Outlook Sales Extension

JACJ

Multiple outlook accounts

SOLVE

Hi,

I am useing HubSpot Sales outlook extension. 

In my outlook I have sevral email accounts and I dont want HubSpot to automaticly track email sent from all of them.

I have tried looking diffrend places for a soulution but I can not seem to find a solution for how you only turn HubSport extention on for a single account and not alle accounts in outlook.

A work around for now is to either sign out of the extension or remove it enterly and add the bcc manualy.

Does anyone have a soulution for this case?

1 Accepted solution
PamCotton
Solution
Community Manager
Community Manager

SOLVE

Hello @GBoas,  I was able to investigate more about it, and currently, HubSpot offers multiple inbox connection options. You can connect one single email address to two different HubSpot accounts, but you can also connect two inboxes into one single HubSpot accounts. At the moment we don't have a feature to switch between accounts. The best solution is deactivating the sales plugging and using the HubSpot BCC email in the email you would like to track.

I would highly recommend you to please post this idea at our ideas forum (here).

Our product team, who monitors the forum regularly, can read your specific use case and understand why this would be a useful functionality or change. It also helps other customers facing the same issue to advocate for its implementation on your behalf by upvoting on the thread as well.

Kindly,

Pam

Você sabia que a Comunidade está disponível em outros idiomas?
Participe de conversas regionais, alterando suas configurações de idioma !

Did you know that the Community is available in other languages?
Join regional conversations by changing your language settings !

View solution in original post

63 Replies 63
PatvanAalst

SOLVE

I'm having exactly the same issue, having to untick track for every email I send that isn't on the account I want to track.

CraigF

SOLVE

JACJ,

I have the same issue. I have multiple email accounts in Outllook but I only want HubSpot to "Integrate" with one of them. I don't want Hubspot tracking my emails in my other accounts. If the addon for Outlook is not able to choose which account to work with and by default adds the BCC tracking to all new emails and tracks all incoming email to every account then I won't be using it.

Craig...

mnp

SOLVE

+1 on this one. I have four email accounts in Outlook for different organizations and I only want the emails for one of those organizations (the one that uses Hubspot) getting the Hubspot bcc -- tool is theoretically great but pratically useless without this (I'm in all four accounts simultaneously all day, can't be logging in and out for the benefit of the otherwise-awesome tool).

GaryTesta
Contributor

SOLVE

+1 On this.  We need the HubSpot Outlook connector to have a simple configuration option that allows us to designate which FROM: emails (email accounts in Outlook) are tracked and log and which are not.  This is really so simple and obvious that we need to get this on the feature request list.   

This nonsense about logging in and out is not an option, and deleting the tracking copy and unclicking all the check boxes is a terrible process.  Its becoming a huge problem in our company where we are having users simply rebel and not use the connector at all, many are simply pasting in the tracking email when they send, but we aren't capturing all the emails when they forget which is really often.  I can't demand they use the app because they say we are capturing and logging their personal emails in HubSpot which is exactly what is happening.

I'm actually worried this could become a legal issue where we have some say we are intentionally tracking their personal emails, when in fact we simply don't have a simple way of allow them to turn it off for personal emails.

And no I'm not going to demand they use another email program or app, that again isn't the way the world works.

We need the simple "Don't Log or Track from these accounts feature" in the outlook connector!

PLEASE!!!

DTR
Participant

SOLVE

Does anyone know if HS has any plans to fix this, or if other systems have gone where HS can't?

Just put on a new sales person and guess what, she has 2 accounts which will prevent me from seeing her emails.

0 Upvotes
BirdyChris68

SOLVE

I also have the same issue with 5 Outlook email addresses. Has there been a solution provided for this yet?

GaryTesta
Contributor

SOLVE

NO. Hubspot has simply chosen to ignore this problem.   They believe that signing in and out of Hubspot every time you send a problem is an acceptable solution, which it clearly is not.

The solution to this problem is BEYOND simple, they make the connector and the connector KNOWS exactly what email address is on the email they are pasting in the tracking information.   So turning it off is just a matter of checking the email and not pasting in the tracking info if that email address is not configured in the connector UI.

I'm really beginning to suspect that this has more to do with BILLING by the email address in the Hubspot system than anything else.   I recently did a quick review of all the emails in our system and  guess what over 30% of the emails were personal email addresses from our employees!   And I'm paying for the system to track personal emails not customers?

I'm sorry but that is simply unacceptable and also its a huge legal liability.

