Outlook Sales Extension

gelflex-cc
Key Advisor

Office 365 settings not staying

SOLVE

I am using Office 365 in Google Chrome. I have the all three extensions - Chrome, Outlook, Office 365. Ig using Outlook (not recommended by my Company) the sales tools work - emails are tracking and logged. When using Office 365, the widget is at the bottom of the screen and setting need to be checked for each email sent.  

How can this be adjusted as auttomation is desired over extra tasks. 

Screen shots in the reply

Thank you.

Chris

0 Upvotes
1 Accepted solution
jennysowyrda
Solution
Community Manager
Community Manager

SOLVE

Hi @gelflex-cc,

By sticky I just meant that the preferences you choose for "track" and "log" will remain selected until you change them. 

At this time, it is working as designed that in order to send tracked, and logged emails, the Sales Tools icon needs to be selected before sending an email. This is currently due to a limitation with how the Office 365 Add-in works with Microsoft. Our team has coordinated with Microsoft and while this may be a feature that is implemented in the future, this is working as expected.

Thanks,
Jenny

View solution in original post

0 Upvotes
7 Replies 7
gelflex-cc
Key Advisor

SOLVE

outlook 365 email extension.pngoffice 365 hubspot sales tools.pnglog and track settings.png

0 Upvotes
jennysowyrda
Community Manager
Community Manager

SOLVE

Hi @gelflex-cc,

Currently the set up for the extensions cannot be customized in this manner. 

Thank you,
Jenny

0 Upvotes
gelflex-cc
Key Advisor

SOLVE

Hi Jenny,

Thanks for responding. I am not sure what you mean. I have use HubSpot with Office 365 in the past and the settings were saved wiht no issue. I am not sure why they are not currently working.  

Thanks.

Chris

0 Upvotes
jennysowyrda
Community Manager
Community Manager

SOLVE

Hi @gelflex-cc,

Apologies if I misunderstood; are you looking to make the "log" and "track" options sticky? Currently they should set to the settings used of the previously sent email. 

If that is not what you are experiencing, please let me know (if you can send along screenshots of the changing settings as well, that would be great)!

Thanks,
Jenny

0 Upvotes
gelflex-cc
Key Advisor

SOLVE

Hi Jenny,

I am not sure what you mean by sticky. I want the setting to be consistent. I need to click on the widget at the bottom for each email set or it is not logged and tracked.  Please see picture above.

Thanks.

Chris

0 Upvotes
jennysowyrda
Solution
Community Manager
Community Manager

SOLVE

Hi @gelflex-cc,

By sticky I just meant that the preferences you choose for "track" and "log" will remain selected until you change them. 

At this time, it is working as designed that in order to send tracked, and logged emails, the Sales Tools icon needs to be selected before sending an email. This is currently due to a limitation with how the Office 365 Add-in works with Microsoft. Our team has coordinated with Microsoft and while this may be a feature that is implemented in the future, this is working as expected.

Thanks,
Jenny

0 Upvotes
gelflex-cc
Key Advisor

SOLVE

Thanks Jenny. I am not happy with the answer as it takes automation away. I am not used to having to select.

Chris