Outlook Sales Extension

GTremain
Participant

Outlook for Mac - no email tracking

SOLVE

Hi community, Would love some support on an issue with Outlook for Mac 16.66.2. I am not getting email open tracking functionality. I've tested in Outlook Web app and it works fine.  Hubspot Sales add in is installed. Email is connected. I can add new contact profiles to the CRM via the Hubspot Sales add in and new profiles add to my CRM when I send new emails. Emails sent also log in the CRM no problem. Only issue is getting notifications of tracked email opens when sent via Outlook for Mac.  Have touble shooted extensively with Hubspot and no solution. Some issue being faced on 2 different macs running Outlook for Mac. Occurs on both old and new versions of Outlook.

Logged emails sent via Outllok for Mac say 'Tracking data is not available for this email'

Any ideas?????? Thanks!!! GT

1 Accepted solution
PamCotton
Solution
Community Manager
Community Manager

SOLVE

Hello @GTremain Happy Friday!

Wanted to share this Knowledge Base Article on troubleshooting the Office 365 Add-in:

If you notice a message on a logged email that states "Tracking data is not available for this email. [user] chose to log this email but not track it," Outlook may have attached the HubSpot tracking pixel via CID. CIDs attach the pixel image to the email that you're sending, then use standard HTML image tags that reference the image to embed it in the email when the contact opens it. The tracking pixel, therefore, isn't actually inserted into the email body, which prevents the email from being tracked. Keep in mind that this often occurs when using the New Outlook for Mac, so it is recommended to switch back to the legacy version.

The instructions on how to switch back to the legacy version are here: How to switch back to Legacy Outlook

I hope this information helps.

Pam

Você sabia que a Comunidade está disponível em outros idiomas?
Participe de conversas regionais, alterando suas configurações de idioma !

Did you know that the Community is available in other languages?
Join regional conversations by changing your language settings !

View solution in original post

6 Replies 6
JVanDerhagen5
Participant

SOLVE

Is HubSpot making plans to allow email tracking for the new Mac Outlook version? I would much rather use the desktop version rather than the old one or Office 365. 

0 Upvotes
DianaGomez
Community Manager
Community Manager

SOLVE

Hi @JVanDerhagen5, I hope you are doing well!

I've taken some time to check internally with our team regarding this. The issue with tracking emails using the add-in on the New Outlook for Mac is a known issue that we have been investigating with Microsoft and we do have an open ticket with them. As the new version will require further support from Microsoft to make the existing add-ins work, we are dependent on when the team at Microsoft could respond with a resolution on those known problems.

Please be assured that our team is continually making sure that our add-in will be compatible with the new version in due time. Meanwhile, the recommendation is to revert to the legacy issue to continue using the extension.

Hope this clarifies, 

Diana

¿Sabías que la Comunidad está disponible en Español?
¡Participa hoy en conversaciones en el idioma de tu preferencia,cambiando el idioma en tus configuraciones!

0 Upvotes
ChillDog22
Participant

SOLVE

Any updates from Microsoft or status of this bug?

0 Upvotes
PamCotton
Solution
Community Manager
Community Manager

SOLVE

Hello @GTremain Happy Friday!

Wanted to share this Knowledge Base Article on troubleshooting the Office 365 Add-in:

If you notice a message on a logged email that states "Tracking data is not available for this email. [user] chose to log this email but not track it," Outlook may have attached the HubSpot tracking pixel via CID. CIDs attach the pixel image to the email that you're sending, then use standard HTML image tags that reference the image to embed it in the email when the contact opens it. The tracking pixel, therefore, isn't actually inserted into the email body, which prevents the email from being tracked. Keep in mind that this often occurs when using the New Outlook for Mac, so it is recommended to switch back to the legacy version.

The instructions on how to switch back to the legacy version are here: How to switch back to Legacy Outlook

I hope this information helps.

Pam

Você sabia que a Comunidade está disponível em outros idiomas?
Participe de conversas regionais, alterando suas configurações de idioma !

ChillDog22
Participant

SOLVE

The problem still existed with both the legacy and new version of Outlook. Not able to sync with Outlook on my Macbook.

After many hours with support, I've concluded that this is a bug that hasn't been fixed?

0 Upvotes
GTremain
Participant

SOLVE

Thanks Pam. That was clearly the problem. It works perfectly now. Just a shame that I can't use the email tracking feature in the new version of Outlook for Mac. Hopefully this is made available at some stage in the future. Regards, Greg