Outlook Sales Extension

Tenex

Problems with outlook and Chrome extensions

Hi Folks,

I have had a few issues with the outlook and Chrome extension, mainly for the past few months, as I didnt have the same issues previously.

Basically the outlook issue is that for certain email addresses of certain domains, in particilar if I hit reply rather than producing a new email and putting in the exact same email address, the email tracker says "Tracking turned off, Unable to add tracking to your email. This is most likely due to a conflict with another add-in or security software".

Its important to note this issue is new because it wasnt happening previously for the exact same email domains and it also usually happens when I hit reply although it can also happen if it is a brand new email as well. The only thing changed since when the problem started is outlook and Chrome have had newer versions which I have updated to them regularly.

Roughly a month ago I contacted Hubspot support via their chat function and it was suggested to delete and download / reinstall the Hubspot sales again both on my Outlook 365 desktop app as well as on our office 365 / outlook cloud exchange which I did. It temporarily fixed the issue but almost a days or so later the same issue happened again.

The other issue is that my Chrome extension which sends notifications when someone opens my email constantly signs off on its own and I have to sign back in daily or few times per day. It appears to be quite unstable.

I use Outlook 365 business version both on desktop app and cloud exchange, I use windows 10 and I use free version of sales hubspot. The only other third party add on application that I use with outlook is Jobadder which is an application tracking system.

My personal thoughts are that Hubspot free version is generally unstable and not very compatible with newer versions of outlook / Chrome as I have already tried reinstallation process as well as updating of both outlook and Chrome to no avail. I have also reinstalled Hubspot both on the desktop application and cloud.

Would you have any thoughts on what may be causing this problem and how to fix it?

0 Upvotes
2 Replies 2
PamCotton
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hello @Tenex,

The way HubSpot tracks emails is that we embed a one-pixel image and when the recipient loads the email and this picture loads we are able to track that email.

Sometimes there are things that disable this tracking on our end:

• The recipient formats their email in plain text.
  • The recipient's email client doesn't automatically download images.
  • The recipient's corporate filter strips away all images for incoming emails.

This could be a possible reason as to why the emails are not tracking properly when sent.

Just to confirm, when sending out an email are you selecting the two checkboxes to log and track in HubSpot, or just using our BCC log emails? 

If you notice any plug-ins doing this behavior can you please uninstall one of the Outlook VSTO plugins and keep the Office 365 add-in. And ensure you only have one extension installed as any conflicting add-in may be blocking this function to work.

For your Gmail sign you in and out, do you have any current extensions in your chrome? If so could you please turn off any extensions installed and check if this behavior continues, does it appears an error message when you are logged on and off?

The more information, screenshots, and details you can provide, the better I can advise on the next steps.

Thank you,

Pam

Você sabia que a Comunidade está disponível em outros idiomas?
Participe de conversas regionais, alterando suas configurações de idioma !

Did you know that the Community is available in other languages?
Join regional conversations by changing your language settings !

0 Upvotes
Tenex

Hi Pam,

The only extension that we use and I am aware of is jobadder which we were using previously as well without any problem or conflict with hubspot

When I send an email I usually click track emails open and not log this email to hubspot but I dont think that usually makes a difference anyway.

The very strange thing is if I try to send a new email, rather than hitting reply, to the exact same email address the problem doesnt happen.

On Chrome I also only have jobadder which is an application tracking system installed but the same set up existed before without having any issues what so ever.

I am wondering if this is a system glitch as it doesnt make sense if it usually happens during reply only to certain email domains and not if I was sending a new email to that same email address. It has also only been recently as I didnt have the problem before.

I would appreciate your help and I wonder if other people have had the same issue previously?