Hola! ¡Tenemos nuestra Comunidad en Español!

Outlook 365 extension endless login loop

New Contributor

We set up Hubspot CRM and Sales free version, with me as the super admin and my co-founder as another admin.  I was able to install and log-in to the extension with no problem.  However when my co-founder attempts to login, he is just redirected right back to the login screen with no error message.  This same thing happens regardless of whether he tries to log-in through the Outlook desktop application, or through the Outlook 365 web app.

We have tried clearing cookies on all browsers as well as running a repair on Outlook with no success.

15 Replies 15
Community Manager

Hello @ack210

Please see this article for further troubleshooting tips and a means of contacting HubSpot Support if you are still stuck with log in issues: https://knowledge.hubspot.com/articles/kcs_article/account/why-can-t-i-log-into-hubspot

0 Upvotes
Occasional Contributor

Ive got the same problem - no solution works. No re-Installations, restarts, logins, etc. 

Any solution to this? The login-link replied to your post doesnt work for me. 

Thanks

0 Upvotes
New Contributor

I don't think the link is really relevant to the issue anyway since we were able to log-in fine to the account on hubspot.com.  We managed to get the Outlook Desktop plug-in working (which is different than the Office 365 one).  Honestly I think the desktop version is better anyway (assuming you're not relying on having it work on Outlook webmail as well), so I'd recommend trying that. 

0 Upvotes
New Contributor

I have this same problem with the Safari browser. 

But with Chrome it seems to work.

0 Upvotes
Highlighted
Occasional Contributor

I have the same issue as the OP. I can login to hubspot.com just fine but logging in via the O365 extension is an endless loop:

- install extension

- click hubspot icon

- get log in fields (enter username/password)

- enter credentials

- click log in button

- ... returned back to log in field (enter username/password)

hm...

0 Upvotes
New Contributor

I have this problem too. Has anyone been able to solve it yet?

0 Upvotes
Community Manager

Hi @FintechJamie,

Can you please share what troubleshooting you have done so far? Did you follow the steps in the article @roisinkirby linked? (also linked here).

The more information, screenshots and details you can provide, the better the Community can assist!

Thanks,
Jenny

Did my post help answer your query? Help the Community by marking it as a solution
0 Upvotes
New Contributor

So Roisin's answer doesn't actually address the problem that is stated in the OPs question.

As per the original post, here's what's happening:

I am not having an issue logging into Hubspot on the web through Chrome, Safari or any other type of browser.

I am having an issue logging into the HubSpot Outlook 365 extension. This is what I would like to resolve too.

The installation of the extension works without a problem, but when I enter my credentials, it returns me to the Sign In screen instead of the expected outcome. The screenshots below should help illustrate what I see.

Step One: Step1.PNGStep 1Step2.PNGStep 2

Step3.PNGStep 3Step4.PNGStep 4

Ad Nauseum...

I've un-installed and re-installed the extension to try and fix it but that's all.

0 Upvotes
New Contributor

Hi Fintech, I simply "solved" it by using Chrome whenever I want to use the HubSpot plugin in the browser. Doesn't work still for Safari, just tried.

Occasional Contributor

Did you get a fix as I have the same problem? I put in my email and password all ok then try to put in the correct authenticator  code and back  to the  login screen 

0 Upvotes
Occasional Contributor

@jennysowyrda

Could someone from HubSpot please actually adress this issue? Or did anyone else find a solution?

@ack210 and @FintechJamie gave good explanations of the issue. 

I'm having this issue on the Safari web browser for a client.

Thank you!

0 Upvotes
Occasional Contributor

in the end, I just removed the 2 stage authentication. 

0 Upvotes
New Contributor

In my set-up scenario I didn't have 2FA activated either. I never solved this issue in the end.

0 Upvotes
Visitor

Hey ack210, 

I found the solution: 

Settings > Integrations > Email integrations > Connect an inbox* > Choose Office365 > login > Download Extension or click no thanks > Open you emailsystem > click on the HubSpot icon > DONE!!!

connect an inbox.png

New Contributor

I have exactly the same problem.. 

0 Upvotes