Outlook Sales Extension

HarryPerry

Outlook Email Integration Questions

I am new to hubspot and having issues with email integration and logging. I am using outlook and have just upgraded my mail box to an exchange. I have added this email account to my 'personal email' section within hubspot. When I send emails from this account in outlook, the email does not log with the relevant contact in Hubspot. Am I missing something?

Second question is this - 

If I use the auto BCC and auto forward function for logging emails, this automtically creates a contact if the email address is not currently in hubspot as a contact. Can this be disabled? It works well however is not workable for us as we get junk/spam emails daily which we do not want contacts automaically created for. 

Thanks in advance.

0 Upvotes
3 Replies 3
HarryPerry

Hi TomasVR,

Do you have any further ideas on what I can do below?

Thanks Harry

Thanks, Harry 

0 Upvotes
TomasVR

For your first question, make sure you have the HubSpot Sales Outlook add-in installed and properly configured. This add-in allows for email logging and contact association.

Regarding your second question, you can disable the auto-creation of contacts for emails that are not currently in HubSpot. Go to your HubSpot settings, select "Email," then "Log and track," and uncheck the option for "Automatically create and associate contacts." This will prevent automatic contact creation for spam/junk emails.

Hope this helps!

0 Upvotes
HarryPerry

Hi TomasVR, thank you for your response.

Regarding the outlook integration, I have installed this and can confirm this is running and working with the contact association (brining up contact, deal info etc...) as a pop up on the side. I have the following settings ticked and assumer this is correct? Hubspot.JPGI have added my personal email account into hubspot like this and it all connects ok? Hubspot 2.JPG

Regarding the second issue, apologies if I am missing this but I cannot see the option you are refering too. Could you send me a screen shot if possible?

Thanks again in advance.

0 Upvotes