Outlook Sales Extension

kenfee
Participant

Outlook 2020 for Mac Add in doesnt work anymore

SOLVE

Just had my outlook update to 2020 and the Outlook add in is no longer there.  I dont seem to have the ability to re-install the add in.  Anyone been through this already?

1 Accepted solution
pcalegari
Solution
HubSpot Employee
HubSpot Employee

SOLVE

Hi @stenman16 @TiphaineCuisset just wanted to chime in here, I was the technical support rep that helped @kenfee solve the issue he was having and it was that in his case when outlook updated all his connected apps were hidden and he had to edit the outlook dashboard to make them appear and be active again in his outlook app for mac. 

View solution in original post

20 Replies 20
pcalegari
Solution
HubSpot Employee
HubSpot Employee

SOLVE

Hi @stenman16 @TiphaineCuisset just wanted to chime in here, I was the technical support rep that helped @kenfee solve the issue he was having and it was that in his case when outlook updated all his connected apps were hidden and he had to edit the outlook dashboard to make them appear and be active again in his outlook app for mac. 

stenman16
Participant

SOLVE

Can you walk me through how to edit the "Outlook dashboard?" I'm not able to figure out how to do that. I also can't locate a screen on the Oulook for Mac app with a toolbar that resembles what @kenfee posted. Thanks!

0 Upvotes
stenman16
Participant

SOLVE

@TiphaineCuisset or @pcalegari , following up on this... could still use your help. Thanks!

TiphaineCuisset
Community Manager
Community Manager

SOLVE

Hi @stenman16 

Could you try uninstalling and re-installing the add-in by following those steps and installing again by following those steps

If this is still not working can you send me screenshots of what you're seeing? You can do that with the little camera button. 

Thank you!

Tiphaine

Saviez vous que la Communauté est disponible en français?
Rejoignez les discussions francophones en changeant votre langue dans les paramètres !

Did you know that the Community is available in other languages?
Join regional conversations by changing your language settings !

stenman16
Participant

SOLVE

I'm having trouble with the camera button - won't let me browse for a file to upload and I'm not sure if the file paths I pasted work.

Bottom line, my settings menu does not have the option to "Manage add-ins" as shown in your links. Not for Outlook on the web or Oulook Desktop...

Outlook for Web, Office 365, Settings Menu Outlook for Web, Office 365, Settings MenuOutlook for the web Office 365, settings menu

0 Upvotes
stenman16
Participant

SOLVE

There we go! Now it gave me an upload option...

Screen Shot 2020-10-19 at 8.19.42 AM.png

0 Upvotes
TiphaineCuisset
Community Manager
Community Manager

SOLVE

Hi @stenman16 

Thanks for this. When you click on View all Outlook Settings, can you see Manage Add-Ins somewhere? 

From the article I sent you before (this one) did you try the second option to uninstall (starting with If you're using the add-in in your Outlook desktop app on a Mac...)? If so, can you also send me a screenshot of what you're seeing? 

Thank you!

Tiphaine

Rejoignez les discussions francophones en changeant votre langue dans les paramètres !

stenman16
Participant

SOLVE

@TiphaineCuisset , no, "Manage add-ins" is nowhere to be found. And I'm not seeing anything like the help articles in my Outlook desktop, either. Screen shots of what I'm seeing, below...

Screen Shot 2020-10-20 at 9.13.45 AM.pngScreen Shot 2020-10-20 at 9.13.26 AM.png

Screen Shot 2020-10-20 at 9.14.36 AM.png

TiphaineCuisset
Community Manager
Community Manager

SOLVE

Hi @stenman16 

Thank you for the screenshots!

There are several things you can check now.

1. First of all, would you mind checking if there is no Outlook updates (Help > Check for Updates) - Users have made appear the store icon in the past by following this

2. It's also possible this version does not support add-in. Microsoft has documented that this version of Outlook does not support add-ins. More information and steps to follow can be found here. Check which version of Outlook you have by going to File > Office Account. Next to the "About Outlook" button, there should be a Version number and then in parenthesis, it would say Microsoft Store. If the first option does not work, can you send me a screenshot of your Outlook version? 

