Outlook add-in only adds 1 random contact from the emails, not the main recipient?!

Occasional Contributor

Hello,

I have been using the Outlook add-in for a few weeks but I start to think that I haven't learnt how to use it properly.

1. What do I need to do to log more than one contact to  HubSpot when I write emails to multiple recipients?

2. If the above is not possible, how can I choose which contact to log? In particular, I would like to add the main recipient contacts.

At the moment, the add-in automatically selects the last email address from the cc' box which is entirely useless because it is often one of my colleagues...

Thanks for your help,

AI

0 Upvotes
4 Replies 4
Community Manager

Hi @AleInZac,

1. When you send an email to multiple contacts, the email should log to both of their timelines as long as you select "log" when sending the email. 

2. In regards to the cc issue, can you please send a screenshot/video of what you are seeing to confirm that I understand what is happening? 

Additionally, I wanted to share this user guide with you as a starting point for getting familiar with the Outlook extension.

Thank you,
Jenny

We are excited to announce that the Community will be launching a weekly newsletter on November 2, 2020!
0 Upvotes
Occasional Contributor

Thanks Jenny for your help. I have had a look at the guide you linked me to but I could not find an answer to my problem.

I have included two screenshots. You will see that the add-in automatically selects the last email address or the email address in the cc box and there is no way I can select any other address...

Inkedissue with Outlook add-in- ex1_LI.jpg

issue with Outlook add-in- ex2.jpg

0 Upvotes
Community Manager

Hi @AleInZac,

Thank you for the screenshots and additional information! 

Currently the functionality of the sidebar pulling in the most recently added recipient is working as designed. If you would like to see this functionality built out further, I would recommend creating an idea on our ideas forum.

Thank you,
Jenny

We are excited to announce that the Community will be launching a weekly newsletter on November 2, 2020!
0 Upvotes
Occasional Contributor

Hi Jenny,

Sorry, but I don't think my problem is understood. In the specific case I screenshotted, both recipients in my email were new. None of them had been added to the CRM system yet.

I had to add both of them and to do so, I had to remove them one by one and let the add-in 'perceive' the one that I wanted to add. 

If there is more than one email address, the add-in only considers the latest 'typed-up' (regardless of it being or not in the CRM). If there is an email address in the cc box, then this takes priority. Bottomline: the add-in creates more work for me.

I'm overall disappointed by HubSpot, so I guess this is just one more reason to consider abandoning it as soon as possible... If there is anything I'm not doing, then I'll be happy to learn. But it would be logical to include an option to scroll the email addresses. 

Good luck with making your system really functional. There is still some work to do, I'm afraid.

0 Upvotes