Outlook Sales Extension

cpktoes

Outlook Sales Tools Contact Profile not showing contact name

SOLVE

Often (not always) my Sales Tools window shows the contact profile with the contacts email repeated twice rather than name and email.  If I click open in crm, it is clear that the name fields are correct as the name shows properly on the contacts page.  How do I ensure the preview displays correctly?

0 Upvotes
1 Accepted solution
gelflex-cc
Solution
Key Advisor

SOLVE

@cpktoes I have looked through mine and it appears to be how the sending of the email sets up how their name is to appear when sending.  With others, as long as they are in my email contacts then their name appears correctly.

@jennysowyrda did I miss anything?

thanks.

View solution in original post

11 Replies 11
gelflex-cc
Solution
Key Advisor

SOLVE

@cpktoes I have looked through mine and it appears to be how the sending of the email sets up how their name is to appear when sending.  With others, as long as they are in my email contacts then their name appears correctly.

@jennysowyrda did I miss anything?

thanks.

TonySchmidt
Contributor

SOLVE

This is also happening to me in both the Outlook and the Gmail plug-ins. I don't save all my thousands of leads as contacts and often the HubSpot panel in both platforms will show their email address instead of the name, and then their email address directly below it as in the screenshot provided by @cpktoes . I would like for the panel to show the name as it appears in HubSpot.

Another reason why is sometimes Gmail will auto-add a contact to my Contacts with Bob Smith as the name, but the email address is a shared account like finance@company.com. Then next year when I reach out, I update the name in HubSpot with the new finance person but Google has the old name (I don't care about Google Contacts, I ddin't want it save there in the first place). HubSpot should be my primary data source. So I want to be able to rely on HubSpot's panel for the true name of the contact I'm reaching out to.

0 Upvotes
gelflex-cc
Key Advisor

SOLVE

@TonySchmidt I am not sure I am following you.  Please clarify and supply screenshots. 

If my inbox is connected and a new contact sends an email, then only their email is known not their name. If the email already exists then the contact name is what was last saved. If you change the name in HubSpot then it is likely to change the name for all activities for that contact record. 

example - finance@company.com sends an email

if the emails exist as part of contact Bob Smith then it is shown as Bob Smith regardless that is Susie Jones. You can update the contact and change the name to Susie Jones.  

If your inbox is connected then you are likely to have new contacts automatically added as emails are sent to you.

0 Upvotes
TonySchmidt
Contributor

SOLVE

To make it simple:

I want the name shown in the HubSpot panel to match the name of the contact in HubSpot.

Currently it is showing the email address twice as shown in @cpktoes's screenshot.

0 Upvotes
thoyt

SOLVE

I have the same problem. I installed the Outlook plugin extenstion for HubSpot.  I had sent emails from my Outlook, but before I had uploaded the contact lists to HubSpot. I was able to convert the emails to HubSpot, contacts, but it does not put the correct information into contacts. Example, it will show the first name, as the body of information before @ in their email.  Do I have to really go to each contact in Hubspot and edit mannaully to make sure the properties information is correct?

0 Upvotes
gelflex-cc
Key Advisor

SOLVE

@thoyt 

1. When you are in Outlook looking at the email and HubSpot sales tools, does the contact already exist in HubSpot?
  2. If the contact exists in HubSpot, is it the EXACT same email address? For example, I have an email that starts with no-reply in my inbox. This address is not in my CRM and the email shows twice. 
  3. Please share a screenshot of the contact in outlook; the contact in HubSpot and the inbox with the HubSpot sales tools open.
  4. What is your subscription to HubSpot - free; starter, etc?

This will help clarify.

Thanks.

0 Upvotes
thoyt

SOLVE

Hi -  We have the free CRM. 

1. I didn't upload list to Hubspot before adding in the Outlook extension.  But, after adding in plugin for outlook to hubspot, I went to my sent emails and clicked to add.  Thus, it did add to hubspot contacts but not all of the data accurately.  See screen shot below.

2. I think I need to manually enter the correct data (first name, last name, phone, etc.) to each contact in HubSpot now...ugh.

It also appears that I can't paste the screen shot into this email body.  

0 Upvotes
gelflex-cc
Key Advisor

SOLVE

@thoyt  The camera on the blue ribbon allows you to insert images, I struggled with the paste for a while. Can you try again?

Ok Here is what I have. A no reply email from HubSpot. The email appears twice because I have not added the person to the CRM so their name is not there.  Once I add them to the CRM and provide the name, everything updates. Please see pictures.  Are you experiencing something different?

I dont recall if you are using Office 365 or Outlook directly so pictures before the add are from both.

after add.pngoffice 365.pngoutlook.png

0 Upvotes
enverkolac
Participant

SOLVE

Hi,

Did HubSpot remove the First and Last name sections in Outlook plugin?

0 Upvotes
gelflex-cc
Key Advisor

SOLVE

@cpktoes Can you share a screenshot? Thanks.

0 Upvotes
cpktoes

SOLVE

Here are screenshots of both the contact profile preview in the sidebar, and from the contacts page.

As I mentioned, this doesn't happen all the time.  In fact, the contact that caused me to create this msg now appears fine in both cases.

contactpage.PNGcontactprofile1.PNG

0 Upvotes