Outlook Sales Extension

steveni1
Participant

Outlook very slow when logged in with Outlook sales addin

Hi, I noticed this really started to slow down recently to now where it takes some time to just move between emails.  As soon as I logout of the extension it speeds up again.

I have uninstalled and completely removed all remnants including the registry entry, rebooted and installed again and it is the same.  There was a recent Office update which may be coincidental. 

Any advice on what to do to speed this up again?  Outlook is really bogged down with this.

44 Replies 44
marcel_swx
Participant

Pointing the finger at Microsoft is a very easy way out... Obviously, there are other add-ins out there, that don't completely destroy performance & user experience. So there must also be an issue in how you programmed your add-in.

As it is right now, IT IS UNUSABLE. And yes, Email logging is a key feature of a CRM so it's really annoying.

SGuðmundsson
Participant

Hi @TiphaineCuisset .
Are there any updates on this issue??

0 Upvotes
MWilcox12023
Participant

I use the Outlook on Windows 11 application which is part of my O365 license and have installed the Outlook application plugin from hubspot.   Outlook now takes minutes to respond after adding the Hubspot plugin to outlook.   Frankly, outlook is unusable so I have disable the hubspot plugin.  Any ideas on how to improve response time ?

0 Upvotes
WLottering
Participant

This seems to have been a bug/issue for years and they have not fixed it. If this goes on like this I will advice that we need to move to another system as this is not acceptable.

NTubach
Contributor

I would call them and see how they can help. As far as Outlook for Mac, I have given up. It’s unbearable. They will tell you just to use Outlook straight from the website, instead of the app, so if that works for you, I’d give that a try.
0 Upvotes
WLottering
Participant

That is not how I use Outlook and I have no intention to do that just to solve their issues. This has been an issue for years if you look at the history of this issue.

NTubach
Contributor

I understand. I'm just giving you the only option I see. It's not how I use Outlook either. 

0 Upvotes
tiborrr

Is there any update on the ETA on a fix?

0 Upvotes
mknutson

I am experiencing the same issue on Mac Office but it runs smoothly on WIndows Office. 

Canuck
Participant

Same issue for me

0 Upvotes
yi_jerry
Participant

Hi, I experience the same issue. Each time I click an email , the outlook freezes for few seconds. I deactived HubSpot add ins on outlook and the issue disappeared. 

Please solve this issue. 

CRobson
Participant

Same issue which is disappointing as we are trying to go live with this across our business.

I notice it gets progressively worse until Outlook is restarted.

@hubspot please look into this with some urgency as it's going to loose you business as its a key integration.

LeeChapoton
Contributor

Hi @CRobson, I resorted to using the web version only of Outlook on my MacBook and have not had any problems since. 

0 Upvotes
sbacookie
Contributor

Our entire sales department is refusing to utilize the integration with HubSpot from Outlook because it slows the computer down to a point where it is unusable. However, removing the integration clears things right up and the computer is faster again. This is a real issue because it means we can no longer synch emails from sales. 

HeikkiHilltop

I'm having same problems here with 365 & Apple. Takes almost 10 seconds before I can start typing anything in my messages and if I try to start typing too early it throws me to the bottom of the message which is very frustrating especially when handling emails with long discussions.

Our company is evaluating Hubspot as we speak and if there is no fix to this problem soon we will then forget Hubspot and look for other solutions.

LeeChapoton
Contributor

Thanks for weighing in @HeikkiHilltop. Sorry to hear your frustrations with the issue as well. I'm not holding my breath for a fix. The good news is that all appears to work fine if you use the web version of Outlook if you're on a Mac. That's the position I've taken and haven't encountered any quirky issues since. The down side is that the desktop version of Outlook has more features, but none of which I heavily rely on, so no loss there.

I'd still highly recommend HubSpot. Other than being extremely pricy, I think they're the best in the industry. I.e. I wouldn't rule them out just because of this one unique issue with the Sales Extension.

Cheers,
Lee

LeeChapoton
Contributor

As promised, here are some troubleshooting steps provided by HubSpot Support. 

Thank you for reaching out to HubSpot Support. I understand that your sales extension is causing issues in your email inbox. Just to clarify and confirm, are you using the Outlook desktop add-in or the Office 365 add-in? If you are using the Outlook desktop add-in, these are some troubleshooting steps we can take a look at:

1. Check to see if there are conflicting plugins installed
    1. Go to File > Options > Add-ins and click GO at the bottom of the screen
    2. Uncheck the boxes next to the other plugins and click OK
    3. See if HubSpot enables and works
  2. A slow network while using Outlook on a PC can definitely slow things down so let's make sure it's not an issue with your network speed.
  3. If you are using an Exchange account or an Office 365 account, ensure that Cached Exchange Mode enabled.
  4. Does the friction happen when the Track box is checked? When the user clicks the New Email button? Try to see if anything in particular causes this.
SLR
Participant

I'm using 365 addin the above settings are already set - only just started happening. If I reply to an email I have to wait between 3-5 seconds for outlook to be ready to type etc

LeeChapoton
Contributor

Thanks @steveni1 for your original post. We're experiencing the same issue with the Sales Extension regardless of Mac or Windows, Outlook 365 for the web or desktop app.

I submitted a HubSpot Support Ticket, referencing this thread as well as another to do with glitchy formatting while composing emails. Outlook Mac - Glitchy formatting behaviour

Once I hear back from Support, I'll try to remember to update this thread.

Cheers,

Lee

AdamLPW
Key Advisor

Hi @steveni1,

Same here - Outlook so slow that, when typing, I found letters and sometimes whole words were missed.  Thought it was an issue with my keyboard before narrowing it down to the HubSpot add-in.  

I've found that opening emails in pop-out windows makes things slightly more manageable, as does closing/collapsing the HubSpot sidebar (editing in the main window of Outlook with the HubSpot sidebar open is worst).

Please fix, HubSpot team!

Did my post help answer your query? Help the Community by marking it as a solution
"The rest of my advice has no basis more reliable than my own meandering experience. I will dispense this experience... now!"
steveni1
Participant

I suspect as a free user my request is largely ignored.  This is becoming so painful I may consider alternatives.  I think it is given that if I leave they will not receive a subscription from me or a recommendation.