Outlook Sales Extension

GrapeApe
Participant

Office 365 Outlook add-in and email tracking with personalised domain

SOLVE

My question is a bit complex and seems to go round in circles, so bear with me..

I have a new Office 365 subscription (now MS365) which comes with a Premium Outlook @outlook.com mailbox. This lets me create alias email addresses at @mypersonaliseddomain.com to send/receive at the outlook.com mailbox. This 'personalised domain' is hosted at Netregistry.

I am using the Hubspot MS365 Outlook add-in (on Mac) but in order to track opens/clicks for @mypersonaliseddomain.com I am told that my MS365 subscription/licence needs to be under that same @mypersonaliseddomain.com email.

However I'm now told by Microsoft that in order for my @mypersonaliseddomain.com emails to work, my MS365 subscription/licence needs to be in the name of the original @outlook.com email.

In short, how can I get the Hubspot MS365 Outlook add-in to work if I have my MS365 subscription/licence with @outlook.com but need it to track my @mypersonaliseddomain.com alias emails?

Hope that makes sense.

Thanks in advance.

1 Accepted solution
PamCotton
Solution
Community Manager
Community Manager

SOLVE

Hello @GrapeApe 

I investigated more about it and looks like that, If your inbox is connected to HubSpot using Office 365 or IMAP, you cannot send emails from the CRM using an email aliasHowever, you can use the alias to send emails directly from your connected email inbox and log them to HubSpot using the BCC address or the HubSpot Sales email extension.  Are you using this feature?

The aliases are not automatically added when connecting your inbox with Office 365 or IMAP. Therefore, in order for emails sent from an alias to log, you must add the alias to your Profile & Preferences in HubSpot.

More information here

Kindly,

Pam 

Você sabia que a Comunidade está disponível em outros idiomas?
Participe de conversas regionais, alterando suas configurações de idioma !

Did you know that the Community is available in other languages?
Join regional conversations by changing your language settings !

View solution in original post

0 Upvotes
1 Reply 1
PamCotton
Solution
Community Manager
Community Manager

SOLVE

Hello @GrapeApe 

I investigated more about it and looks like that, If your inbox is connected to HubSpot using Office 365 or IMAP, you cannot send emails from the CRM using an email aliasHowever, you can use the alias to send emails directly from your connected email inbox and log them to HubSpot using the BCC address or the HubSpot Sales email extension.  Are you using this feature?

The aliases are not automatically added when connecting your inbox with Office 365 or IMAP. Therefore, in order for emails sent from an alias to log, you must add the alias to your Profile & Preferences in HubSpot.

More information here

Kindly,

Pam 

Você sabia que a Comunidade está disponível em outros idiomas?
Participe de conversas regionais, alterando suas configurações de idioma !

Did you know that the Community is available in other languages?
Join regional conversations by changing your language settings !

0 Upvotes