Outlook Sales Extension

JDove
Participant

Outlook add-in repeatedly disconnecting.

We have a little over 100 users on our account. Some use the Outlook desktop app and others that use the Outlook web app. 

The biggest issue is with our Outlook desktop users. The issue that occurs is one of two things. Either their personal email becomes disconnected from HubSpot or the HubSpot sales add-in for outlook becomes disconnected. For some of my users, this occurs once a week for others once a day. 

Is there some issue that could be causing these users' email connections to become disconnected so frequently?

14 Replies 14
JChamberlin

Hi!
Outlook is asking me to reconnect nearly every day.  It's a waste of my time and money, and doesn't make me want to migrate to the paid version of Hubspot.
Does anyone have a fix please?

0 Upvotes
PamCotton
Community Manager
Community Manager

Please, could you follow all the steps detailed here to ensure that everything is set up to ensure the systems can work together efficiently. 

Você sabia que a Comunidade está disponível em outros idiomas?
Participe de conversas regionais, alterando suas configurações de idioma !

Did you know that the Community is available in other languages?
Join regional conversations by changing your language settings !

0 Upvotes
JChamberlin

0 Upvotes
GaryWright
Participant

The MS integrations have never worked properly for any client I've worked with over the last 5 years or so.

I think it would cause less frustration to just delete the integration feature for Microsoft in favour of using a re-branded version of the 'Manual' Logging (automatically BCC HubSpot for incoming and outgoing mails). This works fine, and you can still apply portal-wide "neverlog" emails to certain domains, like your internal email sending domain.

0 Upvotes
Markowskiak
Participant

Can hubspot fix this?? its been going on for years.... so annoying

BérangèreL
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi @Markowskiak,

Thank you for reaching out to the Community!

I would like to apologize for the frustration and business impact this has caused.

• Have you made any changes to your device (i.e updates, etc.) lately?
  • Is WebView2 installed?

I saw in this article "Install the HubSpot Sales Office 365 add-in", that you cannot install both the HubSpot Sales Office 365 add-in and the HubSpot Sales Outlook desktop add-in on the same device. These add-ins will conflict.

If it is the case, can you please uninstall one of them.

In order to be able to see the exact error message in our internal tools and to see where the issue is coming from, when the add-in gets disconnected, I would recommend connecting with HubSpot Technical Support, as Support is included in your subscription, and they will be able to provide real-time assistance for this matter, where you are able to share screenshots and further information about this.

Thanks,
Bérangère

Saviez-vous que la Communauté est disponible en Français ?
Rejoignez les discussions francophones en changeant votre langue dans les paramètres !

Join regional conversations by changing your language settings!

Pedrodelamigo
Contributor

We are having the same issue for a customer of ours and this annoys them so much that they are going to part ways with Hubspot if we don't find a fix for this. It happens on Mac and Windows. Any updates on this post?  @KMikami , @MiaSrebrnjak @JDove 

cchaplin-vc
Participant

Just wanted to also point out that this happens for Mac users using the Outlook desktop plug-in as well, in case that affects whatever solution HubSpot's product team might explore for this. Thanks!

KMikami
Participant | Gold Partner

@JDove - I've experienced this same issue when I worked for my previous employer that used Outlook for business email. Now that I work for an agency that is also a HubSpot partner, I continue to get negative feedback from my clients about the HubSpot Sales Tool for Outlook. It is the same everytime:

1. The sales tool slows down the Outlook app
  2. The sales tool constantly disconnects and stops logging email into the CRM

I found with my previous employer, that the sales tool would disconnect every time we had to change our Outlook password. However, I have heard from others that they are having to reconnect to the tool to Outlook way more often than that. 

Were you able to make any progress on this situation for your team given the HubSpot recommendations on this thread? Would love to have additional input on how I can help my clients succeed with this tool.

JDove
Participant

Hi @KMikami,

In terms of just the add-in, we did have a little luck following the steps listed in the article MiaSrebrnjak provided me in her initial response. However, it wasn't a complete fix, as the add-in will occasionally disconnect for some of my users. It doesn't seem to be as frequent as it used to, but it is still prevalent. I've told my teams that if they need it in a pinch, just remember to put the HubSpot Bcc in the Bcc line to log the email until they have a chance to reconnect the add-in. As for the add-in slowing down outlook, that issue has never changed. It's especially troublesome for anyone on wifi. My users have had to adjust their outlook add-in settings to instruct outlook to always open the add-in to keep it from timing out and not loading.

It's an incredibly valuable tool and time saver, especially for my teams that spend their whole day operating out of outlook. However, getting my users bought into its use has been rocky with the occasional issues we have mentioned. 

0 Upvotes
MiaSrebrnjak
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi @JDove,

Thank you for reaching out to the Community!

Have the users already tried changing the configuration in their Internet Explorer, as described in this article? The steps would have to be done in Internet Explorer, even if IE is not your selected browser, as the HubSpot Sales add-in relies on IE on the backend to perform certain actions.  

If this won't help, I would like to ask you to collect debug logs and create a ticket for our Support, they'll be glad to have a closer look at the issue. Thank you!

Cheers
Mia, Community Team

Wusstest du, dass es auch eine DACH-Community gibt?
Nimm an regionalen Unterhaltungen teil, indem du deine Spracheinstellungen änderst

Join regional conversations by
changing your language settings

0 Upvotes
JDove
Participant

Hey @MiaSrebrnjak ,

Thank you for the info. Support shared that same article with me. I had a few of my guys check that experience frequent issues check their setting, and they were already in compliance with what the article suggested. 

I have not tried sending debug logs to support. The next time one of my users gets disconnected, I will have that user pull these reports and send them to support.

Thanks

Jason

MiaSrebrnjak
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi @JDove, getting the debug logs would be the best next step. Thank you!

Mia, Community Team 

Wusstest du, dass es auch eine DACH-Community gibt?
Nimm an regionalen Unterhaltungen teil, indem du deine Spracheinstellungen änderst

Join regional conversations by
changing your language settings

KMikami

@MiaSrebrnjak and @JDove - My client and I connected with someone at HubSpot and provided the debug logs. This did not present any issues.

Each Sales rep was advised to pin the HS sales bar on Outlook every morning when starting up their email. Every morning. Try getting each of your 80 sales reps to do that each day.

The HubSpot Sales Tool for Outlook needs to be revised in order for this to work. It is not user error, and it is not a bug in the system. The tool simply does not work efficiently. I've been tasked by my client to keep this top of mind with the HubSpot development team. It may seem small to many but huge to them and huge to a LOT of businesses that we recommend this software to. HELP US PLEASE HUBSPOT!