La communauté HubSpot est disponible en français.

Sidekick.dll.manifest - did not succeed - Error

Résolue
Nouveau contributeur

Unable to install, I keep getting this error.

The first error says : An error occurred trying to download 'https://dl.getsidekick.com/outlook/vsto/Sidekick.vsto'

So I download it and run it then I get the error : Sidekick.dll.manifest - did not succeed

I have added all the url's to the trusted sites etc, but still not luck.

I have managed to get it working on my laptop that runs windows 7, but not the one running windows 10

Thaks

Répondre
0 Vote / Votes
Solution acceptée / Solutions acceptées

Solutions approuvées
Highlighted
Gestionnaire de communauté

Hi @willowandtea,

Can you please try following the steps outlined here (under Enable the ClickOne trust prompt) to manually edit the registry.

Thank you,

Jenny

Did my post help answer your query? Help the Community by marking it as a solution
26 RÉPONSES 26
Highlighted

Hey @willowandtea 

Could you please share a full screenshot with the error you are getting? The more screenshots, details, and information you can provide, the better the Community can assist.

Thank you

Sharon 

Répondre
0 Vote / Votes
Highlighted
Nouveau contributeur

Hi Sharon,

Thank you for your reply. I've added the images in installation sequence as well as error logs.

I hope this helps. Thanks

Rob

Click on installationClick on installationInstallation in progressInstallation in progressFirst errorFirst errorLook at error logLook at error logInternet Explorer has the sites in trusted sitesInternet Explorer has the sites in trusted sitesClick on sidekick (already downloaded) to installClick on sidekick (already downloaded) to installError aError aError bError bError log of sidekickError log of sidekick

Répondre
0 Vote / Votes
Highlighted

Hey @willowandtea 

Thank you for all the information provided. 

Could you please try these troubleshooting steps in order to fix the install error?

Please let me know if this helps

Best,

Sharon

Répondre
0 Vote / Votes
Highlighted
Nouveau contributeur

Hi Sharon,

I tried all of them, they didn't work.

Thanks

RB

Répondre
0 Vote / Votes
Highlighted
Nouveau membre

I am having this same issue.  Brand new install of windows

Répondre
0 Vote / Votes
Highlighted

Hi @willowandtea and @NHiggs,

Can you please try following the steps at the bottom of this article that reference your registry? 

Thank you,

Jenny

Did my post help answer your query? Help the Community by marking it as a solution
Répondre
0 Vote / Votes
Highlighted
Nouveau contributeur

Hi THanks for this,

I did try this solution and it saved it to the registry as 00000000 but it threw up this exception.

System.Security.SecurityException: Customized functionality in this application will not work because the certificate used to sign the deployment manifest for HubSpot Sales for Outlook or its location is not trusted. Contact your administrator for further assistance.

So I'm a little stuck on this one I'm afraid. :-(

Rob

Répondre
0 Vote / Votes
Highlighted

Hi @willowandtea,

Can you please try following the steps outlined here (under Enable the ClickOne trust prompt) to manually edit the registry.

Thank you,

Jenny

Highlighted
Nouveau contributeur

This worked for me. Finally!

Highlighted
Nouveau contributeur

I have no idea how that visual studios thing works. It says open the Program.vb or Program.cs file for editing and add the following code.

What are Program.vb and Program.cs?????

Répondre
0 Vote / Votes
Highlighted

Hi @BEKWL,

If you can share more about what your roadblock is and what your end goal is, I am happy to help.

The more information, screenshots and details you can provide, the better the Community can assist! As Outlook issues can be different depending on your error and set up, the more information you can provide about your set up, the better the Community can assist!

Thank you,
Jenny

Répondre
0 Vote / Votes
Highlighted
Contributeur de premier rang

Still persistent issues.

Répondre
0 Vote / Votes
Highlighted

This is a huge ongoing issue which HubSpot needs to address once and for ALL! I have tried every troubleshooting step listed, and the issue is intermittent. Uninstalling and reinstalling works, but only until it stops. Re-enabling won't work multiple times, then randomly decides to. VERY buggy!

Highlighted
Contributeur occasionnel

Hi There,

The outlook sidekick tried to update today and then crashed. I have an error saying Unable to install this application because an application with the same identity is already installed.

I tried all the steps in troubleshooting articles and still not working. Please see screenshot.

I tried the command prompt but it does no action. Thanks for your help.

Screenshot 2020-01-23 10.06.06.pngScreenshot 2020-01-23 09.53.29.png

Répondre
0 Vote / Votes
Highlighted

Hey @canicet 

Thank you for the screenshot, it is really helpful Smiley heureux

I'd suggest following these steps: https://knowledge.hubspot.com/settings/sales-for-outlook-install-error-an-application-with-the-same-...

Please let me know if this worked.

Best

Sharon

Highlighted
Contributeur occasionnel

Hi Sharon,

I tried this and it still doesnt work. Thanks.Screenshot 2020-01-23 10.35.07.png

Répondre
0 Vote / Votes
Highlighted
Contributeur occasionnel

Hi Sharon. Do yup have an updare? Can you help? Thanks

Répondre
0 Vote / Votes
Highlighted
Contributeur occasionnel

It is still not working. All I received is a link from Sharon and no follow up. This is really poor as I reported the fault several days ago. The worst is that there is nobody to help, no support, no follow up. Very disappointing. I should be focusing on growing my business not debugging this Hubspot.

Highlighted

Hi @canicet 

Could you please send me the following information?

