Outlook Sales Extension

GrapeApe
Participant

Outlook for Mac add-in

When OH WHEN will the Outlook add-in ever work with Outlook for Mac, without an MS365 subscription?!

Surely I'm not the only one who works on a Mac, wants to host business emails outside MS365 or Gmail, and also wants to integrate seamlessly with the Hubspot add-in on Outlook for Mac?

Please tell us when this will be available - looks like people have been bleating about it for years...

0 Upvotes
7 Replies 7
Prune
Participant

Outlook for Mac add-in

Hi @TiphaineCuisset,

I have a Microsoft 365 Business Basic account which includes Exchange email.

However it does not include a subscription to the Outlook for Mac desktop app - I have purchased this separately. When I try to connect the add-in it tells me that I don't have a subscription to MS365, which is not the case.

Is there a way to use the Hubspot Sales Tools add-in on Outlook for Mac, with this Exchange version of MS365?

Thanks!

error.jpg

0 Upvotes
TiphaineCuisset
Community Manager
Community Manager

Outlook for Mac add-in

Hi @Prune 

Thank you for reaching out. 

I understand that your email host is Exchange and not Office 365? If this is the case, this is expected behavior. As I said in my previous post, it only works with emails that have O365 as an email providerthis is a limit from Microsoft’s end of things due to how the O365 Microsoft Store works. 

You could upvote this Idea in our Ideas Forum regarding this. You can also subscribe to the idea (Options > Subscribe) to get notified if the status changes. There is another one here specifically for Exchange. 

Thank you, 

Best

Tiphaine

Saviez vous que la Communauté est disponible en français?
Rejoignez les discussions francophones en changeant votre langue dans les paramètres !

Did you know that the Community is available in other languages?
Join regional conversations by changing your language settings !

Prune
Participant

Outlook for Mac add-in

Hi @TiphaineCuisset 

No, it is indeed O365. (Microsoft 365 is the new name for Office 365 subscriptions.)

It is called MS365 Business Basic subscription which includes exchange.

Please advise - thanks!

0 Upvotes
TiphaineCuisset
Community Manager
Community Manager

Outlook for Mac add-in

Hi @Prune 

Thank you for your reply. 

Could you confirm the following? 

Outlook installed from the Microsoft Store is not compatible with the HubSpot Sales Office 365 add-in. Check your Outlook version to ensure it is Click-to-run

Can you also confirm that you

• have access to the Microsoft store.
  • have the necessary permissions from your email administrators to use third party add-ins in your inbox.
  • That the address email in the screenshot is the same that is connected to your HubSpot account

Thank you

Best

Tiphaine

Rejoignez les discussions francophones en changeant votre langue dans les paramètres !

0 Upvotes
TiphaineCuisset
Community Manager
Community Manager

Outlook for Mac add-in

hi @GrapeApe 

Thank you for reaching out. 

I am sorry for the frustration that this has caused. In order to use Hubspot in Outlook for Mac, you would use the O365 add-in but you need an office 365 hosted inbox to use that, there is no way around it, unfortunately. It only works with emails that have O365 as an email provider. This is a limit from Microsoft’s end of things due to how the O365 Microsoft Store works.

You could however use the BCC and forwarding addresses

Thank you

Best

Tiphaine

GrapeApe
Participant

Outlook for Mac add-in

Hi @TiphaineCuisset, thanks for your quick reply.

Unfortunately just using the BCC and forwarding addresses is far too limited - I want to use Templates and Snippets daily as well as log and track emails with a simple check box.

Is there a way to vote for Outlook for Mac integration? It just seems crazy that non-Microsoft Mac users are excluded in this way...

0 Upvotes
TiphaineCuisset
Community Manager
Community Manager

Outlook for Mac add-in

Hi @GrapeApe 

I had a look and I'd recommend upvoting this Idea in our Ideas Forum regarding this. You can also subscribe to the idea (Options > Subscribe) to get notified if the status changes. 

Thank you

Best

Tiphaine