Outlook Sales Extension

JACJ
Membre

Multiple outlook accounts

Résolue

Hi,

I am useing HubSpot Sales outlook extension. 

In my outlook I have sevral email accounts and I dont want HubSpot to automaticly track email sent from all of them.

I have tried looking diffrend places for a soulution but I can not seem to find a solution for how you only turn HubSport extention on for a single account and not alle accounts in outlook.

A work around for now is to either sign out of the extension or remove it enterly and add the bcc manualy.

Does anyone have a soulution for this case?

1 Solution acceptée
PamCotton
Solution
Gestionnaire de communauté

Résolue

Hello @GBoas,  I was able to investigate more about it, and currently, HubSpot offers multiple inbox connection options. You can connect one single email address to two different HubSpot accounts, but you can also connect two inboxes into one single HubSpot accounts. At the moment we don't have a feature to switch between accounts. The best solution is deactivating the sales plugging and using the HubSpot BCC email in the email you would like to track.

I would highly recommend you to please post this idea at our ideas forum (here).

Our product team, who monitors the forum regularly, can read your specific use case and understand why this would be a useful functionality or change. It also helps other customers facing the same issue to advocate for its implementation on your behalf by upvoting on the thread as well.

Kindly,

Pam

Você sabia que a Comunidade está disponível em outros idiomas?
Participe de conversas regionais, alterando suas configurações de idioma !

Did you know that the Community is available in other languages?
Join regional conversations by changing your language settings !

Voir la solution dans l'envoi d'origine

63 Réponses
RalfMetz
Participant

Résolue

5 years later and still no solution.

I guess it's quite common for various reasons to use Microsoft Outlook for different email accounts (different companies, projects, private email addresses).

And from my very basic understanding, it shouldn't be too hard to just disable tracking for specific accounts.

airwolfke
Contributeur

Résolue

I believe this has been resolved. With the new update I'm now able to track several email accounts with different domains...

0 Votes
RalfMetz
Participant

Résolue

@airwolfke As I understand it, I have to decide whether to go all in (track all email accounts) or not. So I can't exclude a particular email account. Can you?

airwolfke
Contributeur

Résolue

From what I read I believe the most of the comments above talk about automatic tracking of ALL emails. This feature is not enabled for me since I want to be able to assign certain emails to certain deals, tickets, and so on. So for each email I click the hubspot sales add-in and click log and the required deal/person/ticket. Just only BCC it won't place it in the correct location. I had one major HS account with 2 subaccounts for 2 seperate emailboxes/projects in Outlook this gave the issue that I can't switch in Outlook, you need to select one of these accounts and can't use them both, can't understand why they are not solving this.

I have figured a solution for this problem, it's not ideal but it works.

Instead of making 2 accounts under one domain, which makes it easy to switch. I have created 2 seperate accounts, now it's possible to use 2 email accounts for 2 hubspot accounts/projects.

It's not ideal but it works. Email isn't tracked automatically, for every email I click the hubspot sales plugin and I click if I want to log the email and assign a destination of the email.

I hope they find a solution for this in the near future!

kvlschaefer

Résolue

Thank you for sharing this workaround, @airwolfke

TinaPryka
Contributeur

Résolue

Really hoping for a solution to this. We have a salesperson from an outsourced company. He had your extension for his employer but we also need it for when he's working on our leads/clients. Otherwise no data comes through and we are left in the dark until I connect with him  one on one. 

0 Votes
TRizvi
Participant

Résolue

I have added another entry to the Forum for the following feature request:

I use the HubSpot Sales extension in Outlook365 for Mac, where I have several work email accounts (yes, I work for multiple companies at the same time, as is pretty common these days) in a unified Inbox.  I would like HubSpot to track emails sent from one email to automatically link with the Hub_ID for that company vs. emails send from another one to link with the Hub_ID for the other company.  The extension seems to automatically recognize the two emails (I have over 7 in my unified Inbox) addresses that have Hub_IDs associated with them, so I imagine this could be a pretty easy feature for Hubspot to implement.  Turning off the extension and using the BCC is an impractical workaround.

