Original Source does not show from bcc or log in CRM only shows offline source

Highlighted
Esteemed Contributor

I want to see that a contact was created using the bcc or log in crm tool through email extension; however, I can't find a way to do it. I found this link, but I don't have a list under contacts - is this not available for free HubSpot

https://knowledge.hubspot.com/articles/kcs_article/contacts/how-can-i-see-which-contacts-originated-...

My understanding was the original source would be populated based on, well, the original source Log in CRM, bcc - CRM, etc.

0 Upvotes
1 Reply 1
Highlighted
HubSpot Employee

Hello @lisat2m,

Thank you for your question.  Original Source, Original Source Drill-Down 1 and Original Source Drill-Down 2 should all provide different levels of how your contacts were created.  If a contact is created via an email that you chose to log in the CRM, the three Original Source properties should look like this:

Screen Shot 2017-02-01 at 8.19.16 AM.png

The link that you provided actually is outdated.  Drill-Down 2 no longer says BCC_TO_CRM, instead it will say GMAIL_INTEGRATION (or Outlook if you're using Outlook).  I reached out to our knowledge team to update the information in that link.

If you want to isolate contacts who were created via "Log in CRM", you can view all contacts, and add a filter on the left to show only contacts whose Contact property "Original Source Drill-Down 2" is equl to GMAIL_INTEGRATION.

Let me know if you have any questions.

Thank you,

Brett

0 Upvotes