Outlook Sales Extension

SeanFG
Participant

Neither automatic nor manual email logging is working

HubSpot will not log any emails sent manually to my @bcc.hubspot.com address or my @forward.hubspot.com address. (I have sent several test emails to these addresses and none of them have appeared anywhere within HubSpot.)

HubSpot also does not log any outgoing emails sent with the HubSpot for Office 365 add-in correctly activated. The only outgoing messages being logged are ones sent from within HubSpot.

Further details:

• We recently switched email provider to Microsoft Exchange
  • Hubspot for Office 365 is centrally deployed by organisation.
  • MS Exchange email account is connected as a channel in HubSpot conversations inbox. (Emails sent from within HubSpot are logged within the platform, and they also appear in the corresponding sent folder in both Outlook desktop and web apps).
  • In the HubSpot email logging settings, tracking is disabled but logging of email attachments is enabled.
  • The number in the HubSpot bcc and forwarding addresses appears to be correct - it is the same as our HubSpot account number.

How can this be fixed?

0 Upvotes
5 Replies 5
NicoleSengers
Guide | Elite Partner
Guide | Elite Partner

Hi @SeanFG 

You should technically be able to forward an email from any address without even having the add on installed and it should log to a new contact in hubspot. I have actually done it to accounts with just the forward address.

Have you logged a support query and asked them why you are having this issue?

Did my post help answer your query? Help the Community by marking it as a solution

Kind regards,
Nicole Sengers
SeanFG
Participant

Hi @NicoleSengers 

It seems I have misunderstood how HubSpot works. I have just discovered that outgoing emails including the bcc address have been logged after all, but they are not appearing in the "Sent" box in HubSpot as I expected. However, they are appearing in the indivudual contact's records.

Am I right in saying that outgoing emails are only stored in the Sent box if they have been composed and sent from within HubSpot? And is it the case that if nessages have been sent from outside HubSpot then can only be viewed by navigating to the relevant Contact's records and clicking on the Emails tab?

If you could help me clear up my confusion about this, I would be so grateful!

0 Upvotes
SeanFG
Participant

Hi @NicoleSengers 

I'm a Free CRM user so I have to rely on the Community and Knowledge Base to try and figure this out. It's very odd that using the forwarding/bcc addresses doesn't work. The messages seem to be disappearing somewhere in cyberspace. There must be some issue going on in the background. I will just have to send all messages directly from HubSpot in the meantime if I want them to be logged. Thanks for your suggestions.

0 Upvotes
NicoleSengers
Guide | Elite Partner
Guide | Elite Partner

Hi @SeanFG 

I havent seen this happen before but you mentioned that you recently changed from one system to another.

I would suggest that perhaps you need to disconnect your inbox, uninstall the add in and try re-adding everything.

Although I am not sure because the forward should work even if the add in doesnt work.

Is this like this for all emails or for specific emails? Cause i know never log lists can ban certain domains from logging, even if you ask them to be logged.

Good luck getting this sorted out.

Did my post help answer your query? Help the Community by marking it as a solution

Kind regards,
Nicole Sengers
SeanFG
Participant

Hi @NicoleSengers 

This has been happening for all emails.

And previously, no outgoing emails sent from desktop Outlook were automatically logged with the previous email provider either, so it seems that the issue is independent of who the email provider is.

I have just disconnected the inbox and reconnected to HubSpot again but it still does not log outgoing emails, and the forwarding email addresses still do not work when used manually. There does seem to be something wrong with how Hubspot is routing external emails sent to those addresses.

Do you have any other suggestions at all?

0 Upvotes