FGundlach
Contributeur

Résolue

I have opened a thread in the ideas forum about this topic: https://community.hubspot.com/t5/HubSpot-Ideas/Exclude-mail-account-from-Outlook-Extension/idi-p/491.... Maybe there someone will actually escalate this feature.

donaceli
Participant

Résolue

Hello,

I also have multiple email accounts in Outlooks. Has there been any progress towards being able to select which account's emails to track or this must be done by removing the HubSpot email from BCC? Thanks.

PamCotton

Résolue

Hello @donaceli currently, our recommendation to log out and into the different accounts when you do/don't want to log. The other option is to not use the extension and instead manually use the BCC address when you want to log an email.

I hope this information helps.

Pam

0 Votes
JGutterman
Participant

Résolue

Hello, I am evaluating Hubspot, and I ran into this issue.  It is a deal breaker, so now we are looking at other solutions after seeing this thread with the clear implication that Hubspot is not going to fix this.  I cannot be copying in the bcc, nor can I log in and out.  The unwillingness of Hubspot to address this critical issue informs me that Hubspot is not reliable, and thus I cannot build any solutions on top of an unreliable vendor.  We are deeply disappointed as we are associated with a Platinum Member that was going to help us, now we will have to go it alone given the lack of proper support for Outlook.

If you reconsider and take the hour or two it will require to implement this feature, I will gladly sign up, but as it is we must seek a solution that works with multiple Outlook accounts.

KKelsen
Participant

Résolue

This is pretty xxxxx. I work for two separate companies, as do many people in order to live these days. I cannot have one company tracking the data and emails of another. How has this not been fixed by 2021??? One of my companies just switched to your CRM and I was going to bring it on for the other company as well, now I will not and I plan to look for alternatives for both companies. It is insulting that you are choosing not to listen to your clients and address this issue after 4 years of complaints. 

PamCotton

Résolue

Hello @KKelsen, thank you for your feedback,  I would like to apologize for the frustrations, data issues, and business impact this has caused.  As I mentioned previously at the moment there is not a way to do this with multiple outlook accounts. The best solution we recommend is deactivating the sales extension and using the HubSpot BCC email in the email you would like to track.

I would highly recommend you to please post this idea at our ideas forum (here). I can help to updvote the idea.

Our product team, who monitors the forum regularly, can read your specific use case and understand why this would be a useful functionality or change. It also helps other customers facing the same issue to advocate for its implementation on your behalf by upvoting on the thread as well.

Thank you,

Pam

ChrisG1
Participant

Résolue

Please stop insulting us as if this is an actual, feasible work around.  It is not.  Please stop asking us to upvote the issue.  Just freaking fix it for God's sake.  

jdunton
Participant | Partenaire solutions Diamond
Participant | Partenaire solutions Diamond

Résolue

We are a Hubspot agency partner (https://eniture.com/) and we often do custom software work for our clients.  We are looking at developing an Outlook Client plugin for a prospect to solve the problem of not being able to select a specific email account to be tracked by Hubspot which means all email accounts including personal emails get tracked by Hubspot.  As far as we can tell, the only solution now is to enter the a hubspot email address in the bcc field when you want a specific email tracked.  Please email me if you would like to be kept up-to-date on our progress. .  Thank you.

Chip-Burris
Membre

Résolue

Hey jdunton.  I did not see anything about it on your website.  Have you guys made any progress ? 

0 Votes
davidrmartin77
Participant

Résolue

After pestering Hubspot support, I learned a few key things:

a) the Outlook client type is key: I have a desktop (Windoze 10) application called Outlook. But it is actually Microsoft (formerly Office) 365 version called "Microsoft Outlook for Microsoft 365 MSO"

- the "Outlook desktop add-in" truly is for stand-alone (nothing to do with anything 365)

b) the "Office 365 add-in" works perfectly fine in said desktop application

- everything Hubspot Sales for the correct email account and nothing for the rest

c) the problem identified with the "outlook desktop add-in" has NOT be solved by Hubspot but it has been noticed

mikepaterson
Participant

Résolue

Presumably that only works for O365 accounts and not imap/gmail etc.?

0 Votes
herodotuseducat
Contributeur

Résolue

bingo man

0 Votes
Petasos
Participant

Résolue
+1 - dealbreaker for using the add-on. Please integrate an easy way to select the desired email account for logging/tracking mails. Thanks!