Outlook Sales Extension

JACJ

Multiple outlook accounts

SOLVE

Hi,

I am useing HubSpot Sales outlook extension. 

In my outlook I have sevral email accounts and I dont want HubSpot to automaticly track email sent from all of them.

I have tried looking diffrend places for a soulution but I can not seem to find a solution for how you only turn HubSport extention on for a single account and not alle accounts in outlook.

A work around for now is to either sign out of the extension or remove it enterly and add the bcc manualy.

Does anyone have a soulution for this case?

1 Accepted solution
PamCotton
Solution
Community Manager
Community Manager

SOLVE

Hello @GBoas,  I was able to investigate more about it, and currently, HubSpot offers multiple inbox connection options. You can connect one single email address to two different HubSpot accounts, but you can also connect two inboxes into one single HubSpot accounts. At the moment we don't have a feature to switch between accounts. The best solution is deactivating the sales plugging and using the HubSpot BCC email in the email you would like to track.

I would highly recommend you to please post this idea at our ideas forum (here).

Our product team, who monitors the forum regularly, can read your specific use case and understand why this would be a useful functionality or change. It also helps other customers facing the same issue to advocate for its implementation on your behalf by upvoting on the thread as well.

Kindly,

Pam

Você sabia que a Comunidade está disponível em outros idiomas?
Participe de conversas regionais, alterando suas configurações de idioma !

Did you know that the Community is available in other languages?
Join regional conversations by changing your language settings !

View solution in original post

63 Replies 63
hludwig

SOLVE

Would love to find a solution for this as I am expirencing the same issue!!!!

0 Upvotes
GlennW
Participant

SOLVE

Hello Pam, my colleagues and I all have two emails that we send email from, for two different parts of the our business. I have not found that we can log emails sent from our secondary email. Please let me know the way to do this as you have stated above that it can be done. 

0 Upvotes
jkhoury
Participant

SOLVE

Hubspot SERIOUSLY you guys need to fix this!! you can see endless people complaining about this and needing to ONLY TRACK one mailbox, once you install the extension it tracks ALL inboxes, from different domains, i own multiple business and i do not want the add on to BCC any accounts which i dont want it to Bcc hubspot in.

You say put this on the forum but really isnt getting attention, every single person here wants this , signing in and out is INSANITY and your system is created to assist customers, maybe if everyone sends a message to the CEO they may actually listen!!!

the add on tracks all mailboxes, it should have facility to track only one

you are tracking multiple businesses of mine which go into hubspot for everyone to see if i dont activate the plug in , 

this is the exact reason well move to salesforce, you do not listen yet you have 49 replies to this issue and this is just the people who bothered to complain 

GaryTesta
Contributor

SOLVE

I think you missed the question here, the fact is that you can't log out of individual accounts in Outlook.  Once you install the Hubspot add-in for Outlook it will monitor ALL of the email accounts that are set up in Outlook and there is no way to have it only track ONE email address.   

This is the whole point of this thread and request!

We want HubSpot to add the ability to configure the HubSpot add-in to only monitor specific email address when its loaded into Outlook.

TDIV
Participant

SOLVE

Exactly! There is no way to designate what email accounts to track and log. It's allor nothing.

DTR
Participant

SOLVE

Does HS has any plans to fix this, or if other systems have gone where HS can't?

Just put on a new sales person and guess what, she has 2 accounts which will prevent me from seeing her emails.

What a CROCK

REVrides

SOLVE

+3. Our team needs this as well. We each have multiple Outlook emails (office 365). I don't want to track my personal account but I do want to track each business account separately. 

Thank for the attention.  

GW1
Participant

SOLVE

This doesn't work if you work for multiple charities and have a day job and private email accounts. You will be logging in and out all the time!

FODMAPEveryday
Participant

SOLVE

I have the same issue - I want only ONE email account out of 4 to be actively integrated with HubSpot in my Outlook. Please find a solution for this or the integration extension is burdensome rather than fabulous - which in theory and practice on the email account I want it to be active in is! 

Please prioritize this! Thanks. 

GBoas
Participant

SOLVE

Not sure why this simple and important request does not get the attention from HS! It was overlooked and the community is telling them the feature to select an email account is missing! HS listen to your customers...

Joni

SOLVE

Do you mean to sign out of the emails I don't want HubSpot CRM to connect with and then sign back in again - that will stop HubSpot from connecting with them?

0 Upvotes
jennysowyrda
Community Manager
Community Manager

SOLVE

Hi @Joni,

The point of signing out would be to prevent the emails from being tracked and logged to your CRM. If that isn't your end goal, then please let me know what is and we can find you the proper thread to connect with.

Thanks,
Jenny

Joni

SOLVE

Thanks for your reply, Jenny. 

My goal is to be able to use my Outlook normally without HubSpot connecting with my personal email, only my business email. 

Joni

guidaly1
Contributor

SOLVE

+1 - Outlook extension would be great with the ability to pick the email to be tracked, at the moment it's useless for who has more than one email. Logging out everytime you send an email from a different account? Unacceptable for me, I have 8 accounts and only one should be tracked.

Please correct this issue.

GBoas
Participant

SOLVE

Completely agree with this post. It is a simple implementation to choose which account to use with Hubspot.

MarcDugas
Participant

SOLVE

Hi, it is also possible by deactivating the tracking for your mails (in the settings of the outlook extension) and send them with the BCC Hubspot option or forward a mail to HubSpot with the forwarding option. You can find this options in your settings, email , email integration "log & track"

Kind Regards 

Marc

0 Upvotes
richmcadams

SOLVE

Marc, I'm sorry... which Settings are you referencing? Where do I find these? 

0 Upvotes
MarcDugas
Participant

SOLVE
Hi as i wrote, you can deactivate the tracking options in your outlook plugin. if you want to track these mails without the plugin, you can send an email with your hubspot BCC Adress in copy. Kind regards Marc
TDIV
Participant

SOLVE

I have deactivated the tracking and it does not solve the problem with multiple accounts. It is probably the logging feature, since it adds the Hubspot email in the BCC to all outgoing mail, regardless of the account. This is a weakness of the extension; it doesn't allow you to indicate the account among multiple accounts to log or track.

PamCotton
Community Manager
Community Manager

SOLVE

HI @richmcadams ,  @MarcDugas  is referring to the settings in outlook ( more information here

Kindly,

Pam

Você sabia que a Comunidade está disponível em outros idiomas?
Participe de conversas regionais, alterando suas configurações de idioma !

Did you know that the Community is available in other languages?
Join regional conversations by changing your language settings !

SWTS
Participant

SOLVE

I am in the same situation and have more than 8 email accounts and I only want Hub to track 1 of the 8. 

It looks like it is a limitation of the outlook plugin. It can do all or none, which is ridiculous. 

Do we know for sure, that if we delete the BCC in a non-connected email, if it still tracks?

It is very annoying, because it still pops up, but again i think that is because of it being all or none with outlook. If it doesn't track it, that might be an easy work around for now, but still stinks!