Outlook Sales Extension

KMBIT

Plugin was working in outlook desktop - but not any more

When I attempted to send out an email and track with Hubspot.  it prompted that it needed "One More Step"  and I needed to link my O365 account.  I clicked on Connect Inbox and  I got the security approval, followed by the Modern Authentication to log into O365 followed by my 2FA smart phone prompt, then finally it requested I log into Hubspot.   Which I did,   and once my credentails were entered and the "Login Button" Clicked the same form reappered to be filled in. 

I have tried the same from the web based Outlook as well with the same results. 

0 Upvotes
7 Replies 7
KMBIT

Tiphaine, 

I confirmed that I was not blocking 3rd party cookies, it was set for incognito mode - but I set it to allow all cookies before I performed the steps for outlook web access.  

the results are the same with a web browser as it is with the desktop application.   in both cases it goes into the same loop.  my hub id is 9321009

0 Upvotes
MRice56

DISREGARD:  I came across the issue and that the Mac version of the sales extension for outlok isn't officially supported.

I'm sort of running into the same issue.  I have connected Hubspot sales to the Outlook application on my mac, but "track email opens" is greyed out.  I just installed it this weekend.

Screen Shot 2022-06-06 at 12.02.07 PM.png

0 Upvotes
TiphaineCuisset
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi @KMBIT 

Thank you for reaching out

Are you using the Outlook desktop add in our O365 add-in

Could you try following these steps according to the add-in you have: 

If you're using the desktop add-in: 

- updating the add-in and updating outlook

- uninstalling and reinstalling the add-in

If you're using 0365:

- Stuck in an inbox connection loop steps

- Stuck in a login loop steps 

Hope that helps,

Thank you!

Best

Tiphainr

Saviez vous que la Communauté est disponible en français?
Rejoignez les discussions francophones en changeant votre langue dans les paramètres !

Did you know that the Community is available in other languages?
Join regional conversations by changing your language settings !

KMBIT

Thank you for your suggestion,  for clarification I am using the Outlook desktop application with the sales tools add-in. 

I have previously performed the following steps:

uninstalled and reinstalled the plugin

cleared all data for the all sites in the hubspot.com domain  

cleared all of my cookies and data for all sites 

verified that my "click to run" outlook is runnign the latest avalable on current channel 

(Microsoft® Outlook® for Microsoft 365 MSO (Version 2205 Build 16.0.15225.20172) 64-bit)

my hubspot Sales Tools version shows 3.2

and to be sure I am clear -  the autentication process first askes for my O365 credentials and then it asks for my hubspot credentials ( this is what loops )  and just to check to make sure it was going back to hubspot and verifying the credentials one of the loops I entered the wrong password for my hubspot account and it did flag that the passwor was wrong - but then when I entered the correct password - it just reopened the same form again.  so it looks to me that hubspot is not doing someting correctly after validating the login credentials and the plugin is asking over and over.  

0 Upvotes
TiphaineCuisset
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi @KMBIT 

Thank you for your reply 

Can you send us a screenshot of your whole outlook ? It'll help to see the environment. 

If you could send me a video as well (loom.com for example is super easy to use) with the behaviour via DM it'll help too

Thank you!

Best

Tiphaine

Rejoignez les discussions francophones en changeant votre langue dans les paramètres !

KMBIT

here is the screen shot - of Outlook.   and I did DM you the video link to you.  

Screenshot 2022-06-08 095608.jpg

0 Upvotes
TiphaineCuisset
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi @KMBIT 

Thank you for the video and this screenshot!

Looking at these I can confirm you're using the O365 add-in (it can be used with outlook desktop) - so that helps me to troubleshoot further with you. 

Thank you for detailing the steps you've already followed. There is one thing more I want us to try.

Can you try again with Outlook on the Web but having made sure first you are not blocking third-party cookies? You can follow the steps according to the browser you're using: 

If this is still not working after that, I'll send you additionnal step via DM so I can then bring that to the team so it can be investigated

Can you also confirm your HubID?

Thank you for your cooperation!

Best

Tiphaine

0 Upvotes