• Version of Outlook

• Version of Windows

• If possible, send the logs from Outlook (click on the HubSpot Sales icon >configure > click on “send report logs”). You can also access logs by navigating directly to C:\Users\%username%\AppData\Roaming\Sidekick\Logs

• If possible, current version of HubSpot Sales (check the “about” button on the Sidekick ribbon in Outlook)

Thank you

Sharon 

Répondre
0 Vote / Votes
Highlighted
Contributeur occasionnel

Hi Sharon,

Here is the info you have requested:

• Version of Outlook - Version outlook version.png

• Version of Windows windows version.png

•  
  • If possible, send the logs from Outlook (click on the HubSpot Sales icon >configure > click on “send report logs”). You can also access logs by navigating directly to C:\Users\%username%\AppData\Roaming\Sidekick\Logs

Name: HubSpot Sales for Outlook - HubSpot Sales for Outlook
From: https://dl.getsidekick.com/outlook/vsto/Sidekick.vsto

************** Exception Text **************
System.Runtime.InteropServices.COMException (0x800736B2): The application binding data format is invalid. (Exception from HRESULT: 0x800736B2)
at Microsoft.VisualStudio.Tools.Applications.Deployment.ClickOnceAddInDeploymentManager.DownloadAddIn(TimeSpan timeout)
at Microsoft.VisualStudio.Tools.Applications.Deployment.ClickOnceAddInDeploymentManager.InstallAddIn()

• If possible, the current version of HubSpot Sales (check the “about” button on the Sidekick ribbon in Outlook)

• No longer shwoing on the ribbon

+-----------------------------------------------------+
| HubSpot for Outlook Installer |
| Build: Fri 10/18/2019 14:53:59.83 |
Thursday, 23 January 2020 - 6:12:23 PM
INFO: Installed IE version: 11.973.17763.0
| HubSpot for Outlook Installer |
| Build: Fri 10/18/2019 14:53:59.83 |
Thursday, 23 January 2020 - 6:12:24 PM
INFO: Installed IE version: 11.973.17763.0
INFO: Initializing addin registry
INFO: Cleaning Office Wef Cache
INFO: CleanOnlineAppCache
ERROR: Failed to clear AppCache: System.Runtime.InteropServices.COMException (0x800736B2): The application binding data format is invalid. (Exception from HRESULT: 0x800736B2)
at System.Deployment.Internal.Isolation.IEnumSTORE_ASSEMBLY.Next(UInt32 celt, STORE_ASSEMBLY[] rgelt)
at System.Deployment.Internal.Isolation.StoreAssemblyEnumeration.MoveNext()
at System.Deployment.Application.ComponentStore.ScavengeContext.CollectOnlineApps(IDefinitionAppId[]& deployAppIdPtrs)
at System.Deployment.Application.ComponentStore.ScavengeContext.CleanOnlineAppCache()
at System.Deployment.Application.ComponentStore.CleanOnlineAppCache()
at System.Deployment.Application.SubscriptionStore.CleanOnlineAppCache()
at System.Deployment.Application.DeploymentServiceCom.CleanOnlineAppCacheInternal()
at System.Deployment.Application.DeploymentServiceCom.CleanOnlineAppCache()
at VstoInstaller.RepairUtils.SystemUtils.ClearAppCache()
INFO: Downloading VSTO Runtime
INFO: Looking for Vsto installation key: SOFTWARE\Microsoft\VSTO Runtime Setup\v4
INFO: Installing VSTO Runtime, mode: repair
INFO: User canceled installation of: VSTO Runtime
INFO: Removing installer for VSTO Runtime
INFO: Uninstalling existing Add-Ins
INFO: Sidekick for Outlook is not installed
INFO: HubSpot Sales for Outlook is not installed
INFO: Downloading HubSpot for Outlook
INFO: Installing HubSpot for Outlook, mode: default
INFO: Removing installer for HubSpot for Outlook
ERROR: VSTOInstall failed: -400 - [VSTOinstaller.exe] The solution could not be installed.
ERROR: Add-in repair/install failed: VstoInstaller.Models.VstoInstallerException: Unable to install HubSpot for Outlook
at VstoInstaller.RepairUtils.RuntimeRepair.<ReinstallHubSpotAddin>d__15.MoveNext()

Répondre
0 Vote / Votes
Highlighted

Hi @canicet,

Can you please confirm you have removed the 2.0 folder when following the steps outlined here

Thank you,
Jenny

Répondre
0 Vote / Votes
Highlighted

All of these trouble-shooting steps, requesting logs, etc are a waste of time. You all go through the same repeated steps with every person instead of committing resources to resolve the issue internally. I have exhausted so much time and effort doing everything you are reading in a knowledge base and asking community members to do.

Répondre
0 Vote / Votes
Highlighted
Contributeur occasionnel

Yes, this worked. Thanks. It is a pity that it took so long and so many interactions to resolve. You should consider giving one to one support where you remotely can see the screen of the user. 

Répondre
0 Vote / Votes
Highlighted

Best of luck. We can uninstall, reinstall, delete components...and get it working again every time. The issue for us is it repeatedly happens.

Répondre
0 Vote / Votes
Highlighted

Hi @krispag,

Every inbox and computer set up is unique. As such, we troubleshoot every email connection concern individually to ensure we are remedying the issue of the user at hand. We create proactive documentation to help with common questions, however when it comes to working through a user's specific issue, it takes time and information to ensure we are providing you with actionable next steps. Sharing information and screenshots ensures we have enough information to provide best next steps.

If your issue has not been resolved by following the steps provided for other users, then the roadblock you have encountered is likely a different roadblock. If you can please provide screenshots and details around what you are experiencing, what you have tried so far, and as much information as possible, we are on standby to assist.

Thank you,

Jenny

Répondre
0 Vote / Votes
Highlighted

All of my users disconnected this morning after I spent hours yesterday reconnecting.

Répondre
0 Vote / Votes