Outlook Sales Extension

greggsmith21
Participant

Outlook for Mac Office 365 - Problem typing with Hubspot Extension Open

SOLVE

I'm on a MacBook Pro 2019 13" with MacOS Big Sur running Office 365 for Mac.

When I create emails using Outlook for Mac 365 I can write emails just fine and there's no studdering / stopping of characters or freeze like things happening if I have the HubSpot plugin closed.  If however I click the HubSpot Icon in the toolbar of the new email window and it opens the HubSpot sidebar, as I type the sytems freezes for a couple seconds every so many characters and then it will display what I was typing.  

For example if I were typing this in an email with HubSpot open, I can get maybe to MacBook Pro but then it would freeze and even if I keep typing it would only capture maybe to with on the first line.  It does this on/off/on/off as I try to type.  

However, if I keep the sidebar closed, I can type all day long without any issues/freezes as I type.  

I want to enable HubSpot to track all my emails, but whether I pin the sidebar or open it manually, it will do this freezing making it impossible to get anything done or emails written.

Wondering if others are having the same issue and/or if there's a fix for this.

I just installed the HubSpot plugin a week ago, so it should be the latest version. 

0 Upvotes
2 Accepted solutions
TiphaineCuisset
Solution
Community Manager
Community Manager

SOLVE

Hi @greggsmith21 

Thank you for your reply, and apologies for my mistake

Would you mind trying the following steps: 

1. Check to see if there are conflicting plugins installed
    1. Go to File > Options > Add-ins and click GO at the bottom of the screen
    2. Uncheck the boxes next to the other plugins and click OK
    3. See if HubSpot enables and works

If you're still experiencing issues, I would recommend connecting with HubSpot Technical Support, as Support is included in your subscription and they will be able to provide real-time assistance for this matter. You can share with them the steps you followed already above. 

Thank you!

Best

Tiphaine

Saviez vous que la Communauté est disponible en français?
Rejoignez les discussions francophones en changeant votre langue dans les paramètres !

Did you know that the Community is available in other languages?
Join regional conversations by changing your language settings !

View solution in original post

greggsmith21
Solution
Participant

SOLVE

That worked.  I found a number of Amin Managed options that I wasn't aware were activated in my Outlook 365 subscription.  I disabled those and now on my Outlook for Mac local application, it's working great.  I can now type without any issues with the HubSpot plugin pinned to my email windows. 

View solution in original post

10 Replies 10
TiphaineCuisset
Community Manager
Community Manager

SOLVE

Hi @greggsmith21 

Thank you for reaching out. 

I'd recommend following these steps and then these steps for this issue.

If this is still happening, I would recommend connecting with HubSpot Technical Support, as Support is included in your subscription and they will be able to provide real-time assistance for this matter, where you are able to share screenshots and further information about this. 

Thank you!

Best

Tiphaine

Rejoignez les discussions francophones en changeant votre langue dans les paramètres !

greggsmith21
Participant

SOLVE

Thanks but those are for Windows computers and not Mac's.  As noted in my description, I have a Apple MacBook Pro and those recommendations don't apply since it's a different OS and the way that the Mac version is installed is completely different.

0 Upvotes
TiphaineCuisset
Solution
Community Manager
Community Manager

SOLVE

Hi @greggsmith21 

Thank you for your reply, and apologies for my mistake

Would you mind trying the following steps: 

1. Check to see if there are conflicting plugins installed
    1. Go to File > Options > Add-ins and click GO at the bottom of the screen
    2. Uncheck the boxes next to the other plugins and click OK
    3. See if HubSpot enables and works

If you're still experiencing issues, I would recommend connecting with HubSpot Technical Support, as Support is included in your subscription and they will be able to provide real-time assistance for this matter. You can share with them the steps you followed already above. 

Thank you!

Best

Tiphaine

RMiller4

SOLVE

I'm having the same issue as Gregg and many others - I think HubSpot really need to get their act together on Mac support.

