Outlook Sales Extension

sam_calder
Participant

Retrospectively logging Outlook emails / calendar events to CRM records

SOLVE

Is there a way of creating a log of an incoming email or calendar event without bcc’ing the unique HubSpot reference email? I have the HubSpot Sales Tools plug in for Outlook 365 but can't seem to find an obvious way of doing this retrospectively.

Any help much appreciated - Thanks!

0 Upvotes
1 Accepted solution
AdamLPW
Solution
Key Advisor

SOLVE

Hi @sam_calder,

No worries. 

I would only use this option for retrospectively logging emails, rather than calendar events.  If you've got your calendar synch set up correctly your events should be added automatically wherever you create them - yesterday I set up an appointment directly from my Office365 calendar online and not only did it appear in HubSpot but it also unsubscribed the contact I was speaking with from the sequence they were enrolled in as it recognised they'd booked a meeting.  

If you're retrospectively logging a meeting I'd use the manual option (+ Log > Log a meeting...) - as you say, you don't want forward notifications sent to customers or prospects!

Did my post help answer your query? Help the Community by marking it as a solution
"The rest of my advice has no basis more reliable than my own meandering experience. I will dispense this experience... now!"

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4
ThreadsHelp2018
Top Contributor

SOLVE

Our one-off migration service can automatially log your historic emails from Outlook into HubSpot. You can find us on the HubSpot App Marketplace

0 Upvotes
AdamLPW
Key Advisor

SOLVE

Hi @sam_calder,

You can forward the email to your HubSpot forward email address, which will be [yourhubnumber]@forward.hubspot.com.  See this knowledgebase article for more detail.  

Alternatively, you can manually log the email in your customer/company/deal's stream.

Did my post help answer your query? Help the Community by marking it as a solution
"The rest of my advice has no basis more reliable than my own meandering experience. I will dispense this experience... now!"
0 Upvotes
sam_calder
Participant

SOLVE

@AdamLPW  - Thanks for the reply, much appreciated!

I assume this works in the same way for Outlook Calendar invites? Although, in doing so I expect the sender may also receive a forward notification which is not ideal... 

0 Upvotes
AdamLPW
Solution
Key Advisor

SOLVE

Hi @sam_calder,

No worries. 

I would only use this option for retrospectively logging emails, rather than calendar events.  If you've got your calendar synch set up correctly your events should be added automatically wherever you create them - yesterday I set up an appointment directly from my Office365 calendar online and not only did it appear in HubSpot but it also unsubscribed the contact I was speaking with from the sequence they were enrolled in as it recognised they'd booked a meeting.  

If you're retrospectively logging a meeting I'd use the manual option (+ Log > Log a meeting...) - as you say, you don't want forward notifications sent to customers or prospects!