Outlook Sales Extension

steveni1
Teilnehmer/-in

Outlook very slow when logged in with Outlook sales addin

Hi, I noticed this really started to slow down recently to now where it takes some time to just move between emails.  As soon as I logout of the extension it speeds up again.

I have uninstalled and completely removed all remnants including the registry entry, rebooted and installed again and it is the same.  There was a recent Office update which may be coincidental. 

Any advice on what to do to speed this up again?  Outlook is really bogged down with this.

44 Antworten
MCataix
Teilnehmer/-in

Hello, I am still experiencing this issue. It really makes Outlook unusable. I can't believe we're still there... And Email logging is really the key feature of a CRM, so I don't really have the choice but to use the Addin. What is the progress on that issue ? Thank you very much.

dbb
Teilnehmer/-in

Don't hold your breath waiting for a solution, hubspot are sitting back and just blaming Microsoft.
Stalemate.

jdcoder
Teilnehmer/-in

I'm having he same issue. I added the hubspot bcc address as a contact and add it to emails I want to log. No built-in tracking, but at least something that limits duplicate entry. 

WLottering
Teilnehmer/-in

we are now in middle 2023 and this seems to still be an issue. I just did a clean install today and couple of hours later and my Outlook is almost not responding at all.

dbb
Teilnehmer/-in

yes - I've given up on this altogether now. I have developed workarounds so that I don't have to use the app.
they are not as good and sometimes I forget one of the steps, but at least outlook works....

dbb
Teilnehmer/-in

it's a shame because the addin works very well when first installed and then it gradually slow outlook down to a grinding halt.
i am getting into the workaround practice of uninstalling and reinstalling weekly! 😞

NTubach
Mitwirkender/Mitwirkende

that is not acceptable imo

BérangèreL
Community-Manager/-in
Community-Manager/-in

Hi @NTubach@jdcoder@WLottering@dbb and everybody,

Thank you for your valuable feedback. I have also shared it internally for more visibility.

I would like to apologize for the frustration, data issues, and business impact this has caused. We hear you.

I checked for you internally on this and to be transparent, there are issues on Microsoft's end that are causing these behaviors.

We are currently working with Microsoft to alleviate these but we currently cannot provide a timeline.

Thank you for your patience and understanding!

Best,
Bérangère

Saviez-vous que la Communauté est disponible en Français ?
Rejoignez les discussions francophones en changeant votre langue dans les paramètres !

Did you know that the Community is available in other languages?
Join regional conversations by changing your language settings!

NTubach
Mitwirkender/Mitwirkende

I appreciate the response, Bérangère. It’s helpful for a user, if we know what you are working on, so we can sit tight. In this case, it just seems hopeless. First, I wasn’t ever told there was a problem. Then I was told I needed to downgrade to the old version of Outlook. Then I am told that the version also doesn’t really work well. Disappointing experience.

Thanks,
Nick
dbb
Teilnehmer/-in

I'm sorry - but this is not a good response.
you have known about this problem for years - and you are blaming Microsoft.
Maybe it is their fault - but it seems to be a common excuse from IT techs when they don't know the answer (to blamesomeone else)

0 Upvotes
NTubach
Mitwirkender/Mitwirkende

Three years later and the same problem still exists. I really wish they would have told me about this before. Hate having to move away from HS, but this is a deal breaker for us. Glad I found it before we decided to invest more resources and expand.

DiannaS
Teilnehmer/-in

I'm having the exact same problem. My outlook has become completely unusable with the sales add-in. Brand new Macbook Air, running very lean, completely bogged down when using outlook with the Sales tool installed. I hope for a good solution for all of us...

ZOffen
Teilnehmer/-in

Hi All, did this end up getting resolved? I have the same issue. New user to HubSpot, followed the onboarding guide and the Mac Outlook plugin is completely useless. It is extremely slow to the point where I do not want to use it.

MagnusB
Teilnehmer/-in

Hi @ZOffen,

We are still experiencing the issue. No updates from HubSpot. I agree that the Outlook add-in for Mac is useless in its current state.

ZOffen
Teilnehmer/-in

Do you also have an issue where if you do manage to reply, it then doesn't mark the email as replied to in Outlook?

0 Upvotes
MagnusB
Teilnehmer/-in

I haven't heard of that issue from the team. I don't use the Outlook add-in personally, as I am on the IT side, so it might be that it hasn't been reported. 

0 Upvotes
ZOffen
Teilnehmer/-in

That's very frustrating! Are you a paid user who has flagged with technical support? (as most of the threads seem to request you do this). How do you work around the issue?

0 Upvotes
MagnusB
Teilnehmer/-in

Yes, we are a paid user. We have had several conversations with technical support, CSM etc. We've been told the issue is on our side (networking, anti virus etc.) or with Microsoft. They support this argument by saying it is not a common problem and that the add-in works fine for most customers. We never managed to speak to someone with detailed knowledge about the Outlook add-in. I suspect that development on the add-in for Outlook for Mac has been abandoned in favor of the PWA version.

0 Upvotes
MagnusB
Teilnehmer/-in

We are experiencing the same issue where installing the Outlook add-in on Mac makes Outlook so slow that our sales team will refuse to use it. This has a severe impact on our adoptation and value of Hubspot, as having emails logged is a key feature. Unfortunately we have been completely stonewalled by support and our CSM, telling us to contact Microsoft even though there obviously is an issue with their add-in as is evident from this thread. We're currently spending +€25k annually with HubSpot and they are not willing to help or even acknowledge there is a problem - extremely dissappointing.

TiphaineCuisset
Community-Manager/-in
Community-Manager/-in

Hi @MagnusB and everyone in this thread. 

Thank you for your replies and comments. I'm sorry for the frustration and business impact caused by this. 

To start with, we always recommend to create a new post on community when it comes to add-ins and extensions to get quicker help and also because this type of issues could be caused by multiple reasons.

I reached out to the team internally about this. Regarding the Outlook for Mac application specifically, it is controlled by Microsoft, so we will be limited in what we at HubSpot can do for issues like this. Our add-in is subject to Microsoft's environment, which is why it has been challenging for our add-in to operate in, and we are working with Microsoft to resolve outstanding issues. There are some Microsoft-side initiatives that can help minimize performance issues but with no ETA on delivery. We've had bugs open with Microsoft that take a long time to fix, or still haven't even been fixed, for example the following which is about the loss of email's signature's images, or this open with Microsoft regarding the bullets and numbers being removed from lists. In the meantime, the best course of action is using Outlook on the Web since it uses the latest Microsoft technologies to host add-ins.

Generally, slowness is a result of the tracking pixel when tracking is enabled. When the Add-In is loaded with tracking enabled, we insert the tracking pixel at the bottom of the email's body. This moves the cursor to the bottom of the email's body as well. The Office API does not currently allow developers to return the cursor to its previous position. The best course of action here if that happens would be to disable tracking or use Outlook on the Web. 

Here are however some steps you can follow that can improve performance: 

• Microsoft steps to follow when Outlook is slow
  • Disable all other add-ins in Outlook and try again to see if there is a conflicting add-in
  • See with your IT team to disable or temporarily pause security programs to see if that's causing the issue
  • Delete Outlook for Mac cache following those steps

If you have any follow up questions or other issues, we would recommend to open a ticket with technical support if you're a customer, or to create a new post on community if you're a free user by clicking on Create post on the right here

Thank you

Best

Tiphaine

Saviez vous que la Communauté est disponible en français?
Rejoignez les discussions francophones en changeant votre langue dans les paramètres !

Did you know that the Community is available in other languages?
Join regional conversations by changing your language settings !