Outlook Sales Extension

christra

Outlook Desktop Sidebar View

SOLVE

Hey,

I installed the HubSpot Outlook Integration (Desktop, Windows 10) and it works pretty fine, if I open an email manually (by double clicking). But within the normal view (if the content is displayed on the right side of outlook, or below the messages) the hubspot sales sidebar doesn't show up.

I already tried to configure something, checked different view modes within outlook and seached for a solution, but couldn't find something helpul. To manually open every email by double-clicking it, is not as comfortable as having the sidebar directly visible (like e.g. the zoho sidebar).

Thanks a lot for possible help and best regards,

Christoph

1 Accepted solution
AdamLPW
Solution
Key Advisor

SOLVE

@Bacho,

If you're using the Office365 desktop add-in, you should have a "Pin" icon on the sidebar, which looks like this:

Annotation 2020-07-01 171745.png

Clicking on the pin will cause the sidebar to remain expanded and show automatically when opening Outlook  or switching to a different email.  

Hope this helps.

Did my post help answer your query? Help the Community by marking it as a solution
"The rest of my advice has no basis more reliable than my own meandering experience. I will dispense this experience... now!"

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4
Bacho
Participant

SOLVE

Did anyone find solution for this? 

0 Upvotes
AdamLPW
Solution
Key Advisor

SOLVE

@Bacho,

If you're using the Office365 desktop add-in, you should have a "Pin" icon on the sidebar, which looks like this:

Annotation 2020-07-01 171745.png

Clicking on the pin will cause the sidebar to remain expanded and show automatically when opening Outlook  or switching to a different email.  

Hope this helps.

Did my post help answer your query? Help the Community by marking it as a solution
"The rest of my advice has no basis more reliable than my own meandering experience. I will dispense this experience... now!"
jennysowyrda
Community Manager
Community Manager

SOLVE

Hi @christra,

Thank you for your feedback and sharing what you are experiencing! 

One recommendation I have would be to follow the steps outlined in this article. Additionally, I would recommend going through the steps here.

If you are still experiencing an issue after following those steps, can you please share screenshots of what you are seeing? 

Thank you,
Jenny

0 Upvotes
Beaky

SOLVE

I have a similar problem. Once the sidebar is open in default Inbox view, how can I lock it there? If I click to view a different email the sidebar closes, and I have to click the HubSpot icon again to open the sidebar again. It's a pain and slows me down a lot!

0 Upvotes