Thank you!

0 Upvotes
stenman16
Participant

SOLVE

@TiphaineCuisset , 

1. There are no updates available

2. The link you provided is for Windows 10 - as mentioned before, I am running Outlook for Mac. There is no option for "Office Account" in my File menu. Under the Outlook menu and "About Outlook" I see that I am running Microsoft Outlook for Mac Version 16.42 (20101102)

Screen Shot 2020-10-21 at 8.29.09 AM.png

But what about Outlook for the web and the fact I can't access any add-ins there?

Thanks 

0 Upvotes
TiphaineCuisset
Community Manager
Community Manager

SOLVE

Hi @stenman16 

Thank you for the screenshot. 
When you are on Outlook on the Web, if you click on the New Message button, it'll open up a compose window. In that compose view toolbar, there should be a little "..." button.  (see below screenshot)
If you click that, do you see the "Get Add-ins" option? If so, you can install our add-in there. If you have the same O365 account set up in Outlook for Mac, it should appear in that program, too. 

Compose outlook.png

If you don't have the Get Add-ins button, it's possible your IT team disabled add-ins on your account. So I'd recommend reaching out to your IT team to make sure add-ins are allowed for your org.

Thank you!

Tiphaine

stenman16
Participant

SOLVE

@TiphaineCuisset , that worked for Outlook for web! However, it is still not showing up in the Outlook for Mac desktop app.

stenman16
Participant

SOLVE

@TiphaineCuisset finally got it to work again on the Outlook for Mac Desktop app! Had to check the box for "Enable optional connected experiences" in Preferences --> Privacy. Thanks for the help!

Screen Shot 2020-10-28 at 10.23.38 AM.png

YHoffmann
Participant

SOLVE

I had the same problem. This solution worked, thank you.

TiphaineCuisset
Community Manager
Community Manager

SOLVE

Hi @stenman16 

Great! I'm glad we managed to make it work together!

Thank you for updating here and have a good day! 🙂 

Best, 

Tiphaine

kenfee
Participant

SOLVE

Just a quick point of clarificaiton, we had to be in an email that was being edited to get the plugin to be selectable.  

kenfee_0-1602773667695.png

TiphaineCuisset
Community Manager
Community Manager

SOLVE

Hi @kenfee & @stenman16 

Thank you for reaching out. 

Would you mind following the steps of these articles: 

Add-in pane not loading  

HubSpot Sales not appearing in Outlook inbox

@kenfee if this is still not working after this, I would recommend connecting with HubSpot Technical Support, as Support is included in your subscription and they will be able to provide real-time assistance for this matter, where you are able to share screenshots and further information about the matter you mentioned here.

@stenman16 if this is still not working, would you mind sending us screenshots of how your Outlook looks like, and if you get an error message to send that to us too. The more information you provide, the better the Community will be able to assist you. 

Thank you!

Tiphaine

stenman16
Participant

SOLVE

Tiphaine, thank you for the response. I followed the directions in the "add-in pane not working" link and have not seen any change in Outlook for the web. As for your second link, "HubSpot Sales not appearing in Outlook inbox," that seems to apply only for the PC version of Outlook; both kenfee and I were using Outlook for Mac. Again, the Hubspot add-in for Outlook for Mac was working a few days ago, but disappeared once I updated to the latest version of Outlook for Mac. I have taken screenshots. Where should I send these? Thank you

0 Upvotes
TiphaineCuisset
Community Manager
Community Manager

SOLVE

Thank you for sharing @pcalegari @kenfee !!

@stenman16 would you mind checking if you are running into the same issue @kenfee was experiencing (as you can see above)

If this is not the issue, you should be able to send me the screenshots here with the little camera button - if they have confidential content you can DM them to me! 

Best, 

Tiphaine

stenman16
Participant

SOLVE

I'm in the same boat - I used that add-in everyday and now it's just gone. I'm not able to get it to work on Office 365 Outlook for web, either.

0 Upvotes