Outlook Sales Extension

VCheung
Contributor

Re: emails logging to contact but not company

Hi Mia,

We are having a similar issue. Our configuration already has company association added to any emails for tracking and this does work as intended.

The problem that I have picked up is that if a company is created from an email which has been sent, the initial email does not get logged in company but only in the contact record.

This has caused a little issue amognst our sales department

0 Upvotes
1 Reply 1
MiaSrebrnjak
Community Manager
Community Manager

Re: emails logging to contact but not company

Hi @VCheung,

thank you for reaching out! 

There are a couple of things that we can check: 

• Could you please confirm that you're using the newest version of the Outlook add-in? Please note that there is also an Office365 add-in available, you can check the technical requirements listed in this article to see if the add-in that you are using is, in fact, the best option for your setup. Only one of the 2 add-in should be installed; if both add-ins are installed, they will conflict and cause issues for your sales tools.
  • You mentioned that you've added the company association to your configuration - do you mean the association defaults in your Outlook add-in settings? The "Log" option needs to be activated both in the association defaults and in the banner of the email editor (before you send an email). 

Screenshot 2022-04-11 at 14.33.07.png

• Logging emails requires a connected inbox in HubSpot, please ensure that the inbox you're sending the emails from is connected in your settings in HubSpot: Settings > General > Email. 
  • If everything is set up correctly, the expected behaviour is that the email will log both on the contact and the associated company's record, even if the contact and the company didn't exist in HubSpot prior to sending the email. Please check that the automated creation and association of contacts & companies is activated in HubSpot: 

Screenshot 2022-04-11 at 14.58.55.png

If you still encounter issues after checking what I mentioned above, I'll need some additional information to be able to investigate this further: 

Please send the requested information in a direct message via my Community profile. Thank you!

Cheers
Mia, Community Team

Wusstest du, dass es auch eine DACH-Community gibt?
Nimm an regionalen Unterhaltungen teil, indem du deine Spracheinstellungen änderst

Did you know that the Community is available in other languages?
Join regional conversations by
changing your language settings