BirdyChris68

SOLVE

OK what a shame it's proving so difficult & the fact that you're a paying member of Hubspot?! I am also but not on this (Outlook 3665) account unfortunatley & therefore I cannot get any info regrading this direct, relevant to this email add-in issue. Please let me know here if you have any luck & all the best!

jerryjurden

SOLVE

Just installed today and ran into this same issue.  In order to use this I will have to remove my personal email from Outlook and check it using a separate email client until they get this fixed.  I don't understand why this isn't done yet.  It's probably literally 5 lines of code.

jdunton
Participant | Diamond Partner

SOLVE

We are a Hubspot agency partner, Eniture Technology and we often do custom software work for our clients.  We are looking at developing an Outlook Client plugin for a prospect to solve the problem of not being able to select a specific email account to be tracked by Hubspot which means all email accounts including personal emails get tracked by Hubspot.  As far as we can tell, the only solution now is to enter the a hubspot email address in the bcc field when you want a specific email tracked.  Please email me if you would like to be kept up-to-date on our progress.  James.Dunton@eniture.com.  Thank you.

jennysowyrda
Community Manager
Community Manager

SOLVE

Hi @JACJ,

Per the discussion in this thread, signing in and out will be the best workaround.

Thanks,
Jenny

0 Upvotes
AWipf
Participant

SOLVE

Hi, this doesn't solve the issue though? What if you have 2 Hubspot accounts for 2 Companies / 2 Outlook accounts? There is no way to do this? Seriously?? That doesnt make sense?

md2020

SOLVE

That is NOT a solution! That is impractical, impossible foolishness!!!

rufusg

SOLVE

This is not a solution as has been well documented - Just installed hubspot and have run into this.  I have 4 email accounts in outlook and wish to track one.  Without a solution this is a dealbreaker - anyone recommend an alternative CRM please?

jdunton

SOLVE

We are a Hubspot agency partner, Eniture Technology, and we often do custom software work for our clients.  We are looking at developing an Outlook Client plugin for a prospect to solve the problem of not being able to select a specific email account to be tracked by Hubspot which means all email accounts including personal emails get tracked by Hubspot.  As far as we can tell, the only solution now is to enter the a hubspot email address in the bcc field when you want a specific email tracked.  Please email me if you would like to be kept up-to-date on our progress.  James.Dunton@eniture.com.  Thank you.

GaryTesta
Contributor

SOLVE

THIS IS ABSOLUTELY NOT A SOLUTION.

You can't sign out of individual email accounts in Outlook and signing in and out of the HubSpot app every time you want to send an email is absolutey ridicolous.  

How about HubSpot simply adds three lines of code to allow us to configure which email(s) it will be tracking.

This is so obvious and so easy, that we have no idea why would HubSpot push back on it UNLESS they want to include everyone's personal emails and if they change they would lose the revenue.  That is the only logical reason why they would not choose to fix this obvious intrusion into everyone's private information and emails.

DebN

SOLVE

Do I log out of my non-HubSpot accounts every time I use Outlook or is this a one-time setup?

0 Upvotes
jennysowyrda
Community Manager
Community Manager

SOLVE

Hi @DebN,

You only need to set up the HubSpot extension one time to use it in your inbox.

Thank you,
Jenny

0 Upvotes
jbrattis
Participant

SOLVE

You really don't understand the issue. Please read the original post one more time.

0 Upvotes
GBoas
Participant

SOLVE

Jenny, you probably do not understand the community request or have chosen to ignore it. Your answer is frustrating. The feature to use HS with one email account is what is missing in your extension. If you have multiple email accounts, HS will track everything including your personal emails! This was overlooked and needs to be addressed. Capice?

PamCotton
Solution
Community Manager
Community Manager

SOLVE

Hello @GBoas,  I was able to investigate more about it, and currently, HubSpot offers multiple inbox connection options. You can connect one single email address to two different HubSpot accounts, but you can also connect two inboxes into one single HubSpot accounts. At the moment we don't have a feature to switch between accounts. The best solution is deactivating the sales plugging and using the HubSpot BCC email in the email you would like to track.

I would highly recommend you to please post this idea at our ideas forum (here).

Our product team, who monitors the forum regularly, can read your specific use case and understand why this would be a useful functionality or change. It also helps other customers facing the same issue to advocate for its implementation on your behalf by upvoting on the thread as well.

Kindly,

Pam

Você sabia que a Comunidade está disponível em outros idiomas?
Participe de conversas regionais, alterando suas configurações de idioma !

Did you know that the Community is available in other languages?
Join regional conversations by changing your language settings !