Multiple outlook accounts

SOLVE
Highlighted
New Contributor

Hi,

I am useing HubSpot Sales outlook extension. 

In my outlook I have sevral email accounts and I dont want HubSpot to automaticly track email sent from all of them.

I have tried looking diffrend places for a soulution but I can not seem to find a solution for how you only turn HubSport extention on for a single account and not alle accounts in outlook.

A work around for now is to either sign out of the extension or remove it enterly and add the bcc manualy.

Does anyone have a soulution for this case?

0 Upvotes
1 Accepted solution

Accepted Solutions
Community Manager

Hi @JACJ,

Per the discussion in this thread, signing in and out will be the best workaround.

Thanks,
Jenny

Did my post help answer your query? Help the Community by marking it as a solution
0 Upvotes
15 Replies 15
Community Manager

Hi @JACJ,

Per the discussion in this thread, signing in and out will be the best workaround.

Thanks,
Jenny

Did my post help answer your query? Help the Community by marking it as a solution
0 Upvotes
Occasional Contributor

Do you mean to sign out of the emails I don't want HubSpot CRM to connect with and then sign back in again - that will stop HubSpot from connecting with them?

0 Upvotes
Community Manager

Hi @Joni,

The point of signing out would be to prevent the emails from being tracked and logged to your CRM. If that isn't your end goal, then please let me know what is and we can find you the proper thread to connect with.

Thanks,
Jenny

0 Upvotes
Occasional Contributor

Thanks for your reply, Jenny. 

My goal is to be able to use my Outlook normally without HubSpot connecting with my personal email, only my business email. 

Joni

Occasional Contributor

+1 - Outlook extension would be great with the ability to pick the email to be tracked, at the moment it's useless for who has more than one email. Logging out everytime you send an email from a different account? Unacceptable for me, I have 8 accounts and only one should be tracked.

Please correct this issue.

Visitor

I am in the same situation and have more than 8 email accounts and I only want Hub to track 1 of the 8. 

It looks like it is a limitation of the outlook plugin. It can do all or none, which is ridiculous. 

Do we know for sure, that if we delete the BCC in a non-connected email, if it still tracks?

It is very annoying, because it still pops up, but again i think that is because of it being all or none with outlook. If it doesn't track it, that might be an easy work around for now, but still stinks!

0 Upvotes
Occasional Contributor

I have the same issue - I want only ONE email account out of 4 to be actively integrated with HubSpot in my Outlook. Please find a solution for this or the integration extension is burdensome rather than fabulous - which in theory and practice on the email account I want it to be active in is! 

Please prioritize this! Thanks. 

GW1
New Contributor

This doesn't work if you work for multiple charities and have a day job and private email accounts. You will be logging in and out all the time!

0 Upvotes

+3. Our team needs this as well. We each have multiple Outlook emails (office 365). I don't want to track my personal account but I do want to track each business account separately. 

Thank for the attention.  

0 Upvotes

JACJ,

I have the same issue. I have multiple email accounts in Outllook but I only want HubSpot to "Integrate" with one of them. I don't want Hubspot tracking my emails in my other accounts. If the addon for Outlook is not able to choose which account to work with and by default adds the BCC tracking to all new emails and tracks all incoming email to every account then I won't be using it.

Craig...

mnp

+1 on this one. I have four email accounts in Outlook for different organizations and I only want the emails for one of those organizations (the one that uses Hubspot) getting the Hubspot bcc -- tool is theoretically great but pratically useless without this (I'm in all four accounts simultaneously all day, can't be logging in and out for the benefit of the otherwise-awesome tool).

Occasional Contributor

+1 On this.  We need the HubSpot Outlook connector to have a simple configuration option that allows us to designate which FROM: emails (email accounts in Outlook) are tracked and log and which are not.  This is really so simple and obvious that we need to get this on the feature request list.   

This nonsense about logging in and out is not an option, and deleting the tracking copy and unclicking all the check boxes is a terrible process.  Its becoming a huge problem in our company where we are having users simply rebel and not use the connector at all, many are simply pasting in the tracking email when they send, but we aren't capturing all the emails when they forget which is really often.  I can't demand they use the app because they say we are capturing and logging their personal emails in HubSpot which is exactly what is happening.

I'm actually worried this could become a legal issue where we have some say we are intentionally tracking their personal emails, when in fact we simply don't have a simple way of allow them to turn it off for personal emails.

And no I'm not going to demand they use another email program or app, that again isn't the way the world works.

We need the simple "Don't Log or Track from these accounts feature" in the outlook connector!

PLEASE!!!

New Contributor

I also have the same issue with 5 Outlook email addresses. Has there been a solution provided for this yet?

0 Upvotes
Occasional Contributor

NO. Hubspot has simply chosen to ignore this problem.   They believe that signing in and out of Hubspot every time you send a problem is an acceptable solution, which it clearly is not.

The solution to this problem is BEYOND simple, they make the connector and the connector KNOWS exactly what email address is on the email they are pasting in the tracking information.   So turning it off is just a matter of checking the email and not pasting in the tracking info if that email address is not configured in the connector UI.

I'm really beginning to suspect that this has more to do with BILLING by the email address in the Hubspot system than anything else.   I recently did a quick review of all the emails in our system and  guess what over 30% of the emails were personal email addresses from our employees!   And I'm paying for the system to track personal emails not customers?

I'm sorry but that is simply unacceptable and also its a huge legal liability.

New Contributor

OK what a shame it's proving so difficult & the fact that you're a paying member of Hubspot?! I am also but not on this (Outlook 3665) account unfortunatley & therefore I cannot get any info regrading this direct, relevant to this email add-in issue. Please let me know here if you have any luck & all the best!

0 Upvotes