Outlook very slow when logged in with Outlook sales addin

steveni1
Participant

Hi, I noticed this really started to slow down recently to now where it takes some time to just move between emails.  As soon as I logout of the extension it speeds up again.

I have uninstalled and completely removed all remnants including the registry entry, rebooted and installed again and it is the same.  There was a recent Office update which may be coincidental. 

Any advice on what to do to speed this up again?  Outlook is really bogged down with this.

14 Replies 14
AdamLPW
Key Advisor

Hi @steveni1,

Same here - Outlook so slow that, when typing, I found letters and sometimes whole words were missed.  Thought it was an issue with my keyboard before narrowing it down to the HubSpot add-in.  

I've found that opening emails in pop-out windows makes things slightly more manageable, as does closing/collapsing the HubSpot sidebar (editing in the main window of Outlook with the HubSpot sidebar open is worst).

Please fix, HubSpot team!

Did my post help answer your query? Help the Community by marking it as a solution
"The rest of my advice has no basis more reliable than my own meandering experience. I will dispense this experience... now!"
smbunn
Participant

We are having the same problem.  We are uninstalling HubSpot from Outlook as at present it is not workable.  Since Outlook integration was one of the biggest selling points this is a real concern.

steveni1
Participant

I suspect as a free user my request is largely ignored.  This is becoming so painful I may consider alternatives.  I think it is given that if I leave they will not receive a subscription from me or a recommendation.  

AdamLPW
Key Advisor

HubSpot support really need to get on to this ASAP.  It's disruptive for existing users (the old Outlook add-in was fine) and, by the sounds of things, it's going to lose them paid customers moving forward!

To all the frustrated new users, this is NOT the experience I've become used to over the past couple of years using HubSpot.  They've always been excellent and quick to fix any issues.  

Hopefully, it will be resolved quickly.  It's a huge pain in the proverbial for me at present.  

Did my post help answer your query? Help the Community by marking it as a solution
"The rest of my advice has no basis more reliable than my own meandering experience. I will dispense this experience... now!"
SLR
Participant

Having same problem on both PC and laptop makes replying to email so slow.

LeeChapoton
Contributor

Thanks @steveni1 for your original post. We're experiencing the same issue with the Sales Extension regardless of Mac or Windows, Outlook 365 for the web or desktop app.

I submitted a HubSpot Support Ticket, referencing this thread as well as another to do with glitchy formatting while composing emails. Outlook Mac - Glitchy formatting behaviour

Once I hear back from Support, I'll try to remember to update this thread.

Cheers,

Lee

LeeChapoton
Contributor

As promised, here are some troubleshooting steps provided by HubSpot Support. 

Thank you for reaching out to HubSpot Support. I understand that your sales extension is causing issues in your email inbox. Just to clarify and confirm, are you using the Outlook desktop add-in or the Office 365 add-in? If you are using the Outlook desktop add-in, these are some troubleshooting steps we can take a look at:

1. Check to see if there are conflicting plugins installed
    1. Go to File > Options > Add-ins and click GO at the bottom of the screen
    2. Uncheck the boxes next to the other plugins and click OK
    3. See if HubSpot enables and works
  2. A slow network while using Outlook on a PC can definitely slow things down so let's make sure it's not an issue with your network speed.
  3. If you are using an Exchange account or an Office 365 account, ensure that Cached Exchange Mode enabled.
  4. Does the friction happen when the Track box is checked? When the user clicks the New Email button? Try to see if anything in particular causes this.
SLR
Participant

I'm using 365 addin the above settings are already set - only just started happening. If I reply to an email I have to wait between 3-5 seconds for outlook to be ready to type etc

HeikkiHilltop

I'm having same problems here with 365 & Apple. Takes almost 10 seconds before I can start typing anything in my messages and if I try to start typing too early it throws me to the bottom of the message which is very frustrating especially when handling emails with long discussions.

Our company is evaluating Hubspot as we speak and if there is no fix to this problem soon we will then forget Hubspot and look for other solutions.

LeeChapoton
Contributor

Thanks for weighing in @HeikkiHilltop. Sorry to hear your frustrations with the issue as well. I'm not holding my breath for a fix. The good news is that all appears to work fine if you use the web version of Outlook if you're on a Mac. That's the position I've taken and haven't encountered any quirky issues since. The down side is that the desktop version of Outlook has more features, but none of which I heavily rely on, so no loss there.

I'd still highly recommend HubSpot. Other than being extremely pricy, I think they're the best in the industry. I.e. I wouldn't rule them out just because of this one unique issue with the Sales Extension.

Cheers,
Lee

sbacookie
Contributor

Our entire sales department is refusing to utilize the integration with HubSpot from Outlook because it slows the computer down to a point where it is unusable. However, removing the integration clears things right up and the computer is faster again. This is a real issue because it means we can no longer synch emails from sales. 

0 Upvotes
CRobson
Participant

Same issue which is disappointing as we are trying to go live with this across our business.

I notice it gets progressively worse until Outlook is restarted.

@hubspot please look into this with some urgency as it's going to loose you business as its a key integration.

LeeChapoton
Contributor

Hi @CRobson, I resorted to using the web version only of Outlook on my MacBook and have not had any problems since. 

0 Upvotes
yi_jerry
Participant

Hi, I experience the same issue. Each time I click an email , the outlook freezes for few seconds. I deactived HubSpot add ins on outlook and the issue disappeared. 

Please solve this issue.