Outlook email tracking limitations

randolph
Participant

So my company uses a regular Outlook email client, and we have an internet based Outlook portal log in.  But we do not seem to have an Outlook 365 lisence specifically.

I have your outlook add on installed and it is working great for outgoing tracked emails, but it does not seem to track customer responses in the CRM.

I was wondering if you have a list of specific limitations or differences of using the Outlook addon vs a full 365 integration.

Thank you.

0 Upvotes
3 Replies 3
MayPascaud
HubSpot Alumni

Hi @randolph, thanks for your question!

You're definitely correct in all of your statements: though the Outlook add-in works well for tracking and logging emails, it will not allow you to log email replies. You need either Outlook 365 or Google Apps to do so.

This is because an O365 or G Suite account allows you to connect your inbox to the CRM. Other email clients do not allow this type of pairing. A connected inbox means that HubSpot can go into your email client and collect email replies that appear in your "All" folder, and pass them onto the CRM. See more information on connected inboxes here

In addition to logging email replies, having a Connected Inbox allows you to use the Sequences tool, which allows salespeople to send a series of targeted, timed emails to nurture a prospect over time. It also allows you to send emails from the CRM via your own email client, meaning that these emails also appear in your "sent" box. 

Let me know if you have any questions on the above, and have a great rest of your day!

May

0 Upvotes
randolph
Participant

Ok that makes sense.  So one more question.  Does this also effect the "meetings" feature?  I'm assuming you would need the api from 365 in order to pull my live calendar correct?

0 Upvotes
MayPascaud
HubSpot Alumni

@randolph indeed, you would need to have an Outlook 365 calendar to use the Meetings feature as well. Here is a useful chart delimitating which HubSpot features are compatible with your email client, taken from this article (apologies, I should have included this in my previous response!)

What HubSpot Sales features are supported by my email client .png

0 Upvotes