Outlook Sales Extension

JdeHarenne
Participant

Self-open notification with new extension

Hi there, 

We recently changed our email extension. 

Now, when I send an email from the desktop Outlook app (Windows), I get and instantaneous "self open" notification from the Hubspot plug-in. My understanding is that this is because I created my hubspot account with the former email address and do now have the new extension as default email address in outlook. 

- I tried uninstall & reinstall the plug-in but this didn't solve the problem. 

- both email addresses (the old and the new extension) are connected as emails to my account

My colleague has the same issue, and it appeared at the same time (since last week, about when we changed our email extension)

Any idea on how to solve this? 

0 Upvotes
8 Replies 8
apitron

$24B company and no solution to self-open notification issue in Outlook. Went through all the literature regarding this issue in this community, tried everything and there is no fix for this issue. Lost hope, dropped the plan to go for paid subscription.

0 Upvotes
JdeHarenne
Participant

Hi Pam,

Thanks for looking into this. 

The strange this is that this happens to every single email. Since the moment I changed my extension and coupled a second email address to my account.

I get a notification for each email I open in my own mailbox.  

One very concrete example: if I go through my sent emails folder, I get a notification every time I open one of the emails. > My understanding is that Hubspot wrongly identifies me with my beneficiaries, due to my new email extension. 

Will you look into that? 

0 Upvotes
PamCotton
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hello @JLal@JdeHarenneThank you for reaching out and for your patience while the team looked into this. In recent months, email providers and security systems have gotten stricter with security checks to ensure inboxes stay safe. When email providers scan incoming emails for any malicious content, they often load the HubSpot tracking pixel, which can trigger an email open notification (see more about how tracking works here). For you, that means that a routine check from an email provider can appear as an instant open notification.

Our Product Team is always working to improve email tracking functionality so that you get a few notifications as possible from automated inbox checks and as many notifications as possible from real email engagements by your customers.

Thank you,

Pam

Você sabia que a Comunidade está disponível em outros idiomas?
Participe de conversas regionais, alterando suas configurações de idioma !

Did you know that the Community is available in other languages?
Join regional conversations by changing your language settings !

0 Upvotes
JLal

Hi Pam,  Thanks for following up on my mail. Unfortunately, this notification I believe is also adding up to the counter for the "number of notifications". So if I send out 10 emails daily, it will clock 10 times because of "self-open"? And this includes FW mails to my colleagues, even if I remove the track, cause the original email had the "HubSpot track" image embedded?  this is what I understand from reading the knowledgebase - email open & click tracking. This is a bit disappointing if it's true.  

0 Upvotes
JdeHarenne
Participant

Hi Pam, 

Thanks for your message. I had already tried the instructions provided in this knowledge base (uninstalled & reinstalled the latest extension, changed the Internet Explorer settings, etc.) with no success. Your help will be much appreciated.

Thanks,

JB

0 Upvotes
PamCotton
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hello @JdeHarenne, it looks like are currently investigating this unexpected behavior, could you please send me via DM the following information :

• Link to CRM record from the example email (e.g. contact record)
  • Datetime of the specific email.

Thank you,

Pam

0 Upvotes
JLal

I have the same issue. followed your instructions all the way. but the self-open remains. What is the issue ?

0 Upvotes
PamCotton
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hello @JdeHarenne, thank you for the information provided. This knowledge base here contains more information on how to block self-open email notifications with the HubSpot Sales Outlook desktop add-in or Chrome extension. Could you 

Kindly,

Pam

0 Upvotes