Outlook Sales Extension

NLuo

Outlook - cannot login into Hubspot Sales

Transcript of conversation. Saves everyone a bit of time.

Short-version. Tried ALL (cannot stress this enough!) troubleshooting - thus, do NOT send me a link saying try this or that. I already tried it.
Cannot login via Outlook. Hubspot Sales.
Thank you.
0 Upvotes
10 Replies 10
JeremyAwesome

I have the Sales add-in installed. The issue is logging into it. It's stuck in a continuous loop, this began when we added MFA to our accounts.

0 Upvotes
dwalczak
HubSpot Employee
HubSpot Employee

Hi Jeremy, 

Sorry to hear you're having issues connecting the Sales add-in. Could you possibly share the exact steps you're taking to log into the Sales add-in and a screenshot of the loading window you get?

Best,

David

AdamLPW
Key Advisor

Hi Jeremy,

Yeah, we're beyond the limits of my knowledge now!  Assuming you're on a free subscription  and don't have access to HS Support (??) - I've reached out to them on your behalf and hopefully will be able to get someone from HubSpot directly involved in this thread for you.   

Did my post help answer your query? Help the Community by marking it as a solution
"The rest of my advice has no basis more reliable than my own meandering experience. I will dispense this experience... now!"
AdamLPW
Key Advisor

Thanks Jeremy.

As this is happening across different browsers and operating systems, it sounds like an issue with Office 365.  I don't suppose it could be a permissions issue in your Office 365 account?  

I use the Outlook Desktop add-in, personally, but just installed the O365 version to see how setup works and was only prompted to log in to Office 365, not HubSpot during the installation.  Took me a few seconds and now works on my mac and PC.  

There are also a bunch of scenarios in which this add-in WON'T work, listed here:

https://knowledge.hubspot.com/connected-email/how-to-install-hubspot-sales#install-the-hubspot-sales...

Worth checking both that you have the required permissions to install the app in your Office 365 environment and that you don't fall into any of the categories where it won't work for you (such as non-office 365 hosted email account).  

Did my post help answer your query? Help the Community by marking it as a solution
"The rest of my advice has no basis more reliable than my own meandering experience. I will dispense this experience... now!"
JeremyAwesome

When you create a new email and use the 'Hubspot Sales' addin you aren't prompted to login to Hubspot? This doesn't seem correct.

[cid:7c350094-af19-442c-806d-7b68355ed742]

0 Upvotes
AdamLPW
Key Advisor

Nope, I wasn't!  Maybe it's because I'm already logged in to HubSpot in that browser?!  I was redirected to the Microsoft store, asked for my login credentials, clicked the "get this add-in" button, then refreshed Outlook and it was there.  

0 Upvotes
AdamLPW
Key Advisor

Hi @JeremyAwesome,

You'll notice the original poster didn't reply to my request for further detail!  I'm assuming they subsequently managed to log in.  

Same questions for you: 

"When you say "cannot login", what do you mean by this?  Is the add-in successfully installed, but failing to log in to HubSpot?  What screens/errors do you see?  Can you share screenshots?

Would I be correct in assuming that this is the Office 365 Outlook add-in for Windows?  If not, please specify e.g. OSX, or the older Outlook add-in for HubSpot."

JeremyAwesome

It's the HubSpot sales add-in that fails in browser. Fails with both Windows and OSX, tried on all the standard browsers same issue. 

There isn't much of a screen shot to show. I login and it takes me back to 'Welcome to the HubSpot..."

Keeps looping. 

0 Upvotes
JeremyAwesome

I'm having this same issue, any resolution?

0 Upvotes
AdamLPW
Key Advisor

Hi @NLuo,

If you could share a little more information, I'd be happy to try and help.

When you say "cannot login", what do you mean by this?  Is the add-in successfully installed, but failing to log in to HubSpot?  What screens/errors do you see?  Can you share screenshots?

Would I be correct in assuming that this is the Office 365 Outlook add-in for Windows?  If not, please specify e.g. OSX, or the older Outlook add-in for HubSpot.

🙂