The current plugin is unusable as it is - I have 4 cpus and 16 GB of RAM and 140Mbps network speed and Outlook cannot be used with the Hubspot addin enabled as it uses 100% of one cpu core and renders typing and navigating in Outlook almost impossible. 

I think asking people to uninstall all other add-ins isn't really a solution either - we will have put them there for a reason.

Your documentation on installing add ins for the Mac is all incorrect and leads to a lot of wasted time and frustration around the product.

I'm going to uninstall the HubSpot addin and wait to see if you are going to be serious about supporting a platform that is important and valuable in the business community (particularly in marketing and sales departments)

0 Upvotes
greggsmith21
Participant

SOLVE

Thanks for replying.  I'm still having issues.  I've disabled every plugin except HubSpot and boy it's very frustrating.  Typing is a little better, but still have to wait for everything to load if I use the Pin option before I can even attempt to start typing, otherwise what I type is removed and it puts the cursor at bottom of email.  I find that turning it off and typing my reply and then clicking the Icon to add HubSpot is the fastest method, except I have to remember to click to add before sending.

I really wish they'd update the Mac plugin to work much faster and much smoother.

The other issue I have is that when using the plugin, images are removed when sending, they only have a square placeholder in lieu of the actual photo when sending from Outlook and what I really hate is that after typing my first part like Good afternoon xxxx, and pressing enter, HubSpot changes the font type and size.  That shouldn't happen.  It should always keep whatever I've chosen as default or whatever the font was prior to hitting enter.

The other weird thing is that I always have an indent now on first line as well.  If I remove the plugin, no indent or font changes.  Works normal.

TiphaineCuisset
Community Manager
Community Manager

SOLVE

Hi @RMiller4 @greggsmith21 

Thank you for reaching out. 

@RMiller4 I'm sorry for the frustration you are experiencing with the extension for Mac. Are you talking about this documentation regarding the installing steps being incorrect for Mac or something else? 

If you wish to try again with the extension, I'd recommend trying to check to see if there are conflicting plugins installed via the steps provided below by @greggsmith21 (Get Add-ins from the Home toolbard in the local Outlook app > Admin-Managed Add-ins) and try to disable the other add-ins to see if this works better. 

I would recommend connecting with HubSpot Technical Support if you are still experiencing issues after this, as Support is included in your subscription and they will be able to provide real-time assistance for this matter, where you are able to share screenshots and further information about this. 

@greggsmith21 for your second issue I'd recommend as well connecting with HubSpot Technical Support 

Thank you, 

Best

Tiphaine

RMiller4

SOLVE

Thanks for responding, Tiphaine,

I understand your point with "conflicting" extensions - but it's not a solution to ask customers to uninstall all the other add-ins they have deployed for dood reason.  It's HubSpot's responsibility to develop an add-in that plays well with others and your QA department's responsibility to identify any conflicting add-ins and document them clearly.

I'm happy to open a ticket with tech support, but the issue is that the addin is poorly coded and uses way too many resources.  This has been called out by many, many users over the past 18-24 months so it doesn't look like there's any urgent effort to rewrite the addin with better coding practices.

<Update> Your support site doesn't work with the latest version of Safari.  I'm getting a pretty clear picture of HubSpot's level of support and commitment to MacOS users

0 Upvotes
greggsmith21
Participant

SOLVE

FYI, the process for Mac isn't that you've outlined above.  You actually goto Get Add-ins from the Home Toolbar in the local Outlook app and then you can find Admin-Managed Add-Ins.

greggsmith21_1-1610986204371.png

greggsmith21_0-1610986160422.png

TiphaineCuisset
Community Manager
Community Manager

SOLVE

@greggsmith21 I thought the steps were the same for both Outlook on Mac & Outlook on PC, sorry about that, but thank you for sharing the steps here! 

0 Upvotes
greggsmith21
Solution
Participant

SOLVE

That worked.  I found a number of Amin Managed options that I wasn't aware were activated in my Outlook 365 subscription.  I disabled those and now on my Outlook for Mac local application, it's working great.  I can now type without any issues with the HubSpot plugin pinned to my email windows.