Outlook Sales Extension

rgibby32
Miembro

Outlook Desktop Sales addin issue

resolver

When I send emails from Outlook, Hubspot adds a wierd header <https://t.sidekickopen....

This seems new and is causing email not to get delievered.  

HS issue - pic.png

0 Me gusta
1 Soluciones aceptada
AdamLPW
Solución
Asesor destacado

resolver

Hi @rgibby32,

When you send an email from HubSpot there are hidden tracking "images" in the email.  HubSpot checks on "opens" for these emails by testing if these images have been displayed.

It looks like these hidden images (or their URLs) are somehow appearing on your email previews...

To test my theory, try unchecking the "Track email" option and emailing yourself.  The email should still be logged to HS (using BCC), but I reckon these tracking URLs (if that IS what they are) should no longer appear.  

Do you have any body text in the email and/or subject?  I'm pretty sure the add-in is designed in such a way that the hidden images will never be the first thing in the email, which (it would appear) is your issue here. 

Did my post help answer your query? Help the Community by marking it as a solution
"The rest of my advice has no basis more reliable than my own meandering experience. I will dispense this experience... now!"

Ver la solución en mensaje original publicado

0 Me gusta
1 Respuesta 1
AdamLPW
Solución
Asesor destacado

resolver

Hi @rgibby32,

When you send an email from HubSpot there are hidden tracking "images" in the email.  HubSpot checks on "opens" for these emails by testing if these images have been displayed.

It looks like these hidden images (or their URLs) are somehow appearing on your email previews...

To test my theory, try unchecking the "Track email" option and emailing yourself.  The email should still be logged to HS (using BCC), but I reckon these tracking URLs (if that IS what they are) should no longer appear.  

Do you have any body text in the email and/or subject?  I'm pretty sure the add-in is designed in such a way that the hidden images will never be the first thing in the email, which (it would appear) is your issue here. 

Did my post help answer your query? Help the Community by marking it as a solution
"The rest of my advice has no basis more reliable than my own meandering experience. I will dispense this experience... now!"
0 Me gusta