Multiple outlook accounts

jameshadley
Participant

I have three email accounts in my Outlook 2016 desktop. One I wish to track and the other two I do not.

Is there anyway to prevent the Outlook Hubspot plugin being active on selected email accounts?

I appreciate that emails sent from accounts that are not synced up to Hubspot do not create contacts nor show in the website. However, the BCC address still appears and seemingly my emails are still sent to a Hubspot address (even though they do not appear in my account) 

I can untick the log / track setting every time but wonder if there is a permanent solution?

4 Replies 4
jennysowyrda
Community Manager

Hi @jameshadley,

As the extension is associated with your email client, and not specific to one inbox, manually unchecking log and track will be the best option. 

Thank you,

Jenny

0 Upvotes
jameshadley
Participant

Hi Jenny,

Thank you for taking the time to respond though I doubt it can be described as "the best option". The only option  yes, but not the best option.

It goes back to the at least five existing posts that reflect users wishes to be able to have the hubspot outlook plugin tethered to a specific email account rather than the app as a whole.

I'm not sure how much kudos is required to push an idea into development but given the number of seperate yet aligned posts that are being upvoted that threshold cannot be far away?

Regards, James

GaryTesta
Contributor

I have the exact same problem and I've been searching for a simple way to avoid having to unclick the log and track boxes for the other 5 emails accounts that I have set up in Outlook.  I've even considered getting another email client to use for my other email addresses, but this seems like over kill for something as simple as a setting that would basically turn off the hubspot connector for each of the other email accounts.

Basically we just need to connector to recognize the FROM: Account and track&Log, log, or NOT for each email account set up in Outlook.

How do we make this a development request to UPVOTE?

jennysowyrda
Community Manager

Hi @GaryTesta,

Thank you for your feedback. If you are looking to submit a functionality request, can you please share it in our ideas forum.

Thank you,
Jenny

0 Upvotes