Outlook Sales Extension

AJV
Participant

Outlook Mac - Glitchy formatting behaviour

SOLVE

Hello!

I'm using the O365 plugin with Outlook 365 Mac Desktop app, with the plugin permanently "pinned" so it opens with each email (otherwise I often forget to log/track...)

I've also changed the default font for new email and replies to Helvetica, as I absolutely despise Calibri.

I am experiencing two issues - on two seperate machines. Same behaviour.

First Issue:

When either creating a new email, or replying to an email, the window appears and I start typing with Helvetica. However, when I hit enter twice (new paragraph) the font automatically changes to Calibri. And it's super irritating.

Second Issue:

When hitting reply, if I begin typing right away, after a second or two, the cursor is moved to the end of the email, below the very last line of the original message.

Neither issue happens when I do not have the plugin "pinned" to automatically load.

Any ideas?

1 Accepted solution
LeeChapoton
Solution
Contributor

SOLVE

As promised, here are some troubleshooting steps provided by HubSpot Support. 

Thank you for reaching out to HubSpot Support. I understand that your sales extension is causing issues in your email inbox. Just to clarify and confirm, are you using the Outlook desktop add-in or the Office 365 add-in? If you are using the Outlook desktop add-in, these are some troubleshooting steps we can take a look at:

1. Check to see if there are conflicting plugins installed
    1. Go to File > Options > Add-ins and click GO at the bottom of the screen
    2. Uncheck the boxes next to the other plugins and click OK
    3. See if HubSpot enables and works
  2. A slow network while using Outlook on a PC can definitely slow things down so let's make sure it's not an issue with your network speed.
  3. If you are using an Exchange account or an Office 365 account, ensure that Cached Exchange Mode enabled.
  4. Does the friction happen when the Track box is checked? When the user clicks the New Email button? Try to see if anything in particular causes this.

View solution in original post

27 Replies 27
PamCotton
Community Manager
Community Manager

SOLVE

Hello @djaytch99 and @AJV were you able to follow the steps that @LeeChapoton  provide in the solution? If so, would you please provide where did you got stuck in the process?  The more information, screenshots, and details you can provide, the better I can advise on the next steps.

Thank you,

Pam

Você sabia que a Comunidade está disponível em outros idiomas?
Participe de conversas regionais, alterando suas configurações de idioma !

Did you know that the Community is available in other languages?
Join regional conversations by changing your language settings !

0 Upvotes
AJV
Participant

SOLVE

Hi Pam - yes, I tried all of that - well, the steps that are Mac relevant as this problem doesn't happen on a PC.

I worked through the troubleshooting issues with Technical Support who said they're waiting for Microsoft to fix Outlook - which I doubt that Microsoft is going to recode Outlook to make HubSpot work. I'd guess that would have to be the other way around.

As it stands, the plugin exhibits the same behaviour on multiple Macs with Outlook, and is generally unusable. Can't be left pinned to capture all email as it creates all kinds of wonky behaviour, and when you turn it on at the end it undoes all the formatting, leaving you to reformat your message again.

Moving to the web outlook is an unreasonable ask, as the user should not have to redo their entire daily workflow to accomodate a plugin that is advertised as Mac compatible. Until it's fixed, it's not.

AJV
Participant

SOLVE
No, nothing. In fact when I do what you say you’ve been doing as a workaround, the plug-in changes the formatting of the email - removes all indents, bullets and numbers.

I was told by support to use a Outlook on the web or windows. I don’t think that qualifies as supporting Mac.
0 Upvotes
djaytch99
Participant

SOLVE

I think it goes back to the age old problem that Microsoft doesn't view Macs with the same regard it does windows leading to a less-than-perfect user experience.  Perhaps they think that if there are enough issues, we will switch to a Windows machine!  Fat chance! Thanks for your response and good luck!

DJH

0 Upvotes
LeeChapoton
Solution
Contributor

SOLVE

As promised, here are some troubleshooting steps provided by HubSpot Support. 

Thank you for reaching out to HubSpot Support. I understand that your sales extension is causing issues in your email inbox. Just to clarify and confirm, are you using the Outlook desktop add-in or the Office 365 add-in? If you are using the Outlook desktop add-in, these are some troubleshooting steps we can take a look at:

1. Check to see if there are conflicting plugins installed
    1. Go to File > Options > Add-ins and click GO at the bottom of the screen
    2. Uncheck the boxes next to the other plugins and click OK
    3. See if HubSpot enables and works
  2. A slow network while using Outlook on a PC can definitely slow things down so let's make sure it's not an issue with your network speed.
  3. If you are using an Exchange account or an Office 365 account, ensure that Cached Exchange Mode enabled.
  4. Does the friction happen when the Track box is checked? When the user clicks the New Email button? Try to see if anything in particular causes this.
LeeChapoton
Contributor

SOLVE

Thanks @AJV  for your original post. We're experiencing the same issue with the Sales Extension regardless of Mac or Windows, Outlook 365 for the web or desktop app.

I submitted a HubSpot Support Ticket, referencing this thread as well as another to do with the extension causing Outlook to respond slowly while composing emails. Outlook very slow when logged in with Outlook sales addin

Once I hear back from Support, I'll try to remember to update this thread.

Cheers,

Lee

0 Upvotes
JessicaH
HubSpot Alumni
HubSpot Alumni

SOLVE

Hi @AJV,

It looks like you have connected with HubSpot Technical Support regarding this matter. As troubleshooting this further will involve sharing information specific to your account, partnering with them will be the best next step.

Take care!

Jess

Wusstest du, dass es auch eine DACH-Community gibt?
Nimm an regionalen Unterhaltungen teil, in dem du deine Spracheinstellungen änderst !

Did you know that the Community is available in other languages?
Join regional conversations by changing your language settings !

0 Upvotes