Outlook Sales Extension

AH4991

Outlook Extension not automatically populating information fields when adding contacts

SOLVE

Hi there! When I go to add a contact to HubSpot from my Outlook extension, it isn't taking the information from the contacts signature to automatically populate the contact fields. Is there a simple fix in the settings for this?

0 Upvotes
1 Accepted solution
AH4991
Solution

Outlook Extension not automatically populating information fields when adding contacts

SOLVE
0 Upvotes
5 Replies 5
AH4991
Solution

SOLVE

Thanks @Josh your response led me to find this page which solved everything: https://knowledge.hubspot.com/connected-email/automatically-populate-contact-properties-with-hubspot...

0 Upvotes
Josh
Recognized Expert | Platinum Partner

SOLVE

@AH4991,

Awesome. My apologies...for some reason I thought you already had that resource.

Happy to hear your issues are cleared up! 

Did this post help solve your problem? If so, please mark it as a solution.

Josh Curcio

HubSpot support and inbound marketing for OEMs, contract manufacturers, and industrial suppliers.
HubSpot Platinum Partner & HubSpot Certified Trainer

Josh

SOLVE

Hi @AH4991,

Sorry, I modified my response. I thought I got to it before you read. 

I was under the impression that these were pulled from the HubSpot database vs. reading the signature. After reviewing further, I see you were correct...the AI tool should scan.

Aside from the article you already referenced, I did find this post that recommends clearing cache. Have you tried that? 

Josh Curcio

HubSpot support and inbound marketing for OEMs, contract manufacturers, and industrial suppliers.

AH4991

SOLVE

Hi @Josh,

Thank you so much for your quick response! Just so I am understanding correctly, HubSpot plug-in for outlook will not automatically populate the contact fields when adding a contact through Outlook.

I was under the impression that HubSpot can use AI to read emails to fill in data? An old colleague had the information below in a little "how-to" guide they created but we can't find this setting anymore, has it now gone?

Screenshot 2021-07-07 at 16.26.13.png

Ailish

0 Upvotes
Josh

SOLVE

I didn't realize that it was supposed to scan the signature. You learn something new every day! Not sure how to solve this issue.

Josh Curcio