Removing personal email content from HubSpot

LuPhillips

I have already managed email integrations so this should have been handled.  Still I somehow have personal email activity showing up in my sales email activity feed.  I cannot delete it from within the record either.  How can I purge data specific to an email address that was inadvertently tracked/logged?

6 Replies 6
jennysowyrda
Community Manager

Hi @LuPhillips,

Are you sending emails from Outlook or Gmail? If you would like to disconnect your email activity from HubSpot, you will want to ensure you are not using the extension tools in your inbox.

If you are still stuck after that, can you please send along screenshots of what you are seeing in the activity feed, and screenshots of the emails that are being pulled in? 

Thank you,

Jenny 

0 Upvotes
Catalletto
Participant

I have the same problem. HubSpot is pulling emails from my personal email (and my other side business email) into the CRM I set up soley for my primary work email/ team. I use gmail / Gsuite. I also use the chome extension. Is there a way I can use the extension on just one email account?

jennysowyrda
Community Manager

Hi @Catalletto,

For more information on what emails will log, I wanted to share this resource.

If you are sending the emails through gmail and choosing to log them, then they will be associated with your HubSpot account. I would recommend ensuring you are not logging emails that you do not want logged to HubSpot.

If you are still stuck after following these steps, please let me know.

Thank you,
Jenny

Catalletto
Participant

Thank you.

KJamesA

In team activities by date, I have a personal email I would like removed. I've got the settings changed so that it no longer occurs, but there's a logged email with information in it that I would like to remove. How do you delete a logged email? I delete the Contact and the Associated company, but the email remains in the activity log. I'd like to delete entries in the activity log. Is that possible?

0 Upvotes
KJamesA

Ok, I figured it out. I restored the company that was inadvertantely imported due to my settings. I went to the activity of the individual company, found the activity log and deleted it then deleted the company.  🙂  Consider it resolved.

0 Upvotes