Outlook Sales Extension

OliverP
Contributor

Outlook not showing Hubspot sent emails

SOLVE

Should outlook show you your emails sent from within hubspot?

Mine is not which isnt great when I need to see what I sent to who within outlook...

Cheers.

0 Upvotes
1 Accepted solution
Samantha_Alford
Solution
Top Contributor

SOLVE

Great question @OliverP.

We don't run outlook but a number of our clients do. I don't think the email should sent from HubSpot get copied across to your Outlook, but I could be wrong. One thing to note though is that if they reply to the email it will go into your Outlook.

Our practise is to send and receive emails from within either Outlook (or for us Gmail) and we log and track the emails into HubSpot using the Outlook or Chrome extensions. That way we don't have to make all our users change their habits re sending emails from HubSpot but we can look at the contact record to see the source of truth re all emails sent and received (especially when there are multiple people in the business emailing the contact and you're using workflows also - ie you get a fuller picture of all engagement).

Not sure if that helps but I hope it does.

Samantha Alford
Did my post solve the issue? If so, please accept it as a solution!

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3
Samantha_Alford
Solution
Top Contributor

SOLVE

Great question @OliverP.

We don't run outlook but a number of our clients do. I don't think the email should sent from HubSpot get copied across to your Outlook, but I could be wrong. One thing to note though is that if they reply to the email it will go into your Outlook.

Our practise is to send and receive emails from within either Outlook (or for us Gmail) and we log and track the emails into HubSpot using the Outlook or Chrome extensions. That way we don't have to make all our users change their habits re sending emails from HubSpot but we can look at the contact record to see the source of truth re all emails sent and received (especially when there are multiple people in the business emailing the contact and you're using workflows also - ie you get a fuller picture of all engagement).

Not sure if that helps but I hope it does.

Samantha Alford
Did my post solve the issue? If so, please accept it as a solution!
Giuseppe
Contributor

SOLVE
Hello@samantha unless I am doing something wrong if I use Outlook then the HubSpot record of the contact does not show (and track) the received emails but only those I send, track and log into CRM. Am I worllrong?
0 Upvotes
OliverP
Contributor

SOLVE

OK great so bascially don't use your 'in Hubspot' emails/templates/documents etc. if you want to be able to track through outlook who you've emailed. Its simply better to log via the sidekick and continue sending form outllook.

Thanks 🙂

0 Upvotes