Outlook Sales Extension

kpriv
Participante

Outlook crashes when creating new email

resolver

Hello all,

We have been using Hubspot for about 3 months.  We deployed the hubspot integration via our 365 tenant, which added the button in Outlook (all clients are on Outlook 365).  Once the users logged in, everything was very smooth.

Sometime in the last 7 days, users started experiencing outlook crashes when attempting to create a new email.   

Most specifically, after clicking on 'new email' and then putting a name or group into the TO: field, when clicking or tabbing to go to the next field (and also when the hubspot frame loads up info), is the moment when Outlook as a whole just freezes.

I went through the help pages for Outlook issues, but most of the resolutions either didn't help or didn't apply.  I also tried the suggestion here:

https://knowledge.hubspot.com/settings/what-can-i-do-if-outlook-is-crashing-with-hubspot-sales-insta...

But that failed in the sense that some of the files were still in use, and I found no 'SideKickTrapWPF' process running, so it isn't possible to kill it.  Using manual deletion methods, I was able to delete everything except one log file, so that should have been good enough, but the outcome did not change after that anyways.

Sales support suggested we uninstall/reinstall the hubspot plugin, but weren't familiar with how to do that in a 365 deployment.

I'm also unclear on this process, and additionally wondered if there was a possibly an update to the plugin and how that would be deployed (or is it automatically deployed because it's in 365?).  Google and hubspot searches didn't help answer these questions.

Has anyone here run into these issues and have a resolution?  Please let me know, thank you!

1 Soluciones aceptada
TiphaineCuisset
Solución
Administrador de la comunidad

resolver

Hi all,

Thank you for your patience while the team was investigating this. 

We expect this to be resolved in version 3.0.1.262 which was just released.

You would just need to close Outlook and restart to pick up the update.

Thank you, 

Best

Tiphaine

Saviez vous que la Communauté est disponible en français?
Rejoignez les discussions francophones en changeant votre langue dans les paramètres !

Did you know that the Community is available in other languages?
Join regional conversations by changing your language settings !

Ver la solución en mensaje original publicado

15 Respuestas 15
kpriv
Participante

resolver

Fix works on my end!  Users are happy again 🙂 

Thanks Tiphaine for listening to everyone's issues and taking them seriously, taking action, and communicating these issues to the developers.   Thanks everyone who chimed in and provided valuable feedback and supporting documentation.  This is great stuff.

Hagland
Participante

resolver

Seems to be working after the latest fix.

TiphaineCuisset
Solución

resolver

Hi all,

Thank you for your patience while the team was investigating this. 

We expect this to be resolved in version 3.0.1.262 which was just released.

You would just need to close Outlook and restart to pick up the update.

Thank you, 

Best

Tiphaine

Rejoignez les discussions francophones en changeant votre langue dans les paramètres !

DHatfield
Participante

resolver

Same issue, occurring on Office 2019 install and is not affecting all HubSpot integrations. No fixes yet other than to disable the add-in for now.

0 Me gusta
TiphaineCuisset

resolver

Hi @KFrontczak @kpriv @JBarboza @Hagland @AJVC @kevin_highway9 

I want to confirm that this has been reported to the team and that they are investigating this at the moment. I will update this thread as soon as I have an update or if the team needs something more to investigate further.

Thank you all for your patience

Best

Tiphaine

KFrontczak
Miembro

resolver

Yes, the onlu solution is to shut down "show contact profile" very soon... 

0 Me gusta
JBarboza
Participante

resolver

Having the same issue. It just started. Outlook freezes up and I have to open Task Manager and shut down the program. It seem that putting an email in the address field triggers the shut down. Like once HubSpot starts trying to do it's thing, it crashes Outlook.

0 Me gusta
Hagland
Participante

resolver

Same starts happening in our organization. Outlook hang when creating a new email.
From our testning the problem seems to desappear when turning of the function 'Show Contact Profile' in settings in the Outlook plugin.
It also seems to be related to the email recpient not existing in Hubspot. As soon as the recepient is created in Hubspot, Outlook doesn't hang.
PS! Problem seems to be independent of network, happens at homeoffice as well as office.

