Outlook Sales Extension

opsstaffing
Membre

Outlook emails not logging into CRM

Résolue

Hello, I am using the free version of hubspot sales, and send my emails through the Outlook aplication on my computer. None of my emails are logging with my contacts or companies. I know there were recent outages could some one please advise on how to resolve this issue.

Thanks,

Mitchell Riley

Opsstaffing

0 Votes
1 Solution acceptée
BrettLanguirand
Solution
HubSpot Employee
HubSpot Employee

Résolue

Hello @opsstaffing,

I'm sorry to hear you're experiencing difficulty logging emails on contact/company records in the CRM.  Can you please verify the following variables are all met?

1. The sent emails in Outlook contain the BCC address (yourhubid@bcc.hubspot.com).

2. Make sure that your emails are being sent as HTML, not plain text.  

3. The emails that you're sending aren't being sent to contacts with the same domain as you.

4. The email address that the emails are sent from is a user in the Hubspot portal.

We usually recommend that users uninstall and re-install the Hubspot Sales Outlook Add-in when they are experiencing difficulty.  

Let me know if any of this helps.

Brett

Voir la solution dans l'envoi d'origine

21 Réponses
RogerJohnWalker
Membre

Résolue

Hi. Did you solve this issue? Mine was working fine last week, but now Hubspot only logs emails received from Contacts but NOT those I send to Contacts (I use Outlook to send and receive my emails)?

0 Votes
BrettLanguirand
Solution
HubSpot Employee
HubSpot Employee

Résolue

Hello @opsstaffing,

I'm sorry to hear you're experiencing difficulty logging emails on contact/company records in the CRM.  Can you please verify the following variables are all met?

1. The sent emails in Outlook contain the BCC address (yourhubid@bcc.hubspot.com).

2. Make sure that your emails are being sent as HTML, not plain text.  

3. The emails that you're sending aren't being sent to contacts with the same domain as you.

4. The email address that the emails are sent from is a user in the Hubspot portal.

We usually recommend that users uninstall and re-install the Hubspot Sales Outlook Add-in when they are experiencing difficulty.  

Let me know if any of this helps.

Brett

RogerJohnWalker
Membre

Résolue

I have the same problem. Can you confirm the process for unistalling the Outlook Add-on please so that I can try that. Roger

0 Votes
DaphnaS
Membre

Résolue

I have this issue. I'm using a Mac and trying to track by BCCing my hubspot email address. Is there a way to do that? I have a Mac and only have Officee 365, not the version you need for the add-in. Can I track just with the hubspot email?

0 Votes
TiphaineCuisset
Gestionnaire de communauté

Résolue

Hi @DaphnaS 

Thank you for reaching out.

Using the BCC address will only log your emails, but they won't be tracked. 

With a mac and a Office 365 hosted email address, you can use the Office 365 add-in. You have more information on that in the following article:

Install HubSpot Sales for Gmail, Office 365, and Outlook desktop 

Hope that helps.
Have a lovely day,
Tiphaine.

Saviez vous que la Communauté est disponible en français?
Rejoignez les discussions francophones en changeant votre langue dans les paramètres !

Did you know that the Community is available in other languages?
Join regional conversations by changing your language settings !

DaphnaS
Membre

Résolue

Thank you but when I try to install this I get this error: "The custom error module does not recognize this error." I tried deleting all cookies but I still get it. Do you know what I can do about this?

0 Votes
TiphaineCuisset

Résolue

Hi @DaphnaS 

Could you confirm you're meeting all the requirements listed here? If so, and you're still having an error, could you clarify what steps exactly you're taking and where exactly you're getting stuck? Could you send us a screenshot of the error message? The more information, screenshots, and details you can provide the better we can assist. 

Thank you! 

Tiphaine

Saviez vous que la Communauté est disponible en français?
Rejoignez les discussions francophones en changeant votre langue dans les paramètres !

Did you know that the Community is available in other languages?
Join regional conversations by changing your language settings !

Dan3
Participant

Résolue

Hi, since Weds my emails are no longer being logged into Hubspot CRM despite the Outlook plugin being activated and the log and track features enabled (tracking works). I have uninstalled and reinstalled the plugin 3 times, rebooted the computer logged in and out of Hubspot and Outlook countless times but it still does not work. Bcc without the plugin does not work, fwd does not work either. Everything was ok before Weds, nothing has changed on my pc.

This is very frustrating for me because my sales activity is tracked through Hubspot and senior management is now having doubts over the reliability of Hubspot, and so they should.

Any suggestions??

Thanks.

CU_Rise
Membre

Résolue

Did you find a solution? I am facing the same issue. Please share anything that you found was useful?

Thanks

CU_Rise

0 Votes
roisinkirby
Équipe de développement de HubSpot

Résolue

Hi @Dan3 can you please review the troubleshooting tips advsied by Brett above (see listed solution), and let us know if after testing each one you are still at a roadblock?

