Outlook Sales Extension

BAfia
Participant

Outlook Mac add-in won't stay signed in

Hi, Outlook Mac (16.72.3) add-in won't stay signed in. It seems to log out at least once a day and it's a real pain having to log in all the time. Is this normal?

Thanks

Ben

12 Replies 12
MartinBishop
Participant

Still no resolution on this??

GMathers

I have the same problem on three computers with two different Hubspot users. It is annoying and causing us to stop using Hubspot. 

0 Upvotes
hubspotuser9052
Participant

Are there any updates?

0 Upvotes
MSummerfield

Any update on why this keeps happeneing?

0 Upvotes
MSummerfield

I am experiencing this problem every day as well.

MiaSrebrnjak
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi @BAfia,

Thank you for reaching out to the Community!

I can confirm that this is not expected behaviour.

We'd generally see this kind of behaviour when the user's browser is blocking third party cookies. We rely on the cookies for the add-in to identify the HubSpot user and to keep them signed in.

Could you make sure that you're not blocking third party cookies in your selected browser (instruction here)? Do you maybe have a habit of clearing browser cookies every time you log off? This could be causing the frequent login prompts too. 

If this won't help, could you please share the following information so we're able to investigate further: 

• Screenshot of your Outlook Version: File > Office account > About Outlook
  • Screenshot of the HubSpot Plugin Version: HubSpot Sales > Settings

Thank you!

Cheers
Mia, Community Team

Wusstest du, dass es auch eine DACH-Community gibt?
Nimm an regionalen Unterhaltungen teil, indem du deine Spracheinstellungen änderst

Did you know that the Community is available in other languages?
Join regional conversations by
changing your language settings

BAfia
Participant

Thanks Mia. The problem is in Outlook Mac, rather than browser:

0 Upvotes
MiaSrebrnjak
Community Manager
Community Manager

Thank you for sharing the screenshots! I would, however, recommend removing your email address from the screeshots; our Community is publicly available so I'd be careful about sharing personal information here.  

Even thought the error appears in the add-in, it might still be caused by your browser settings: the add-in uses the browser in the back end to connect to your HubSpot account. It'd be great if you could still check your cookie settings as described here so we can confirm that everything is configured correctly. 

Thank you,

Mia, Community team 

Wusstest du, dass es auch eine DACH-Community gibt?
Nimm an regionalen Unterhaltungen teil, indem du deine Spracheinstellungen änderst

Did you know that the Community is available in other languages?
Join regional conversations by
changing your language settings

hubspotuser9052
Participant

Unfortunately, it is still a problem. I reviewed the privacy settings in Safari, but it still logs out every few hours. Using HubSpot on Apple hardware/MS365 is just so annoying.

Outlook Mac Version: 16.79.2

Bildschirmfoto 2023-12-11 um 09.59.52.png

0 Upvotes
PIoanidis

Did you ever get this resolved over the last month? Experiencing a very similar issue on a Windows computer

0 Upvotes
hubspotuser9052
Participant

Unfortunately not. Recently I had to send my MacBook to repair and used an old Intel Mac. Had the same issue there as well.

0 Upvotes
PIoanidis

This probably will not be any help to you since you are on a MAC. But this article (so far) seems to have resolved the issue I was having. HubSpot Sales prompts login every time Outlook on desktop is opened

If you are able to find the alternative settings for MAC, may assist with your issue. 

0 Upvotes