why this would be a useful functionality or change. It also helps other customers facing the same issue to advocate for its implementation on your behalf by upvoting on the thread as well.

Thank you,

Pam

0 Me gusta