0 Votes
Janice
Membre

Résolue

Hello there @BrettLanguirand,

I'm also having the same problem (date is 23rd June 2017) - the real pain for me is that I leave my current role in a few weeks and am responsible for bringing HubSpot into the lives of the team here. There are only 6 users in total, two have had the software uploaded and despite following all the same steps their outlooks are not logging in the CRM yet mine is. It's wasting so much of my time when I really need to make sure all contacts are ported across from our old CRM into HubSpot, yet if the logging isn't happening we may as well stay with our old and defunct system. Please please can someone investigate this - we have the potential to upgrade to Sales Pro but not if the most basic of functions isn't working. Worst of all I'm looking like an idiot for suggesting the system as it worked so well on my computer yet isn't working on anyone elses in the office.

Please can someone respond and not with the list of suggestions sent out on 9th March - have tried these time and again.

Best wishes,

Jane

0 Votes
Jim2
Membre

Résolue

My Hubspot connector from Outlook has stopped logging emails, as well.  Just stopped.  I have followed all of the notes to troubleshoot and have reloaded the Outlook add-in to no avail.  Please advise.  Thank you in advance.. 

0 Votes
ginag
Membre

Résolue

I am having the same issue with multiple contacts and have Sales Pro. I've checked and everything is as it should be. I've disabled and re-enabled the Outlook add-in and am still having issues. 

Any more suggestions? 

Thank you,

Gina

0 Votes
marvpala
Membre

Résolue

I also have the same issue. The strange thing is that my co-founder's emails (which are set up just as mine) are being logged while mine are not. 

The problem suddendly occured after more than a year of working well. I tried Zapier for an integration with LinkedIn, which could potentially created an issue, but I never finished the configuring the Zap. 

Help is needed. I have been reading responses everywhere and it seems that HubSpot has an error and no one is actually acepting it does, instead the same text with instructions is sent to all of us. 

0 Votes
ginag
Membre

Résolue

OMG, @marvpala! I installed Zapier awhile ago and it wasn't doing me any good so I removed it. It is now no longer enabled in Chrome. It didn't seem to be an issue when it was enabled though. 

I've been told to remove Sidekick from Outlook and then reinstall it so many times. I can't keep doing it and if anything I'm losing confidence in the product because of this. 

I've gone back to Hubspot telling them the reinstalling didn't help and have heard nothing since. I'll update this thread when I get news.

0 Votes
glreber
Membre

Résolue

I have the same issue, it was all working until tuesday of this week and it is just one system.  I have others that are working fine.  I have uninstalled the outlook addon with no success.  I even had the user use the forward option and that doesn't work.  Almost like the system doesn't accept emails from him any longer.  

Weird thing is it does track the email just not log in the CRM.

0 Votes
opsstaffing
Membre

Résolue

Hello,

I'm sure HubSpot would not want me saying this, but I have moved on to a different software called Nimble. It is more compatible with different email's it does not require any type of plug in. It still tracks your emails and does a much better job of being intuitive and pulling in tons of social profile information based off your targets email domain. 0 Issues since I posted this issue and made a change. I did enjoy HubSpot, but the lack of customer support and technicial issues was a total deal breaker. I was happy I had not been using this software long, so it didn't take a bunch of time to transfer my data.

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Mitchell Riley

roisinkirby

Résolue

Hey @opsstaffing all discussions / feedback r.e. HubSpot's products are welcomed and valued - thank you for sharing. If you would like to follow up with any further concerns or questions, please feel free to send me a prviate message.

@ginag @marvpala let's dig into the Zapier issue further, I've moved/merged your posts to create a thread dedicated to the Zapier issue to see what we can find out. Please check it out and respond t me here: Is my Zapier integration preventing emails from being logged into the CRM?

@glreber have you checked through each of the troubleshooting steps @BrettLanguirand outlined above? 

0 Votes
ginag
Membre

Résolue

Just for the record... it started working again. Mysteriously. No one can figure out how or why.

0 Votes
glreber
Membre

Résolue

@roisinkirbyyes I have been through all the trouble shooting steps nothing still seems to work.  If I remove the user from the team and then add him back it works for a few hours and then breaks again.  I only have a few users and the one that needs to have his emails logged the most is the one having issue.  Mine works fine and so do the others I have setup.  It seems that even if you didn't have the plugins installed just bcc the email should log the thread but it isn't.  Would be nice if there was a way for hubspot to see what the crm is doing with emails that are bcc.. for each.  I even completely rebuilt his system a couple weeks ago.  It worked for a few days and stopped again.

The odd thing is the tracking still works through all this.  I would expect that would be the one to break not the bcc of an email that when recieved should be added to the correct crm.  I really think this is a hubspot issue on the back end.