AJVC
Participante

resolver

There really is nothing to show on the Outlook screen, except that it crashes to a "not responding" state. You then have to manually close down Outlook completely. There is no firewall or security that has been put in place recently and this issue started out of the blue last week on all computers that have Outlook installed, but we have people working in different locations and different setups and they all were working fine before.

Then Outlook on the Windows PC stopped working on all of them if they use the Hubspot Outlook (or 365) add-in, they need to disable it in order to be able to keep working.

I can send you a debug log later.

TiphaineCuisset

resolver

Hi @kpriv @AJVC @kevin_highway9 

Thank you for reaching out/replying here. 

Would you all mind sending us a screenshot of the entire Outlook open? (you can block out sensitive info of course) It's helpful for the team to see your environment. 

From what we could see, it could be that the extension is unable to access the recipient in the CRM (after you add a recipient in the "to" field) and it leads the program to stop responding. 

When the extension is unable to access something, that usually means the computer/network has some sort of security/firewall program installed that is preventing the extension from making certain calls. So as a first step, could you confirm our domains (app.hubspot.com, dl.getsidekick.com, app.getsidekick.com) are not blocked by firewall/security? 

Can you also access debug logs and send them to me via DM? 

I'll then report information to the team.

Thank you all!

Best

Tiphaine

AJVC
Participante

resolver

We are experiencing the same issue, tried the standard fix - https://knowledge.hubspot.com/settings/what-can-i-do-if-outlook-is-crashing-with-hubspot-sales-insta..., but it did not resolve the issue....very annoying as it started happening on all computers

Lowens
Participante

resolver

We are experiencing this same issue with HubSpot and Outlook.

0 Me gusta
kevin_highway9
Participante | Partner nivel Elite
Participante | Partner nivel Elite

resolver

I started experiencing the same problem earlier this week.  I am using Outlook desktop for PC.  I tried deleting the folder as suggested by HS help, tried uninstalling and reinstalling... still having the same issue.  Very annoying

TiphaineCuisset

resolver

Hi @kpriv 

Thank you for reaching out and for all that details. 

Can you confirm if you're using the Outlook desktop add-in or the Office365 add-in

To uninstall, can you try those steps or those steps according to the add-in you have, or can you confirm you've already tried that before? I understand that it has been centrally deployed, so your admin could use I think these steps to uninstall the add-in from what I found online. 

Steps to install again can be found here.

I'm also wondering if this could be a conflict with another add-in : a test would be to deactivate all other add-ins to see if the HubSpot add-in is then working. 

Let me know!

Best

Tiphaine

kpriv
Participante

resolver

Hi Tiphaine,

To confirm, we are using the Office365 add-in which is centrally deployed.

I'm not sure I see any point in uninstalling and reinstalling, as this issue spans all of our users who use hubspot in this capacity, and it's worked without issue since we originally migrated to Hubspot, but perhaps I worded my intentions wrong in the original post, but I have no reason to believe that it's an installation/corruption issue.  It appears to be a program or memory allocation issue, and it's a rather large and complicated undertaking to remove it from the tenant and re-add it without significant impact to the users, which isn't my first choice in troubleshooting this issue.

What I was trying to ask in my original post was that I am curious if in the case of an app update to the Hubspot plugin being released, I would assume that it would automatically update through the 365 tenant like other centrally deployed apps do, so I was asking *if* there was an update and if so, is it designed to auto-update the clients in the 365 environment or would additional steps need to be taken by the tenant admin, and if yes, then there should be an update bulletin for admins to reference and where would I find that (I looked and didn't find anything).

I've reviewed the log files on the affected workstations, and there's nothing whatsoever to indicate any errors or conflicts, Outlook simply freezes under a specific and reproduce-able normal usage steps.  Waiting it out does not have any effect as Outlook does not recover and remains frozen until terminated via task manager.

0 Me gusta